B.Lake
J.Porplyzia
None too risky
Missy Higgins
J.Drummond
C.Knights
S.Salopek

Off Tap

Lake is very tempting. I've had both Higgins and Grimes last 2 years and they have ended up burning me so not again. Brown is interesting however I'm concerned as he will be the #1 focal point in attack and at 30 might not hold up with the double team defending that he will receive this year.

I've learnt not to have too many players coming off injury as it will likely cost you in the end.

Lake and/or Barlow maybe.

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 07:19:21 PM
Don't want to risk Brown and wouldn't have Grimes and Waters in the same team.

at his price brown isnt too much of a risk

Football Factory

Quote from: Off Tap on December 24, 2011, 09:50:37 PM
Lake is very tempting. I've had both Higgins and Grimes last 2 years and they have ended up burning me so not again. Brown is interesting however I'm concerned as he will be the #1 focal point in attack and at 30 might not hold up with the double team defending that he will receive this year.

I've learnt not to have too many players coming off injury as it will likely cost you in the end.

Lake and/or Barlow maybe.
I think its good to take a risk just not on too many.

Football Factory

Quote from: Holzman on December 24, 2011, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 07:19:21 PM
Don't want to risk Brown and wouldn't have Grimes and Waters in the same team.

at his price brown isnt too much of a risk
If he can stop headbutting with his face he could be a great pickup for 2012 like i say if i was gonna have 1 of these guys it would be the Brown Dog / Waters

Football Factory

J.Brown 2011 DT price 361k   average of 86.9     

2012 DT price according to Fanplanner 331k  average of 67

BGK

QuoteWaters had a freak elbow injury last year? Not really a fitness based injury. He should be coming into the peak of his career. Plays as a bit of a mid - small utility in the side....wouldnt be a bad pick. I wouldnt class him as injury prone as Hartlett, Higgins, JWatson, SWatson, BLee, SMarsh, DJolly or 211.

DJolly?????? Injury prone.???????

Torress

we don't pick injury prone players but we do pick players with good preseasons. so far so good for browny. pretty sure he hasn't been in this position at this time as fit as he is atm. he is locked- if he is the only target they go to then booyea!!! he is a beast he'll take contested grabs.
grimes - never again. porpz maybe, waters maybe, lake maybe

Football Factory

Looking like Brown will be in my team for 2012. As for the others burnt too many times, apart from Lake and Waters who are a slim chance if they have big preseasons and good NAB form

oodmutler

Josh Drummond could be added to this list.

Of the current list Porplyzia is a lock. J.Grimes and Lake are in the maybe catergory, even though i have Lake in my current "in progress" team.

Football Factory

Quote from: oodmutler on December 25, 2011, 06:53:54 PM
Josh Drummond could be added to this list.

Of the current list Porplyzia is a lock. J.Grimes and Lake are in the maybe catergory, even though i have Lake in my current "in progress" team.
Drummond  yes worthy of the list

owenbond007

I agree with Torress. Browny is a lock in and so is waters. Lake and porps are possibilities depending on how they play through the cup (Any signs of niggles and cross em off) and what rookies if any r tearing it up in the back and forward which tends to be very few.

elephants

Bot sure if he counts but P. Bower is one I'm backing in.
Forward line is...
Buddy, Cloke, Martin, Sidebotton, Robinson, Walsh, Zorko
Who to drop for J. Brown?

Ziplock

elephants

Cheers, zip thinking of dropping Robinson for zaharakis, i know your thoughts on him but more mid time can only help him this year??

Ziplock

yeah, more midfield time will help the majority of players. I'd personally prefer brownie over zaha though :P