Marty Clarke

Started by Colliwobblers, December 28, 2011, 01:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

After a stint back in Ireland playing gaelic football, Marty is back at the mighty pies, via gws.
A few key questions to be answered from a pies fan and a DT enthusiast.

1. Will he play?
2. How much?
3. If he plays how will he score?
4. A keeper or a cash cow or neither?
5. Do you want him, do I want him?

CLARKE, Marty $141,500 [COLL] defender.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=126298

ronl

From what I remember of him he's got speed afoot, more of a straight ahead type, with a long penetrating kick. This might be simplistic, but I see him wholly or partly filling the hole left by Davis.  Anybody agree?

owenbond007

Agree. Think he will step straight in. Think he gets on well with bucks and had a falling out with mick, but dont quote me on that one. Def a starter in december take that 6th or 7th def pos. In terms of a keeper im not sure think you can expect consistent 70s from this guy would doubt he can crack a ton. His value should rise to bout the 300K mark making him a good cash cow or potential come years end as a handy reserve.

PurpleArmy

He should score quite well, he's no skinny rookie, he's played 3 seasons of afl and one gaelic so he's tough. Also taking Leon's role should see him score the same if not more then his '09 scores where he averaged 71.4. You'd be pretty happy if a rookie averaged that. He'd only be a cash cow in my team

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1761

CuStArDaRm

Think he will play, in my side atm.

Phasir

He'll most like play in the position vacated by Davis, he's training well & wants to repay the faith Collingwood have shown him so he could even improve on his average (71) from 2008/2009, especially if he's going to be a floating halfback/back pocket player who can run through the mids, probably the best value for money rookie available in 2012 IMO.  :)

Football Factory

Clarke = Moo Moo cash me up so i can get a Premium ta

Colliwobblers

lets see what bucks does with him then hey, but i'd like to see him start round 1 as a supporter and as a DT'er

Kuruki

Read an article somewhere about this dude. Mick was giving him a big rap. From what i read he is here to play. And play he shall.

mezzoculo

Here's another one of those pre-season niggles (from the Age):

"A "new" old face that would most likely have been there this week â€" Marty Clarke â€" will not be among those lining up because he suffered a minor soft tissue leg injury in training as did small forward Jamie Elliott."

Colliwobblers

damn irish they're so soft LOL  ;D not...

elli

Windigo

Currently got Brian Lake occupying the spot he would take. Really got to have him so I'll find a way to get him after NAB performances.

SydneyRox

marty clarke = moooooooooooooo

Football Factory

DT Interview: Nick Maxwell

12 hours ago by Roy

Dream Team Q&A: Pie Captain Nick Maxwell with Roy

Q: What role can you see Marty Clarke playing and is he in the round 1 mix?

A: He is in the mix for sure. I think he can play almost anywhere. He has shown he can play back but over the pre season we have seen him forward and on the wing. With that lethal left foot he is a weapon for us moving forward.

Also ...

Q: What role can you see Heath Shaw playing this year, there are whispers he may have more opportunities off the wing?

A: Yeah I expect him to play Wing / HB. He played a fair bit of wing last year and was very good. I know he’s a favourite of yours... my tip is this will be his best year to date.