Have a Question on rookies? Ask away

Started by MTTY, December 23, 2011, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batt

Which ten rookies do you think are most likely to be in a starting 22 by round 1? (Preferably not just from GWS :P)

Who do you think is seriously underrated? (in terms of supercoach, i.e durability, consistency, not just talent)

Cheers!  ;D

MTTY

1. Tom Mitchell - SYD
2. Jonathan Giles - GWS
3. Dylan Shiel - GWS
4. Curtley Hampton - GWS
5. Dayne Zorko - Brisbane
6. Ahmed Saad - STK
7. Steven Morris - Richmond
8. Brandon Ellis - Richmond
9. Luke Brown - Adelaide
10. Stephen Clifton - GWS

(Not in order)

My top three for underated would be

Luke Brown - Talked up a lot by Adelaide and is almost certainly locked for round 1. He will play as a half back flanker i assume and with his good efficiency should be good for supercoach.

Brandon Ellis - Has trained the house down at Richmond, should start in round 1 as half back. He is one of if not the best disposers in the draft by foot.

Tom Mitchell - With Sydney sealing him way before the draft with a F/S, we was hardly talked about. Mitchell missed most of the U18 Champs through injury but in teh last game of it for WA he was sensational. Mitchell's highlight of his junior career would have to be his 41 disposals in a match while on tour with the AIS/AFL team. He plays very similar to Scott Pendlebury.

Galea89

Nice write up's :D

Ok I have a scenario for you:

Defence:

For 2 on field spots and 2 bench spots, who would you choose between:
Marty Clarke, Steven Morris, Tim Mohr, Beau Wilkes, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis, Luke Brown, and Billie Smedts?

Midfield:

2 on field & 2 bench:
Shiel, J.Mcdonald, Tom Mitchell, Morabito, Coniglio, Tyson, Miles?

Forward:

2 on field & 2 bench:
Saad, Treloar, Kerridge, Milera, Clifton, Hampton, Pfeifer, Walsh, Zorko?

MTTY

Quote from: Galea89 on December 23, 2011, 09:32:56 PM
Nice write up's :D

Ok I have a scenario for you:

Defence:

For 2 on field spots and 2 bench spots, who would you choose between:
Marty Clarke, Steven Morris, Tim Mohr, Beau Wilkes, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis, Luke Brown, and Billie Smedts?

Midfield:

2 on field & 2 bench:
Shiel, J.Mcdonald, Tom Mitchell, Morabito, Coniglio, Tyson, Miles?

Forward:

2 on field & 2 bench:
Saad, Treloar, Kerridge, Milera, Clifton, Hampton, Pfeifer, Walsh, Zorko?

Thanks Galea

Here we go

Defence: Out of those players - Morris, Docherty, Ellis and Brown

Midfield: Out of those players - Shiel, McDonald, Mitchell and Coniglio

Forwards: Out of those players - Pfeiffer, Zorko, Saad and Clifton

BGK

Hey bud, you rate Michelle better than Treloar

MTTY

Quote from: bestguykai on December 23, 2011, 09:55:57 PM
At this point i do. Although Michelle is still a rookie, i think he will be upgraded and play a major part in the Port team as a mid. Compared to Treloar who although he has talent, i see playing more as a forward, with less games throughout the year in a rotation system.

Ringo

Just curious MTTY why you rate Pfeifer above Treloar?

Agree with others you have suggested. 

MTTY

Quote from: Ringo on December 23, 2011, 10:01:02 PM
Just curious MTTY why you rate Pfeifer above Treloar?

Agree with others you have suggested.
Basically as stated above. Although i rate Treloar as a better future prospect, in terms of next season i would rather Pfeiffer. If Treloar were at a club that did not have so much young talent (rotational policy) i would probably choose Treloar over him.

nichsa673

What are your thoughts on Billie Smedts?

MTTY

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 23, 2011, 10:17:08 PM
What are your thoughts on Billie Smedts?
Really like Smedts. He is currently training very well and has received high praise from Scott for it. I think he is of great value due to the fact he can play as a midfielder, forward or defender in the Geelong line-up.

coolfugitiv0

I'm looking at the mid rookies.

