Please Help! Live O/S

Started by bmac25, December 28, 2011, 02:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac25

I have been living in UK for last 12 months so am a little behind as far as new players, who's in form/injured, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My first draft is as follows:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Buntine, Gillies (M Clarke, Wilkes)

M: Gaj, Fyfe, Bartel, Hayes, Coniglio, Morabito (Hogan, S Reid)

R: Kreuzer, Natanui (Vardy, Daw)

F: Buddy, Martin, N Riewoldt, Didak, Butcher, Porplyzia, Folau (Saad, Walsh)

Leftover Cash: $122k

Ziplock

mmm, clearly need help on your rookies.

there are better option in the mids than hogan/ reid- look at players like wingard, mitchell, and gws cheapies like shiels, miles and mcdonald, better options in the ruck than daw- with the plethora of talls in NM, there's not really a spot for him atm (and I wouldn't be touching vardy after his hip injury)- the general rooks to look at for the backline are stephensen (mature aged recruit at geelong) and giles (GWS). At their prices, probably better options around than porps and mora.

Solid general structure though. Fyfe in the mids but?

erich1036

Grimes and Lake are far too risky, only select them if they have strong NAB cups. The rest of defence is looking pretty sharp.

Coniglio will struggle to play round 1 after just coming back from knee surgery. Better options include Anthony Miles, Dylan Shiel, James McDonald and Dom Tyson. The rest of the midfield looks nice though.

Replace Vardy, he's coming off a hip injury and won't see much action early on.

The forward really looks strong, except for the fact I can see Izzy Folau in there. Far better options in Taylor Adams, Devon Smith and Dayne Zorko.

But a great effort considering you've had a year out of the game!

Ringo

can not add much more than what has been already said.

Fyfe in the mids will cause leakage of points for you. Fyfe was only the 18th rank midfielder this year so would prefer to see a real mid in there.

Watch the pre season for rookies form and then see who is named.

Agree with comments on rucks Giles and Stephenson look good for bench spots and then select 2 prems with byes in mind.

bmac25

ok have shaken things up a bit, my latest draft is:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Waters, Lake, Buntine, Gillies (Clarke, Wilkes)

M: GAJ, Bartel, Rich, Hayes, Polec, Morabito (Reid, McDonald)

R: Natanui, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, N Roo, Butcher, Porp, Saad (Zorko, Walsh)

Remaining: $14k

Unsure about Rich, Hayes and Polec in mids - considering Barlow, Sidebottom (suggestions welcome)
Also unsure if my ruck setup is strong enough or whether I should upgrade Nat or Kreuzer.  If so, who do I downgrade?

DCAK

Hi mate, it's fairly obvious you've blown the budget in the midfield. Ditch Polec & Morabito, get some of the already suggested rookies instead. That should save you some coin to upgrade one of your rucks.

Also Butcher in your FWD line? Maybe a rookie will get you the same low score for less outlay.

bmac25

OUT: Polec, Kreuzer Butcher

IN: Shiel, Mumford, D Smith

Cash: $137k

Should I upgrade a line or keep the cash?

Footyrulz

Quote from: bmac25 on January 04, 2012, 06:15:48 AM
OUT: Polec, Kreuzer Butcher

IN: Shiel, Mumford, D Smith

Cash: $137k

Should I upgrade a line or keep the cash?
Nik nat is inconsisten, waters is too old and injury prone for his price and rich hasnt been scoring well.

Mabye downgrade 1 to a rookie. (morris, ellis or bell in defence) and upgrqde the other 2.

Ringo

Did not mind Butcher in the forward line but watch pre season.  Played the last 4 games of the season with a SC average of 64. Was mooted as wanting to go to Carlton but stayed at Port so may have a point to prove,
With extra cash maybe upgrade where you consider best. Personally I would look at upgrading Nik Nat to Berger, Goldie or Cox.
Like the uniqueness of Rich as imo he may benefit this year from the extra attention being paid to Rocky and Reddan.

bmac25

Ok, done a bit of tinkering (not much).  New side looks like this:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Gilbert, Lake, Buntine, Gillies (Clarke, Wilkes)

M: GAJ, Bartel, Rich, Hayes, Morabito, Shiel (Reid, McDonald)

R: Mumford, Leuenberger (Giles, Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, N Riewoldt, Porplyzia, D Smith, Saad (Walsh Zorko)

Spare Cash: $48k

I feel like my forward line is maybe slightly undermanned...thoughts/suggestions?

bmac25

Now that the game is officially open I've revamped my team a bit.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Connors, Buntine, Gillies (Clarke, Ellis)

M: GAJ, Mitchell, Thomas, Barlow, Stevens, Shiel (Ross, Mitchell)

R: Mumford, McIntosh (Giles, Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, N Roo, Porplyzia, Black, Saad (Zorko, Walsh)

Remaining Cash: $26k

Not wanting to risk Lake, Hayes, Brown, Didak atm as I can always trade them in later.
Also unsure about Connors, Gillies, McIntosh and Black.

Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated.