Final Fan Planner team maybe

Started by kilbluff1985, December 27, 2011, 01:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Hey guys this is my first attempt at 2012 struggled with some of the rookie choices let me know what you think please

Heath Shaw, Greg Broughton, Matt Suckling, Matthew Buntine, Jacob Townsend, Adam Tomlinson, Sam Docherty
Sam Frost, Brandon Ellis

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Brad McKenzie, Marc Murphy, Sam Mitchell, Jobe Watson
Stephen Coniglio, Chad Wingard

Shane Mumford, Nic Naitanui
Billy Longer, Jonathan Giles

Nathan Fyfe, Jack Riewoldt, John Butcher, Nick Haynes, Taylor Adams, Devon Smith, Rhys Cooyou
Ariel Steinberg, Michael Hurley

$106k left, happy with midfield and ruck just worried about rookies at both ends of the feild

erich1036

The only strong point is the midfield. Ruck is pretty good too.

Defence and Forward line are far too weak. Like seriously, 7 on-field rookies all up in the Defence and Forward line alone?

Needs a lot of work, but has some serious potential if you manage to keep that star-studded midfield while strengthing your defence and forward.

Ziplock

longer is from brisbane :P

erich1036

Quote from: Ziplock on December 27, 2011, 02:34:01 AM
longer is from brisbane :P

I keep forgetting that! Those damn phantom drafts put my head out of whack :P

kilbluff1985

perhaps should have added my strategy was to have a nearly full strength midfield as they score better then forwards and backs obviously, my main things i'm worried about is my rookies in forward and defence as i don't know a whole lot about them yet

Last season was my first and got ruined by non playing rookies and injuries but still came 8th in my league really want top 4 this season.

Oh i should make another reason for my strategy is i think midfield rookies find it harder to get regular games

Ringo

Would look at replacing Longer with Stephenson as unless Brisbane has injury to Hudson or Berger can not see him getting early games.

Agree mids are strong maybe downgrade one to James MacDonald at $106k who will be getting games with GWS and averaged 99.5 SC points for 2010 so not the worst option. This will free up cash for backs and forwards.

Look at restructuring your team to include Franklin in forwards and Goddard in backs as they will be in almost every team and if you do not have them you will be behind the eight ball.

tferrier18

start again, try and get a more balanced side.

Yes, midfield premiums score the most, but the midfield rookies also tend to score the most so you have to take advantage of this by starting one or two of them.
In addition to this, you won't have very many decent scoring options in def/fwd so once you have two starting on your field (only one of these may score at an ok avg), the remaining two on bench may score like crap ~30-50points. So in def/fwd usually once you go passed your starting two rookies, the quality usually drops off in terms of scoring and number of games. This is another reason why you should have more midfield rookies.

More mid/good scoring rookies = less donuts = more cash = faster upgrades = wins on the board

I dont mind starting a ruck rookie because last year smith scored very well and was one of the best rookies.

kilbluff1985

Ok never really looked at it from that point of ciew i'll make a new one up later

btw not sure why nobody is jumping on John Butcher was playing well late last year i think he going to kick +50 this year

kilbluff1985

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $36,000.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty, Sam Frost, Dyson Heppell
Gerald Ugle, Phil Davis

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, James McDonald, Sam Mitchell, Stephen Coniglio, Dom Tyson
Chad Wingard, Nick Haynes

Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Matthew Pavlich, Jack Riewoldt, Adam Tomlinson, Devon Smith, Rhys Cooyou
Adam Treloar, Hayden Crozier

Pretty happy with this squad might be my lineup until preseason starts

Ringo

Like this one better than first

As with all teams rookies will change dependant on pre season and being named in teams.

kilbluff1985

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $77,400.

Michael Talia, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jordan Kelly, Matthew Buntine, Jed Adcock, Brandon Ellis
Sam Docherty, Joshua Bootsma

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Marc Murphy, Bradley Hill, Stephen Coniglio
Chad Wingard, Elliott Kavanagh

Orren Stephenson, Jonathan Giles

Nathan Fyfe, Jack Riewoldt, John Butcher, Lance Franklin, Nicholas O'Brien,Steve Johnsnon, Ahmed Saad, Israel Folau
Hayden Crozier,Nicholas O'Brien,

Ok so this is my 3rd attempt i guess, have tried not to pick more then one player from each side besides the mids which is rather hard and my rookie choices are a bit out of the norm i find because midfielders dominated the top 20 or even 30 picks this might be acceptable and now only have 5 GWS players lol

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on January 02, 2012, 01:59:01 AM
FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $77,400.

Michael Talia, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jordan Kelly, Matthew Buntine, Jed Adcock, Brandon Ellis
Sam Docherty, Joshua Bootsma

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Marc Murphy, Bradley Hill, Stephen Coniglio
Chad Wingard, Elliott Kavanagh

Nathan Fyfe, Jack Riewoldt, John Butcher, Lance Franklin, Nicholas O'Brien,Steve Johnsnon, Ahmed Saad, Israel Folau
Hayden Crozier,Nicholas O'Brien,

Ok so this is my 3rd attempt i guess, have tried not to pick more then one player from each side besides the mids which is rather hard and my rookie choices are a bit out of the norm i find because midfielders dominated the top 20 or even 30 picks this might be acceptable and now only have 5 GWS players lol

It is tough... I think your backline in particular is in real trouble. God/Lids/Adcock and that's it!

kilbluff1985

It's kind of a strategy of mine would rather stack up elsewhere as defence is prob the lowest or one of the lowest scoring groups and i dom't know what else to do i am set on have 2 decent starting ruckman and 4 starting prem mids and would rather have 4 prem fwds then 4 prem def

Footyrulz

Looking better now. I just think youve put too much money into rookies. There are cheaper options that will score just as well as wingard, coniglio and buntine. Also obrien youve picked twice. Folau will struggle.

In midfield: mitchell, shiel, mcdonald, zorko and l brown are good options.

Defence: blee, bell, wilkes, spurr

Forward: walsh, clifton, rowe

That will get u some cash for your defence and forward line

kilbluff1985

oh cause i had stevie j on emerg for some reason so was swapping him with obrien to put him in starting 22 but forgot to remove obrien but thx very much on the rookie tips i'll have another look now

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $9,800.

Dyson Heppell, Brendon Goddard, Matt Suckling, Jordan Kelly, Lee Spurr, Jed Adcock, Brandon Ellis
Tom Bell, Joshua Bootsma

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Sam Mitchell, James McDonald, Tom Mitchell
Mitchell Grigg, Elliott Kavanagh

Aaron Sandilands, Nic Naitanui

Nathan Fyfe, Jack Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Lance Franklin, Dayne Zorko, Ahmed Saad, Israel Folau
Hayden Crozier, Steve Johnson

HTML code for copying and pasting on blogs:

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $9,800.

Dyson Heppell, Brendon Goddard, Matt Suckling, Jordan Kelly, Lee Spurr, Jed Adcock, Brandon Ellis
Tom Bell, Joshua Bootsma

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Sam Mitchell, James McDonald, Tom Mitchell
Mitchell Grigg, Elliott Kavanagh

Aaron Sandilands, Nic Naitanui

Nathan Fyfe, Jack Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Ahmed Saad, Israel Folau
Hayden Crozier, Dayne Zorko

I think this is much more solid all over