Have a Question on rookies? Ask away

Started by MTTY, December 23, 2011, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Was wondering if you or anyone can give me some information on Hampton from GWS. Heard a couple people saying he is very good player.

MTTY

My apologies guys i have been very busy and i will try and answer the other questions over the next few days.

MTTY

Quote from: Patrician on December 30, 2011, 10:54:43 AM
True. Ahhh but this whole bye situation is doing my head in.  ::)

While I'm here....the Bendigo Bombers boys who got picked up by the doggies - Dickson, Redpath and Campbell - whats your thoughts?
The Doggie are obviously in a bit of a rebuilding stage but are trying to limit the damage. I see Dickson and Campbell getting a lot of early game time but Redpath may not get as many games depending on how the Key youngsters go. Campbell is a smaller ruckman but could definatey play a role as both a forward and part time ruck. Dickson is a small forward who can spend sometime in the midfield and is a good unique mature aged rookie.

MTTY

Quote from: Kuruki on December 31, 2011, 10:16:00 AM
Morning MTTY 

One of the most helpfull articles of the year,  sensational.

There a tons of midfield rookies to choose from this year.

When you look at GWS alone - Tyson Coniglio Shiel Miles Mcdonald Clifton Hampton  Hoskin Elliot Treloar 

Those being the more popular picks so far. When you consider that GWS is going to play Ward Palmer Scully and the more experienced players, how many of these rookies do you genuinely feel will get enough game time to be ready to milk before the bye's come around?.
Do you think it will be ok to load up on a few extra GWS rookies with a plan to get rid of a few of them before round 11, or would the risk of them not playing enough games be too high?. If you think they will mature fast enough which one's are more likely to play most games prior to round 11.

Well with Sheedy as coach i see a fairly big rotational policy of the youth, but if some of them show maturaity then they should stick around in the side.

Tyson - I see him getting a few early games but he may spend more time in the reserves developing that burst speed and to further develop his skills.

Coniglio - He is a very mature player and should feature mainly in the senior team as David Swallow did last year. Has the skills to set him in the GWS midfield for the year its just about convincing Sheedy of that.

Miles - He is a ball magnet and Sheedy could play him as one of the older youngsters through the midfield just to get GWS the ball at times. Can see him playing a lot of the opening 11 rounds.

McDonald - While a lot of people see him getting little game time this year i see the opposite. Sheedy has said he will give the youngsters time to develop, meaning that they will want to shield them with the older players for most of the year. So i can see him playing around 18-20 games.

Clifton - Forms a great combo with Giles and is a mature aged player. He has developed well at GWS and should play 18-20 games with the majority in the first half of the year.

Treloar and Hampton - They play similar roles as half forwards/midfielders and both should be given good amounts of oppurtunities in those roles. Hampton i see getting more games then Treloar as he has really impresses Sheedy and is one of his favourites.

Hoskin-Elliott - I don't see him playing a lot of games maybe 8-13, depending on if GWS want to utilise his speed on a wing or not. I think he will play the majority of his games in the second half of the year.

MTTY

Quote from: Didds70 on December 31, 2011, 04:04:09 PM
Gday MTTY , good topic with equally good replies , picked up a couple of furthur names to look into .

Just wondering what your general thoughts are around Lee Spurr / Freo . Currently I'm leaning slightly toward the more
mature agers in most positions if possible .

Also any thoughts on Jed Lamb @ Syd would be much appreciated , he read pretty well pre 2011 , I certainly had him
short listed 12 months ago ,

Many Thanks MTTY .

Lee Spurr is very much locked into the backline for me. He is a very talented mature aged player and if he hadn't of been picked by Fremantle i wouldn't have any hesitantion. We do not know what Ross Lyon will do with him or if he will even promote him yet, but if he does get promoted he should average very well for his price. Spurr played a key role in the SANFL this season for Centrals and almost gifted them a premiership with his inspired GF performance.

Jed Lamb is an interestign one, Sydney tend to go very light on playing rookies and i was surprised not to see him get a senior game this season for the Swans. Jed has a very accurate kick for his age which is very good for SC and could play a role that the Swans need in order to allow O'Keefe permenant midfield time. I can see Lamb playing this year at some point but with Sydney i am not entirely sure if  he is worth starting the year with.

