Have a Question on rookies? Ask away

Started by MTTY, December 23, 2011, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FantasyBoy

what do you think about jarrad redden? will he get 15+ games (assuming he doesn't get injured)?

Linzo

Hi There,

Zorko, Crozier, Tom Mitchell?

Thanks

Talisman

Yeah, also Sam Rowe from Carlton? (and Rowe vs. Giles for 4th ruck spot?)

The Bloods

Hey MTTY do you think Adam Tomlinson will get more game time now due to Patton now being out untill May?

Doing a great job mate keep up the good work

MTTY

Quote from: Delltone on December 24, 2011, 07:10:02 PM
Wondering about Aaron Hall? Good price and lots of talk. Will he get a game/be worth the pick? I'm a little short on fwd's I am happy with. Thanks
I think he is a very good chance of getting games at GC  as a mature aged player. Has very flashy skills, his body is ready for AFL and he can fill a role as a small forward for GC. Taking this into account there could be some better forward rookies but I like him as a unique rookie in a team where they need maturity.

MTTY

Quote from: FantasyBoy on December 24, 2011, 08:21:27 PM
what do you think about jarrad redden? will he get 15+ games (assuming he doesn't get injured)?
Redden is an interesting one as if the Power didn't pick up Renouf I would have said definitely. He should get games sometime throughout as he is highly touted by both the club and supporters as a youngster. I think 15 games may be pushing it, I believe Port will start with Lobbe and Renouf and at some stage rest Lobbe or if one loses form bring Redden in.

MTTY

Quote from: Linzo on December 25, 2011, 07:30:21 PM
Hi There,

Zorko, Crozier, Tom Mitchell?

Thanks

Zorko - I believe he will play most games. Had a strong season for Broadbeach, as their Captain, winning quite a few awards including his fourth best and fairest. Many believe he will become a sensational player in the AFL now that he has his chance. Zorko reminds me a lot of Rockliff in the style he plays, he is a pacey midfielder who lives kicking goals.

Crozier - he has been hyped up far too much for my liking, all because of his outstanding mark in the U18 Champs. I am not saying he is a bad player but there are better midfielders. He plays more as a marking forward then a midfielder. He has a very good pair of hands and is a very good contested player, however at Fremantle I see him back in the pecking order and can't see Ross Lyon playing hI'm early this year if at all. It is worth pointing put that he kicked 8 goals on the champs with an average of 18.7 disposals at 67.4% efficiency, he was also very impressive with sprits, endurance and jumps at the draft combine.

Tom Mitchell - Class act. Reminds me of Pendlebury, has good endurance, great efficiency, sets up the play and gathers lots of possessions. He struggled with an injury during the U18 Champs this year and adding to that the fact he was always headed to Sydney as a F/S pick he was very underhyped. His highlight of his junior career was a 41 possession game for the AIS/AFL team.

MTTY

Quote from: Talisman on December 25, 2011, 07:37:43 PM
Yeah, also Sam Rowe from Carlton? (and Rowe vs. Giles for 4th ruck spot?)
Giles for me Tailsman.

Sam Rowe will play mainly as a KF which usually means lower scores then first rucks. He has a quality midfield delivering him the ball which could boost his scores a little more however.

Jon Giles will be the first ruck and has formed a very good combo with Clifton over the past 12 months. Giles has more than often been in the Giants best and should continue to do so.

MTTY

Quote from: The Bloods on December 26, 2011, 08:55:57 AM
Hey MTTY do you think Adam Tomlinson will get more game time now due to Patton now being out untill May?

Doing a great job mate keep up the good work
I certainly do. I think he would have eitherway, but now he will play as a forward as with Patton playing I believe he would have been playing in the backline. It also in my opinion will give Haynes gametime as well.

Thanks mate.

erich1036

Do you expect Chad Wingard to play a full season and score well or are there other options that will score better at the same price or cheaper?

And if you could pick 2 of the following who would you pick: D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad, S. Clifton, T. Milera, T. Adams and D. Smith
And if you had to choose 1 out of T. Walsh, A. Treloar, S. Kerridge and C. Hampton who would you take?

Also, how do you think Buntine will score in comparison to players like Docherty and Ellis?

Thanks heaps mate!

MTTY

Quote from: erich1036 on December 28, 2011, 07:48:57 PM
Do you expect Chad Wingard to play a full season and score well or are there other options that will score better at the same price or cheaper?

And if you could pick 2 of the following who would you pick: D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad, S. Clifton, T. Milera, T. Adams and D. Smith
And if you had to choose 1 out of T. Walsh, A. Treloar, S. Kerridge and C. Hampton who would you take?

Also, how do you think Buntine will score in comparison to players like Docherty and Ellis?

Thanks heaps mate!
I think Wingard will play most games at Port Adelaide this year. Although he is a smaller bodied player, he is very versatile playing both as a forward and midfielder. His performance at the draft combine pushed him further up the draft order an allowed him to stay in his home state. There are a few options but he is one of the better ones, he should score pretty well next year.

Pfeiffer, Saad and Clifton.

Hampton.

I think Buntine may play a greater lockdown backman role than Ellis and Docherty. Ellis and Docherty will play as attacking back flankers with the amount of experience their teams have there but with GWS' lack of experience Buntine won't get that chance.

erich1036

oodmutler

Have only just stumble across this topic.

Great questions all round, and MTTY top work answering them all. You're a freak with that kind of knowledge base, keep up the top notch work!

Cheers Ood!

Patrician

Would you go Morris or Ellis for a backline spot MTTY? I cannae get both  :(

Morris looks the better, IMHO. His SANFL form looks pretty nice.

MTTY

Quote from: oodmutler on December 28, 2011, 10:41:40 PM
Have only just stumble across this topic.

Great questions all round, and MTTY top work answering them all. You're a freak with that kind of knowledge base, keep up the top notch work!

Cheers Ood!
Thanks Ood  ;D