16 keepers to start

Started by Shirtfront, December 24, 2011, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirtfront

Hi,

Had a bit of a look at a 2012 squad to challenge Nails for the car.  Any thoughts and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Def:  Goddard, B (D/M) rd13,  Deledio, B (D/M) rd13,  Shaw, H Rd12, Heppell, D rd12,  Buntine, M rd11,  Docherty, S (D/M) rd11, Morris, S rd13,  Wilkes, B rd13, Clarke, M rd12

Mids:  Swan, D rd12, Ablett, G rd13,  Christensen, A (M/F) rd12,  Martin, D (M/F) rd 13,  Barlow, M rd12, Hayes, L rd13,  Miles, A rd11, Zorko, D (M/F) rd11

Rucks: Cox, D rd11, McEvoy, B rd13, Giles, J rd11,  Stephensen, O rd12

Fwds:  Cloke, T (F/M) rd12,  Zaharakis, D (F/M) rd12, Riewoldt, N rd13,  Brown, J rd11,  Rowe, S  (F/R) rd13,  Walsh, T rd12 Smedts, B (F/D)rd12,  Saad, A rd12, Treloar, A (M/F) rd11

Best wishes of the season to you all.

Colliwobblers

Team looks very solid, midfield seems stacked tho, best cash cows are midfielders and you have only 2 potentially.
ruck is superpower
def is solid tho i would give up a mid priced mid for a mid priced def like waters maybe
fwd is ok if brown and roo fire if not its a bit light on could use a downgrade in the mids to upgrade in fwd also.

Shirtfront

Thanks Mate,

It's only early and I'm sure things will change a million times before the first ball  is kicked in anger.
Balancing the byes is a nightmare.

Your side is coming along nicely.

upthemaidens

if ya going for overall, then that team wont do it...  for league it may be fine
  change christensen and martin for mcdonald(gws) and a premium
change rowe(no point having a r/f mpp if u dont have one in the ruck) for best player u can afford maybe porps if u need a cheaper option

Shirtfront

This is my latest plan.  16 keepers, note that I'm including my set and forget ruck quartet just so it sounds impressive.

DEF: B. Goddard,C Enright, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, T Mohr, B. Ellis, L. Brown (S. Morris, L. Spurr)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, J McDonald, D. Shiel (T. Mitchell , K. Horsely)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, D. Martin, L. Franklin, D. Beams, J. Porplyzia, T. Walsh, D Zorko (J. Cameron, I Folau)
CASH LEFT: Around $184000

No Swan or Pendles or Boyd at this stage, McDonald and Folau are in there as instant money makers as they will play early and increase quickly.

I figure that over the entire 3 week bye period, we are all going to miss out on our average weekly score (eg 2100), so I'm not fussed about it happening evenly (eg 700 per week) over the three weeks or not.   I'll keep my trades for a more useful purpose.

What do you guys think? 

theflyinghawk

hahahha 14 keepers mate, but still a very solid team

Cicjose

Horsely and Spurr need to be elevated to senior list but good team

Colliwobblers

Yeah solid team indeed but if your 2 bench rucks have gone up a ton after the bye rounds you arent keeping them :)

with the money left over and porps you could just about add another keeper, unique and damn good side tho. +1 to U

Shirtfront

I'm thinking that by week 6, Porps, Macca and Izzy and 1 of the defenders will have increased by about $350,000 add their current value and my spare cash and I'll have enough for Swan, Franklin and a couple of bubble boys.

All looks promising on paper!

Sh*tatdt

all round solid team, i think you might need a dpp forward or defender in your midfield to help with byes

DT Gun

Quote from: Shirtfront on January 05, 2012, 04:19:02 PM
This is my latest plan.  16 keepers, note that I'm including my set and forget ruck quartet just so it sounds impressive.

DEF: B. Goddard,C Enright, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, T Mohr, B. Ellis, L. Brown (S. Morris, L. Spurr)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, J McDonald, D. Shiel (T. Mitchell , K. Horsely)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, D. Martin, L. Franklin, D. Beams, J. Porplyzia, T. Walsh, D Zorko (J. Cameron, I Folau)
CASH LEFT: Around $184000

No Swan or Pendles or Boyd at this stage, McDonald and Folau are in there as instant money makers as they will play early and increase quickly.

I figure that over the entire 3 week bye period, we are all going to miss out on our average weekly score (eg 2100), so I'm not fussed about it happening evenly (eg 700 per week) over the three weeks or not.   I'll keep my trades for a more useful purpose.

What do you guys think?

I like the idea of playing 2 keepers on the bench.

I personally was thinking of playing Fyfe and Goodes on my forward bench this year to suprise my opponents