MTTY

Quote from: coconut52 on December 31, 2011, 04:51:18 PM
Hey MTTY just have a couple of questions, seems like your doing a great job

Is it true Docherty is injured at the moment

And what do you think about marty clarke will he play most games

thank you in advance

Yep Ringo is spot on there.  ;)

Thanks for that Ringo.

MTTY

Quote from: Ringo on December 31, 2011, 07:02:05 PM
Do not know much about these rookies with F/B DPP.

Which one would you select that will probably get games:
Jackson Ferguson (Saints); Jackson Paine, Trent Stubbs (Pies); Tom Curran (Roos); Jack Redpath (Dogs) Simon Turnbridge (Eagles). Just covering bases and need to select one to interchange with Smeldts.

Also anything on Sam Frost.

Turnbridge for me is the most talented out of the lot of them but is also one of the ones least likely to get games seeing as he is at WCE. I think Paine could play at some point as he has been training very well but once again the Magpies team is very hard to crack. Tom Curran has a lot of potential but has good competition in the Roos line-up meaning he could be limited for oppurtunities.

MTTY

Quote from: SonsOfZeus on December 31, 2011, 11:31:00 PM
what do you think about M Talia.

Also great info. most important info for SC 2012. much appreciated.

Talia is a great young prospect and i was very shocked to see him slip as much as he did. With the Bulldogs in decline he could get a chance if the other young backs are not performing but remember Key Position players usually take time to find their feet at AFL level and in terms of Fantasy scoring.

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 01, 2012, 04:31:53 PM
Awesome thread MTTY

What do you think about Thomas Couch?

Is at a club where he is very much needed as the Demons will look to add some experience and grunt into their team but i can not help but think he could play a similar role to Evans, meaning he features late in the year. Has solid skills to play as both a midfielder and as a half forward.

MTTY

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 02, 2012, 11:03:08 PM
Was wondering if you or anyone can give me some information on Hampton from GWS. Heard a couple people saying he is very good player.

Hampton is a very very good young player. He is in the mould of Adam Goodes but is a smaller in height. Another play he is very much a like is Anthony Morabito and that is the role i see him playing at GWS, as a half forward and midfieder. Sheedy loves the kid and he has been trainging exceptionally well.

charliesheen

Who will win the rising star in 2012?   ;D

MTTY

Didds70

Quote from: MTTY on January 21, 2012, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: Didds70 on December 31, 2011, 04:04:09 PM
Gday MTTY , good topic with equally good replies , picked up a couple of furthur names to look into .

Just wondering what your general thoughts are around Lee Spurr / Freo . Currently I'm leaning slightly toward the more
mature agers in most positions if possible .

Also any thoughts on Jed Lamb @ Syd would be much appreciated , he read pretty well pre 2011 , I certainly had him
short listed 12 months ago ,

Many Thanks MTTY .

Lee Spurr is very much locked into the backline for me. He is a very talented mature aged player and if he hadn't of been picked by Fremantle i wouldn't have any hesitantion. We do not know what Ross Lyon will do with him or if he will even promote him yet, but if he does get promoted he should average very well for his price. Spurr played a key role in the SANFL this season for Centrals and almost gifted them a premiership with his inspired GF performance.

Jed Lamb is an interestign one, Sydney tend to go very light on playing rookies and i was surprised not to see him get a senior game this season for the Swans. Jed has a very accurate kick for his age which is very good for SC and could play a role that the Swans need in order to allow O'Keefe permenant midfield time. I can see Lamb playing this year at some point but with Sydney i am not entirely sure if  he is worth starting the year with.
Good work MTTY , thanks for the reply . Had Spurr locked very early on without realising he still needed promoting so I guess it's just fingers X'ed on that promotion now .
Good point re: Swans & light use of Rooks .
Thanks again .

DCAK

Hi MTTY, just wanted to thank you for this great thread, really fantastic work you've done here! Where do you find the time to monitor all the state leasgues? It would be a full time job!

MTTY

Quote from: DCAK on January 24, 2012, 12:22:10 AM
Hi MTTY, just wanted to thank you for this great thread, really fantastic work you've done here! Where do you find the time to monitor all the state leasgues? It would be a full time job!
Well I really live sports journalism and aim to become one. So AFL is a big interest of mine so I check up on the state league stats, performances, replays and articles frequently.