Jack grimes

Started by Speculator, December 26, 2011, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speculator

Does anybody know anything about Jack Grimes' current situation? Is he training yet or still injured?  Anyone considering this guy for 2012?

CuStArDaRm

For some reason I always want this guy in my side, still feel he is under priced coz' his potential is obvious.
I think he is training?
Dont really know would love to find out myself, if healthy, and of course baring NAB cup form I think Ill pick him.

Think his SC potential could outway his DT potential but I reckon If healthy and stringing games together he will be a great scorer in both.

Obviously a little injury prone but he is at a price where you can easily downgrade him if needed and have some cash left to upgrade someone else.

ronl

Agree with all the above.  I like Grimes but always thought he wasn't be used to his max potential.  Maybe the new coach will slot him into a slightly more attacking role.  I will be having a close look at his NAB cup form before deciding.

Delltone

Back training with the main group and will be right for round 1.

Football Factory

Colliwobblers

My DEF Shaw,Delidio,Adcock,Heppell,Conca,rook,rook (rook,rook)

Only way I can fit grimes is if he is awesome enough in Nab Cup I could give him adcocks spot, or upgrade conca to him. Or add him in place of a rook at the cost of my 5th FWD Christensen. The tough question with guys like Grimes is capability vs reliability and potential scores vs other mid pricers available (TONS IMO) potential scores.

A wait and see for me.

owenbond007

Grimes must be looked at seriously now that his been named co-captain its hard to overlook this injury proned gun.

Chelskiman

This spot has been killing me.  I started with Hanley, went to Waters and now I have Grimes, lol.  So stuck on which mid-price def I should go with.  Of course that's what NAB Cup is for, but I still want to have a settled team. =(

Purple 77

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 03, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
Grimes must be looked at seriously now that his been named co-captain its hard to overlook this injury proned gun.

Well deserved to get the captaincy....

elephants

Hmmmm and just when my backline of...

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Hanley, Conca, Mohr, Ellis
(Morris, Smedts)

Was locked away now I find myself looking to squeeze him in... :(

Kuruki

Grimes is locked as my second back  ;)

elephants

Quote from: Kuruki on February 03, 2012, 03:40:08 PM
Grimes is locked as my second back  ;)
Hmmmm interesting. Massive risk there :P I suppose your midfield is :o

MGK1

He is tempting to get though, plays the loose ball well in the backline.
Has he ever completed a season with 19+ games??

Chelskiman

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 03, 2012, 03:12:19 PM

That settles that then.  Grimes locked for NAB Cup at least!

Artax

Looking like less and less of a risk... Have had him locked since day 1 !