Which 3 out of these 4 in the forward line?

Started by Talisman, December 25, 2011, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talisman

Choose 3 of the following 4 mid-priced forwards:
1. Nick Riewoldt
2. Jonathan Brown
3. Allen Christensen
4. Alan Didak

(My theory is 2 premiums, 3 of the above mid-pricers - who could end up cheap premos, and 4 rookies - 2 starting, 2 on the bench)

jamster

brown, having 1st full preseason in 10 years, brisbane on the improve.

Christensen, should slot into geelongs free mid spot.

Those would be the only two i would pick.

Riewoldt and Didak are past their prime

Phasir

Out of those 4 I'd go with Christensen or Brown, doubtful that the other two will avg. much more than 70 in 2012, and since they're both a fair bit more expensive than rookies who could avg that I'm staying well away

Ringo

I would only look at Christensen and Brown but if pushed for 3rd would probably go with Nick Roo.

Talisman

Fascinated to see how people have dropped off N.Roo & Dids - not saying I disagree - probably won't both, but maybe neither is the smarter option... Hmmm, choices, choices!  :)

Speculator

I also am staggered by how many coaches have jumped off Riewoldt and a bit less surprised by the lack of love for Didak. One year ago both of these guys were among the top 7 forwards in the league. I'm seriously considering both of these guys and also Christensen and Brown. To answer your question Talisman, if I had to choose right now I would go with Riewoldt, Brown and Christensen.

Talisman

Exactly! Anyway, very interesting... I guess people must think the way the game is changing, coupled with his increasing age (which seems to dull the performance of most CHF's in VFL/AFL history around 30 years of age), we will see a continued decline - rather than a return to his best - for Riewoldt.
Didak is actually a bit more confusing for me - I think most players' seasons are now defined to a huge degree by their preseasons - and if that is the case, it's really not surprising at all that Dids had such a crummy year - unless I am incorrect, he missed almost the entire preseason last year after he had surgery on his pectoral muscle, which cruelled his ability to be ready for the start of the season, then he was just chasing his tail for the rest of the season!
Money and structure will determine if none, one or both find their way into my final team line-up for round 1 - as do both potentially represent good value for money.

ronl

Yeah, I agree with Talisman.  I've been thinking long and hard about both Didak and Riewoldt.  I think it's very possible they both have one good year left in them.  If they are both healthy, free of niggles, and have strong pre-seasons (strong pre-seasons being the key) I will seriously consider both.