Interested in your thoughts

Started by crumpetjack, December 25, 2011, 08:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crumpetjack

noticeable omissions and terrible picks, please contribute. $138k left, don't want any cahs, would appreciate thoughts on where to spend

wildwombarts Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by crumpetjac. Salary cap left: $138,800.

Brendon Goddard, Corey Enright, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Adam Tomlinson, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis
Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Stephen Coniglio, Dom Tyson
James McDonald, Chad Wingard

Aaron Sandilands, Jonathan Giles
Tom Derickx, Orren Stephenson

Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Mark LeCras, Jonathan Brown, Ahmed Saad, Tommy Walsh
Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

cheers!~

RoosFTW123

Nice Team

Backs: Not sure about Heath Shaw he's an up and down player and doesn't cope well with a foward tag. A lot of people don't like Enright but i don't mind him he's very consistent and always averages 90+ a season which is a good for premo defender.
Not sure about having three rookie defenders especially Tomlinson not sure what his DT scoring potentional is like.

Midfield: Solid midfield, Only thing you might want to think about is Coniglio he's a fair bit of money and there are other rookies who cost less and will score around the same. Maybe think about starting Wingard or Macdonald

Rucks: Gone for the premo/rook setup I like that idea and is contemplating doing that as well. My only question is Derickx not gonna get much game time. Try replacing him with a more suitable rookie

Fowards: Nice foward line but where is BUDDY! Maybe with your spare cash upgrade lecras to buddy. otherwise solid premos and rookies

popedelio

I love it that you cash in the bank, one of the only teams on here so far. Its definiteluy the best and most ideal way of uprgading your players faster then anyother teams.
the defenders are great, follows the gun n rookie strategy perfectly.
Strong midifeld, and if you wanted you can save even more money by downgrading coniglio, tyson and wingard to cheaper rookies, generally because "good" rookies will be scoring the same and hence more points for your dollar
rucks are fine, though derickx not sure about js, maybe swap rowe there and get a diff fwd rookie
foward line is fine also
Overall Its a really nice team, ans with some cash on the side for upgrades. You should finish well this year if you trade well

trjd81

I think you need to have 2 premiuim rucks - as the GWS start to the year is a tough one, especially in the ruck department.  As mentioned, maybe downgrade some of your premium rookies to lower pricers, and then use the cash to get Mummy/Leuey/Goldy...

Also, I think you need Buddy in your forward line.  Everyone will have him, and you can't afford to be behind like that every week.

Otherwise a nice team.

Colliwobblers

yeah i'd upgrade lecras or go sideways to sidebottom or better. I'm not sure you can get away with those rucks, maybe use the cash to upgrade to a mid price like kruezer or hmac.

maybe downgrade one of shaw or enright to waters for the cas to use in the ruck.

4 super solid mids
4 super solid def
1 super solid ruck
3 super solid fwd and two mid priced in lecras and brown for mine

the mid prices make the fwd line ok but lecras could be a better choice and the ruck could be the maker or breaker for you

Phasir

LeCras could push his average up to +90 this season.. he'll be getting more midfield than ever with there being more crumbers around the team.
definitely drop one of Coniglio, Tyson, or McDonald, 3 GWS rookie mids with no DPP could be one or two too many when the byes come around, maybe try someone like Kyal Horsley from GCS.
overall nice team  :)

crumpetjack

TEAM NAME: Sharkbait Hoohaha
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, T. Mohr, B. Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, L. Hayes, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, L. Breust, A. Saad, A. Treloar (D. Zorko, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $6,700

Thanks for any input guys.

AndrewY

Looks a strong Def, Mid, even ruck lineup sharkbait.
My only issue is the forwards are a bit light on if Browny doesn't fire.
I do like your extra premium mid at the expense of a ruckthough. Hope Lenny comes through.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: crumpetjack on January 19, 2012, 03:41:13 PM
TEAM NAME: Sharkbait Hoohaha
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, T. Mohr, B. Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, L. Hayes, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, L. Breust, A. Saad, A. Treloar (D. Zorko, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $6,700
Thanks for any input guys.

DEF: very strong
MID: very strong
RUCK: risky a little light on
FWD: a little light on but solid.

I would rob from that defence probably birchall and put in a second premium ruck if not maybe turn hayes to a rook and put a mid priced 2nd ruck in. Just a bit risky to rely on a rooks score in the ruck, but there are tons who will be, after all giles and stephensen will play every game they are fit for. Still if a sandi/burger combo goes 90/85 and you get 40 from a rook and the 85 from burget you lost 50 points from one position. that could happen every round.

Other than the rusk risk it is a solid side very heavy in the defence a little light in the fwd line and very light in the ruck but not a bad side regardless.

GL for 2012

crumpetjack

Yep thanks lads.

The rucks are NAB cup pending. I'm happy to have 3 rooks if convinced all will play and get at least some pts. Failing that I will definitely upgrade to 2 premiums.

Taking the punt on Brown and Breust to at least make some coin with solid averages (would love keeper status but unlikely). Loved preseason reports on Breust and how he went about it last year for the Hawks. And would be great joining the BREUST calls every Hawks game :D

browny_wce

hahaha you mean "Broooooooooooooost"

yeh a strategy I may use if Coxy is looking a bit old in preseason I'll chuck Giles on the ground and get another cheapie ruck then turn one of my forwards into a premium