Have a Question on rookies? Ask away

Started by MTTY, December 23, 2011, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Quote from: Patrician on December 29, 2011, 10:26:50 AM
Would you go Morris or Ellis for a backline spot MTTY? I cannae get both  :(

Morris looks the better, IMHO. His SANFL form looks pretty nice.
If i had to pick 1 it would probably be Ellis.

While Morris' maturity and hardness along with his SANFL form last year is appealing, he is more likely to play as a shutdown defender or a half back flanker who plays closer attention to his opponents. Ellis is a classic half back pacey runner who is possibly the best user of the ball in the draft, and thats always good for SC.

Personally i will be getting both.

Ringo

Great work here MTTy

Thoughts on Panos and will he get early games at the dogs.

MTTY

Quote from: Ringo on December 29, 2011, 05:13:55 PM
Great work here MTTy

Thoughts on Panos and will he get early games at the dogs.
Liked Panos ever since he was drafted. Personally i think he should have gone in the National Draft, very early possibly first round instead of the rookie one. He was talked up a lot prior to his drafting year but no-one touched him in the ND.

He will get early games in my opinion, he has a very accurate kick, so will rarely miss and he is also an exeptional mark.

Ringo

Thanks MTTY he will slot in nicely as my rookie with bye in round 11.

Patrician

Thanks MTTY. I'll have a closer look at Ellis.

Quote from: MTTY on December 29, 2011, 05:09:44 PM
I would like to....just a matter of how many Round 13 Bye players I can manage.

MTTY

Quote from: Patrician on December 30, 2011, 10:13:54 AM
Thanks MTTY. I'll have a closer look at Ellis.

Quote from: MTTY on December 29, 2011, 05:09:44 PM
I would like to....just a matter of how many Round 13 Bye players I can manage.
The way I see it I will at the very least have one of them upgraded by then anyway.

Patrician

True. Ahhh but this whole bye situation is doing my head in.  ::)

While I'm here....the Bendigo Bombers boys who got picked up by the doggies - Dickson, Redpath and Campbell - whats your thoughts?

Kuruki

Morning MTTY 

One of the most helpfull articles of the year,  sensational.

There a tons of midfield rookies to choose from this year.

When you look at GWS alone - Tyson Coniglio Shiel Miles Mcdonald Clifton Hampton  Hoskin Elliot Treloar 

Those being the more popular picks so far. When you consider that GWS is going to play Ward Palmer Scully and the more experienced players, how many of these rookies do you genuinely feel will get enough game time to be ready to milk before the bye's come around?.
Do you think it will be ok to load up on a few extra GWS rookies with a plan to get rid of a few of them before round 11, or would the risk of them not playing enough games be too high?. If you think they will mature fast enough which one's are more likely to play most games prior to round 11.

Didds70

Gday MTTY , good topic with equally good replies , picked up a couple of furthur names to look into .

Just wondering what your general thoughts are around Lee Spurr / Freo . Currently I'm leaning slightly toward the more
mature agers in most positions if possible .

Also any thoughts on Jed Lamb @ Syd would be much appreciated , he read pretty well pre 2011 , I certainly had him
short listed 12 months ago ,

Many Thanks MTTY .

coconut52

Hey MTTY just have a couple of questions, seems like your doing a great job

Is it true Docherty is injured at the moment

And what do you think about marty clarke will he play most games

thank you in advance

Ringo

Coconut Being a Lions supporter will answer the part for you on Docherty from the Lions Medical Room:

"Draftee Sam Docherty has just had hip surgery but is not expected to miss too much time."

This may be a reason for not including him in Teams from round 1 maybe a downgrade target.

Ringo

Do not know much about these rookies with F/B DPP.

Which one would you select that will probably get games:
Jackson Ferguson (Saints); Jackson Paine, Trent Stubbs (Pies); Tom Curran (Roos); Jack Redpath (Dogs) Simon Turnbridge (Eagles). Just covering bases and need to select one to interchange with Smeldts.

Also anything on Sam Frost.

coconut52

Quote from: Ringo on December 31, 2011, 06:12:31 PM
Coconut Being a Lions supporter will answer the part for you on Docherty from the Lions Medical Room:

"Draftee Sam Docherty has just had hip surgery but is not expected to miss too much time."

This may be a reason for not including him in Teams from round 1 maybe a downgrade target.

Thanks for your help Ringo

SonsOfZeus

what do you think about M Talia.

Also great info. most important info for SC 2012. much appreciated.

Purple 77

Awesome thread MTTY

What do you think about Thomas Couch?