J.Porplyzia
None too risky
Missy Higgins
J.Drummond
C.Knights
S.Salopek

Football Factory

Which of these injury prone players are you going to roll the dice on for 2012

I wont be putting any in, apart from the Brown Dog and Waters lol, replies for and against welcome.

elephants

I think Grimes is the only one of that lot that I am looking at. My forward line is stacked so no room for browny.

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on December 24, 2011, 04:51:18 PM
I think Grimes is the only one of that lot that I am looking at. My forward line is stacked so no room for browny.
Grimes burnt me big time last year  :'(  once burnt twice shy. Im gonna go premiums and rooks and upgrade according to the Byes

BGK

I wasn't aware Lake was injury prone. 4 of the last 6 years playing 22 games, another season he played 20. One injury year where he managed five games doesn't make him injury prone, surely?

nas

Better add H Hartlett to that list as well.

Torpedo10

I am taking a risk on 2 of them.

Holz

Brown and Grimes are almost locked in looking at waters

Torpedo10

Don't want to risk Brown and wouldn't have Grimes and Waters in the same team.

ronl

Brown has a habit of running head first into Mack trucks and expecting them to give way.  With a bit of luck, however, I expect him to dominate this year in an improving Brisbane side, very capable of getting the ball down to him.  Lake will have to show me something before I bite. Don't like the others.

Ziplock

I have 2 of those guys. Am trying hard not to be tempted by rioli again :P

Football Factory

Quote from: bestguykai on December 24, 2011, 06:41:54 PM
I wasn't aware Lake was injury prone. 4 of the last 6 years playing 22 games, another season he played 20. One injury year where he managed five games doesn't make him injury prone, surely?
Yeah true wasnt thinking just put him in cos he had such a c.r.ap year last year

Football Factory

Quote from: ronl on December 24, 2011, 07:33:59 PM
Brown has a habit of running head first into Mack trucks and expecting them to give way.  With a bit of luck, however, I expect him to dominate this year in an improving Brisbane side, very capable of getting the ball down to him.  Lake will have to show me something before I bite. Don't like the others.
Out of all of those players i must say Brown Dog is the most tempting

Phasir

I'm personally going Brown still tossing up between Grimes & Waters but one of them will be in the team by rnd 1

bowyanger

Improving Brisbane side? What a load of bollox. Every other teams improvement will far offset anything we see from the lions.

The midfielders will look to JBrown at nearly every opportunity pumping into the FWD line, making for an easy chop out  similar to JGibsons  game style in 2011, that Im sure many opposition coaches will be looking to duplicate because of its success.

Lake is injury prone because he is getting to the twighlight of his career, it wasnt just 1 injury he had. Big blokes especially dont find it any easier when the game catches up with them. His position on the ground requires him to keep up with younger, more explosive opponents that dont have the history of injuries he does.

Grimes did have back problems early, then unluckily got a flat tyre, impeding on a fitness base that his position relies heavy on, generally his opponents will have many more K's in the legs over the last 3 years.
Still being young though wouldnt be the worst risk around.

Read an adelaide paper and you wouldnt go anywhere near the porpoise. The horse has bolted IMO. 3 shoulders in as many years aint good.

Sizzle is getting his running changed? How can you seriously do that at the age of 20? AFL is a high paced game where sprinting is required, Sizzles legs cant do what the mind wants for a full season in 3 years at the top level.

Waters had a freak elbow injury last year? Not really a fitness based injury. He should be coming into the peak of his career. Plays as a bit of a mid - small utility in the side....wouldnt be a bad pick. I wouldnt class him as injury prone as Hartlett, Higgins, JWatson, SWatson, BLee, SMarsh, DJolly or 211.

Id go for no risks.

A player who has had little to no injury recently has far more potential to play better than someone who has been injured.

Some players just never get a good run at it, its a waste of a trade running the risk on these types of players, you can lose big money not only from trading out this specific player if they go down, but also the potential money you could have made on a cash cow.

Trades are paramount, how you use them determines how well you play after the subsequent setting up of your side before rd 1.

Football Factory

Totally agree with everything you just said. Yes there are a couple of players not quite injury prone just coming off bad years and seem popular which is why i put them in. PMSL on the Aussie cricketers that snuck their way in there. I will also bang Missy Higgins in how could i forget