Who would be your top 4 out of:
E. Kavanagh, T.Mitchell, C.Wingard, D.Shiel, S.Kerridge, D.Tyson, J.McDonald, C.Hampton, S.Clifton and A.Miles?

Right now I'm thinking Mitchell, Shiel, Kerridge (mainly for DPP) and Kavanagh. But I would like to hear your thoughts.

Also, what do you think of Tory Dickson from the Bulldogs as a rookie forward?

MTTY

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on December 24, 2011, 12:22:20 AM
I'm looking at the mid rookies.

Who would be your top 4 out of:
E. Kavanagh, T.Mitchell, C.Wingard, D.Shiel, S.Kerridge, D.Tyson, J.McDonald, C.Hampton, S.Clifton and A.Miles?

Right now I'm thinking Mitchell, Shiel, Kerridge (mainly for DPP) and Kavanagh. But I would like to hear your thoughts.

Also, what do you think of Tory Dickson from the Bulldogs as a rookie forward?

For me out of those i would have to say the best scoring potentials are; Shiel, McDonald, Mitchell and Kavanagh, but if you want to chuck a DPP in there like Kerridge, then the three i would go for would be -

. Shiel
. Mitchell
. Kavanagh - Beats McDonald just as he is very efficient by foot.

Tory Dickson was very appealing if he was a C/F, as a forward only he still warrants selection, due to the fact that the Bulldogs have picked the mature ager to play a role for the team. He should play most games and will add a hardness to the Doggies game.

Talisman

Quote from: MTTY on December 23, 2011, 09:59:19 PM
At this point i do. Although Michelle is still a rookie, i think he will be upgraded and play a major part in the Port team as a mid. Compared to Treloar who although he has talent, i see playing more as a forward, with less games throughout the year in a rotation system.

A "major" part in the Port team?? Do I take it from that that you think that he will play most games & score fairly well? Or be more a run-with/role player?

Also, a couple of head to heads:
1. Milera vs. Saad? (fwd rookie spot)
2. Kavanagh vs. McDonald? (mid rookie spot) - I know you just answered this, but do you really think Kavanagh will play as many  games as McDonald??
3. Nathn Blee vs. Jackson Allen? (back rookie spot)
4. Do you really rate Docherty above Marty Clarke?? (obviously, back rookie spot)

Thanks heaps for all of your advice - very, very helpful & an impressive knowledge base!

MTTY

Quote from: Talisman on December 24, 2011, 06:31:27 PM
Quote from: MTTY on December 23, 2011, 09:59:19 PM

A "major" part in the Port team?? Do I take it from that that you think that he will play most games & score fairly well? Or be more a run-with/role player?

Also, a couple of head to heads:
1. Milera vs. Saad? (fwd rookie spot)
2. Kavanagh vs. McDonald? (mid rookie spot) - I know you just answered this, but do you really think Kavanagh will play as many  games as McDonald??
3. Nathn Blee vs. Jackson Allen? (back rookie spot)
4. Do you really rate Docherty above Marty Clarke?? (obviously, back rookie spot)

Thanks heaps for all of your advice - very, very helpful & an impressive knowledge base!
I think he will score well and play most games, don't think he will tag, will play as an attacking midfielder possibly on a wing.

1. Saad
2. Kavagnagh - Yes i think he will, he is a very classy player and will add to the Bombers emerging mids. With McDonald i think he will play as a tagger but still score very well, though i can see Kavanagh averaging thereabouts, with his efficiency. Another thing with McDonald is if he starts dominating play he will get a tag.

3. Jackson Allen
4. Yes i do. I see Clarke playing as a more role style play for Collingwood, so a lockdown hard backmen, which allows Shaw and possibly O'Brien to use their running game.

No worries, i enjoy helping out with rookies etc.

Delltone

Wondering about Aaron Hall? Good price and lots of talk. Will he get a game/be worth the pick? I'm a little short on fwd's I am happy with. Thanks