1 manwolfpack 2012 team

Started by 4INAROW, December 27, 2011, 11:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4INAROW

Hey any feedback would be great going for league win with $51k left, cheers.

B:goddard, deledio, broughton, drummond, lake, m.clarke, s.docherty.
(smedts, t.mohr)

M:gaj, watson, hayes, barlow, macdonald, shiel.
(treloar, pfeiffer)

R:McEvoy, Luey
(giles, stephensen)

F:fyfe, martin, beams, zaharakis, brown, porps, zorko.
(milera, saad)

erich1036

Drummond and Lake are two massive risks that I'm not sure will pay off. Apart from that a pretty sound defence.

Midfield is looking pretty good, could with another a star or two in it. Not sure if Watson will play as well as this year next year, so there maybe better options then him. There's better GWS midfield rookie options than Treloar, such as Miles or Reid.

There are better options than McEvoy in my opinion, but Leuenberger is a great choice.

Forward line is looking very good, but would look a lot better with a star like Franklin.

But overall, a great starting team with potential. I'd just take one of Drummond or Lake out, don't go in with two massive risks in the one position. Apart from that, good job :)

Ringo

Agree with Erich - Only would take one of Drummond or Lake with both coming back from injury and poses risks.

Think you need an extra super prem in mids as Watson is also coming off serious injuries,

This is just a personal opinion in that I feel Beams is overpriced for someone that struggled with injury and initially was not in pies best 22 last season.  Would prefer to see role he is to play with pies prior to locking in. Maybe look at getting Franklin in.

Your rucks are the same as mine as byes need to be taken into consideration and only other choice is Sandi if looking at set and forget and I think McEvoy is better choice based on Sandi's toe history.
Look at rookies pre season as most teams will change rookies.

Please feel free to comment on my latest team 27 December

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44626.0.html

4INAROW

cool thanx for the opinions guys, heres an updated squad as at 28th dec.

B:GODDARD, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, LAKE, DOCHERTY, ELLIS.
(MOHR, BROWN)

M:GAJ, ROCKLIFF, BARLOW, HAYES, MILES, MACDONALD.
(SHIEL, PFEIFFER)

R:LUEY, MCEVOY.
(GILES, STEPHENSEN)

F:FRANKLIN, FYFE, MARTIN, ZAHARAKIS, BROWN, PORPS, ZORKO.
(MILERA, SAAD)

WITH $5,600 LEFT CHEERS GUYS

the_doc

Quote from: 4INAROW on December 28, 2011, 05:02:26 PM
cool thanx for the opinions guys, heres an updated squad as at 28th dec.

B:GODDARD, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, LAKE, DOCHERTY, ELLIS.
(MOHR, BROWN)

M:GAJ, ROCKLIFF, BARLOW, HAYES, MILES, MACDONALD.
(SHIEL, PFEIFFER)

R:LUEY, MCEVOY.
(GILES, STEPHENSEN)

F:FRANKLIN, FYFE, MARTIN, ZAHARAKIS, BROWN, PORPS, ZORKO.
(MILERA, SAAD)

WITH $5,600 LEFT CHEERS GUYS

don't know much about the rookies so can't add much there.

Like the backline - 3 locks with the hope that one of Grimes or Lake will become a lock (4 potential locks)

In the mids, not sure about both Hayes and Barlow, I'd probably lean towards one of them or go a gun/rookie combo to have 3 premium established players.

Rucks - no issue there

Forwards - also good, but Milera won't be starting 22 first up. He will be competing for spots against the likes of Milne, Schnieder, Saad and Sipposs who play similar roles...

My team as it stands atm:

23k remaining.

Backs - Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Birchall, Grimes, Lake, B.Ellis
(wilkes, Blee)

Mids - GAJ, Murphy, Selwood, Wingard, Zorko, Shiel
(Mitchell, Kerridge)

Rucks - Sandi, McEvoy
(Giles, Stephenson)

Fwds - Franklin, Fyfe, Riewoldt, Brown, Didak, Saad, Dick
(Smedts, Rowe)

I don't like Brad Dick in my team, but its a starting point..

4INAROW

thanks, yeh i had dick in my initial team too, not sure on his role or game time at the eagles, just have to wait and see i spose.
maybe throw james mcdonald into ur mids and swap dick for zorko is an option.

4INAROW

overall urz looks pretty good.
ive since updated mine,

B;GODDARD, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, LAKE, DOCHERTY, ELLIS.
(MOHR, BROWN)

M;GAJ, SWAN, BARLOW, MITHCELL, ZORKO, SHIEL.
(MILES, MCDONALD)

R;LUEY, SANDY.
(GILES, STEPHENSEN)

F;FRANKLIN, FYFE, MARTIN, ZAHARAKIS, BROWN, PORPS, SAAD.
(PFEIFFER, KERRIDGE)

WITH $230K LEFT, DUNNO WHERE TO PUT IT, MAYB UPGRADE GRIMES AND ONLY TAKE A RISK WITH LAKE, THOUGHTS?

4INAROW

IVE SINCE UPGRADED ZAHA TO GOODES AND GRIMES TO BIRCHALL.

Ringo

Like Grimes to Birchall

Would have kept Zaha though. Just my opinion that Goodes is an upgrade target for later in the season as he averages 20 points more for the second half of the season.

4INAROW

THANKS, WOULD YOU SUGGEST LEAVE ZAHA AND HAVE MONEY LEFT OVER THEN? OR LOOK TO UPGRADE TO SUM1 ELSE?

Ringo

Would just leave money in the bank if happy with team. Give you a handy start on upgrades.

4INAROW

TEAM NAME: 1 MAN WOLFPACK

B; GODDARD, DELEDIO, SHAW, BIRCHALL, CLARKE, ELLIS, MOHR (SMEDTS, ALLEN)

M; GAJ, SWAN, SELWOOD, SHIEL, MILES, ZORKO (MCDONALD, L.BROWN)

R; MUMMY, LUEY (GILES, STEPHENSEN)

F;BUDDY, FYFE, PAV, MARTIN, BROWN, PFIEFFER, KERRIDGE (SAAD, TRELOAR)

going for league win with $79k left, cheers guys.

4INAROW

im trying a premium- rookie strategy this year with the exception of j.brown and maybe m.clarke probably just over priced for rookie status, but overall trying to stay away from risky mid pricers this year providing my rookies get game time.

Spirios

Fair argument with mid price queries. Time will tell if rookies can score similar to those mid priced players. Unsure of the answer.

Personally not sure Luey can repeat 2011 season. I always like to go with 100 point every week ruckman. Does he fit into that category??

4INAROW

time will tell i guess, will be watching him closely in nab as with all my rookies