Have a Question on rookies? Ask away

Started by MTTY, December 23, 2011, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

So as some of you may know i tend to follow rookies a lot throughout seasons outside the AFL in; SANFL, VFL, WAFL, NEAFL, TSL and mainly TAC Cup and U18 Champs.

So if you have any queries on who's game style will suit SC? Who will get games? etc. Ask away and i will try to answer to the best i can.

nichsa673

Jackson Allen. Lock for me, what do you think???

Ziplock

MTTY

Allen is very good pick up for SC. He has great disposal skills by both hand and foot, he also kicks very long adding extra points on. He was one of QLD's best at the U18 carnival and has made a stunning recovery from OP.

The fact that Allen is listed as a C/B makes him all the more tempting, so for me he is a very good unique rookie pick for SC. Beware of his OP problems in 2010 though.

jakeoner1

MTTY

Quote from: Ziplock on December 23, 2011, 07:38:45 PM
Bews from geelong (FS pick :P )
Bews is an interesting one, being picked up as a F/S put him on the radar but the kid does have some talent about him. Bews is one of those players that always gives 100% and never gives up in a game so you know he will always be trying to get involved in the play. Jed is a silky smooth mover, who has the body and height to push into the senior next season, something which Jed could infact do. Bews managed to sneek into the Geelong VFL side for three games last year, again showing his workrate to suceed and improve.

The major problem for me is that Bews will struggle for gametime at the Cats and out of the rookies that they picked up he is a fair way down the order from them.

MTTY

Quote from: jakeoner1 on December 23, 2011, 07:44:52 PM
what do you think shiel will average?
Where David Swallow did (79.5) or there abouts they are very similar players and in my opinion will both be elite in AFL and Fantasy football.

What would your top 10 at the draft look like if you included all the pre listed GWS players like Cameron, Treloar and Shiel? Not for SC purposes.

jakeoner1

yeh i went to school with him and i overheard a hawthorn scout saying that he reminds him of chris judd at that age

MTTY

Quote from: 2 on December 23, 2011, 07:50:44 PM
What would your top 10 at the draft look like if you included all the pre listed GWS players like Cameron, Treloar and Shiel? Not for SC purposes.

1. Patton - GWS
2. Shiel - GWS
3. Coniglio - GWS
4. Cameron - GWS
5. Hampton - GWS
6. Tyson - Port Adelaide
7. Golds - GWS
8. Longer - Brisbane
9. Buntine - GWS
10. Tomlinson - GWS

MTTY

Quote from: jakeoner1 on December 23, 2011, 07:51:33 PM
yeh i went to school with him and i overheard a hawthorn scout saying that he reminds him of chris judd at that age
Yeah both of them remind me of Judd.

Galea89

What do you think of:

S. Clifton
A. Saad
T. Milera
T. Bugg
A. Treloar
S. Rowe
T. Mohr

Sorry for so many :S

Barlow 21

I'd be interested for your thoughts on Anthony Miles as he was GWS's leading DT player last season.

MTTY

Quote from: Galea89 on December 23, 2011, 08:01:41 PM
What do you think of:

S. Clifton
A. Saad
T. Milera
T. Bugg
A. Treloar
S. Rowe
T. Mohr

Sorry for so many :S

Clifton - He is a very good mature ager who could very well be like Barlow. He has good speed, is good in contested situations and forms a great duo with GWS ruckman Giles. Former JJ Liston trophy winner.

Saad - Offers a lot of value this year as a forward, should sneak into the Saints line-up and free up Milne a little more. He has the ability to involve himself in games and surprising isnt too much of an impact player as he tends to stay in games with good consistency. He will be one of the highest picked rookies, but remember FP players can drift in and out of games.

Milera - Milera could see himself in the Saints 22 in the openign rounds mainly through his speed and ability to play both as a forward and midfielder. He is a fairly skilled player by foot and loves kicking goals playing as a midfielder. Will be a unique rookie pick for fantasy with mosts attention on Clifton, Zorko and Saad.

Bugg - I honestly don't see Bugg getting a lot of games next year. His DPP makes him more appealing but he tends to play more time in the middle then defence and with GWS' stocks in the midfield probably won't make the cut. Even if he gets games Bugg tends to play as a tagger for GWS, will that change? Player of the future for me.

Treloar - Speedy half forward/ midfielder player who adapts very quickly, and has very sharp skills. He and his close friend Dylan Shiel will form quite a combo next season. Treloar i think will play more as a forward in his first year; Gray, Dangerfield etc. He shoudl get games and could be a good pick up next year.

Rowe - Picked up to play a role at Carlton and that is as a KF. Not really too similar to PODS in his body but he is a strong marking tall. Offers value in the forward lien although i would be more reluctant to pick a player like Zorko.

Mohr - Was one of the better KB's available outside the AFL, and will play as a lockdown full back for GWS. Could offer a bit in fantasy as a mature player as he likes to set up the play, and i have thought about including him on numerous occassions in my team.

MTTY

Quote from: Barlow 21 on December 23, 2011, 08:09:25 PM
I'd be interested for your thoughts on Anthony Miles as he was GWS's leading DT player last season.
He was my favourite rookie when GWS picked him up and i was dissapointed at the fact he would not be playing in 2011. He is a very good midfielder, reminds me of Dane Swan, has the capacity to run all day. He gathers loads of possessions and with that being said is better suited to DT, however his disposals his fair good also making him good in both forms of the game.