Red Rock Riches

Started by Phasir, December 28, 2011, 06:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasir

Wondering what the general opinion was on these three fellows.

Rockliff seems to be the most dominant midfielder of these three but will undoubtedly be getting way more attention from the leagues' taggers in 2012 compared to 2011 when he had Power & Black both in reasonable form. 
His buddy Redden doesn't rely on high disposal avgerages for his points, his came from his 7.5 tackles a game, so I guess its a question of whether Rockliff can handle the tag or if Redden can continue with the pressure that got him a high tackling average.
And where does Rich fit in now that he's supposedly in killer form & raring for 2012?  Will he avoid some of the attention that might have been put onto him if Rockliff & Redden hadn't had their breakout years before him?  Could he push his average up as radically as the other two did?

Who do you guys reckon will keep up with, drop, or improve on their 2011 average/price?

PurpleArmy

Black and Rich are more likely to be tagged then Rockliff. There more damaging players. Hard to say what will happen its just a game of wait and see

LiveTheDream

rockliff is way down the pecking order in terms of a tag. he is a very good fantasy option because he's an accumulator, but would be nowhere near as damaging as black or rich if they were left untagged

Windigo

Rockliff won't get tagged. In the same mold as Swan IMO.

Phasir

What about Redden?
1. will he improve on his disposal avg.
2. will he keep his high tackle count
3. will he continue with his games-in-a-row-streak going
4. will he be in your team?

Ziplock

I can see rockliff improving massively again this year. Look at his last half years scores, he averaged over 120 from his last 10 games. I just can't fit him in at the moment though... (and yes, for anyone following me, that's a massive turn around from what I was saying a month ago- it's just when I actually looked at rocky's scores I was a bit dumbstruck).

As for redden... I can't see his tackle count going down, unless he gets injured. I think, if the lions lift this year, reddens disposals will also lift. He seems pretty durable as well.

no, he won't be in my team however. It's like, rocky doesn't make my team because he's priced the same as Ablett, while Redden is priced the same as selwood. of those two pairs, I'much prefer the latter options.

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on December 28, 2011, 03:15:43 PM
I can see rockliff improving massively again this year. Look at his last half years scores, he averaged over 120 from his last 10 games. I just can't fit him in at the moment though... (and yes, for anyone following me, that's a massive turn around from what I was saying a month ago- it's just when I actually looked at rocky's scores I was a bit dumbstruck).

As for redden... I can't see his tackle count going down, unless he gets injured. I think, if the lions lift this year, reddens disposals will also lift. He seems pretty durable as well.

no, he won't be in my team however. It's like, rocky doesn't make my team because he's priced the same as Ablett, while Redden is priced the same as selwood. of those two pairs, I'much prefer the latter options.

risk vs. reward

Bigger reward if Rockliff/Redden destroy Selwood/Ablett than you having Ablett/Selwood only just outdoing RedRock

That said I might be starting w/ stacked mids this season w/ Ablett and RedRock

Colliwobblers

I am bemused by all the attention on lions players.

I have brown up front as he did a preseason and is cheap. BUT

If all the lions players actually performed on the ground like they are predicted to do in DT they'd win the flag.

one of the most popular rucks, 3 very popular midfielders, key fwd will be in most teams, adcock down back in a top scorer and the rook dochety will be in most teams, now I'm sure i've missed a bunch but in every line of DT there are lions that are very popular.

For the actual question asked, I think you can't go too wrong with any of the 3 except i'd skip rich, but for at premium pricing mids there are better options that any lions.

Ziplock

well yeah, but the odds of them destroying selwood + ablett are pretty slim. Ablett is underpriced due to underdone in the pre-season- he'll be challenging swanny in 2012 for biggest DTer, while selwood averaged 114 ppg, removing his concussion.

Windigo

I like Redden and I promised myself that I'd pick him up next year.

Should be fairly unique with many people opting to go Selwood as Zip has said.

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on December 28, 2011, 03:40:30 PM
well yeah, but the odds of them destroying selwood + ablett are pretty slim. Ablett is underpriced due to underdone in the pre-season- he'll be challenging swanny in 2012 for biggest DTer, while selwood averaged 114 ppg, removing his concussion.

Rockliff averaged 114.84 when you take out his 59 where he was subbed out just after HT due to injury (was on track for 120)

I also think the two follow up scores were injury affected as it was due to him just coming back from an injury. However I still included these two in his average.

Rockliff also had a season low (not including his injury game) of 86, Selwood had two scores below this (84 and 70)

Therefore, Rockliff IMO.

Torpedo10

Rockliff is a star. Will average 120+ in 2012. Redden is being underestimated, I reckon he will average well but would take Selwood over him.

Colliwobblers

So let me make a couple of points for feedback.

1. Rich and black more likely to get tags than rock and red. Because they are more damaging. this suggests they use the ball better. So actually are better in a way but dont rack up the DT points like rock and red.
2. A lot of people raving about the Lions midfield don't suggest having the lions key forward target in Brown even at arund $330K. This is because the entire (gun?) lions midfield cant use the ball well, or because brown wont get a chance to get it as the entire opposition backline will be playing on him  :)
3. Because brown wont be effective and the lions dont have much else up forward the ball will be won by the lions in the midfield, go forward, and come right back again, giving the lions midfield another crack at DT points, and on and on it goes the lions lose a lot but score a lot of DT points accross halfback (adcock) and the mids rock and red.
4. In summary are rock and red AFL guns or DT guns or both?

Phasir

Quote from: Nails on December 28, 2011, 10:41:47 PM

Rockliff averaged 114.84 when you take out his 59 where he was subbed out just after HT due to injury (was on track for 120)

I also think the two follow up scores were injury affected as it was due to him just coming back from an injury. However I still included these two in his average.

Rockliff also had a season low (not including his injury game) of 86, Selwood had two scores below this (84 and 70)

Therefore, Rockliff IMO.

I don't think anyone's comparing Rockliff to Selwood, maybe Redden & Selwood are a closer match, its between Ablett&Rocky, Selwood&Redden, that's what I'm seeing from the posts anyway..

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 28, 2011, 10:45:53 PM
Rockliff is a star. Will average 120+ in 2012. Redden is being underestimated, I reckon he will average well but would take Selwood over him.
I think 120+ is a bit of an exageration..

Nails

Quote from: Phasir on December 28, 2011, 11:36:52 PM
Quote from: Nails on December 28, 2011, 10:41:47 PM

Therefore, Rockliff IMO.

I don't think anyone's comparing Rockliff to Selwood, maybe Redden & Selwood are a closer match, its between Ablett&Rocky, Selwood&Redden, that's what I'm seeing from the posts anyway..

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 28, 2011, 10:45:53 PM
I think 120+ is a bit of an exageration..

120+ is no exaggeration. He averaged 120+ in his last 10 games

He also got better and better towards the end of seasons... Therefore I don't think it's outrageous/exaggerated.