Torpedo10s Helpful Thoughts!

Started by Torpedo10, December 23, 2011, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuruki

Phil Davis.  There will be tons of pill down the back for GWS. Do you think he could become a 7th back?

theflyinghawk

which combo would you rate better

Zaha/Sidebottom

or

Stevie J/Brown

HarryStar

Great to see some handy advice being given out Torpedo. 2011 was my first year also and I didn't really have much of an idea, but I had fun.

I have a question for you ... do you think there will be any 2nd year players who will elevate themselves to premium status in 2012?

Torpedo10

Quote from: Kuruki on December 28, 2011, 10:50:10 PM
Phil Davis.  There will be tons of pill down the back for GWS. Do you think he could become a 7th back?
I think Phil Davis would be a great pickup. He averaged okay at Adelaide before his unfortunate injuries and I think if he stays injury safe will be a possession winning Defender at GWS. I'd check him out through the pre-season but if no injuries occur jump on him.

Torpedo10

Quote from: theflyinghawk on December 28, 2011, 11:16:38 PM
which combo would you rate better

Zaha/Sidebottom

or

Stevie J/Brown
I think alot of people will disagree with me on this but I'd go Zaha/Sidebottom combo. I think they will both go 90+ average and will be more consistent than Stevie J. Stevie J is too highly priced. I think Brown is past his best sadly so i'd go Zaha/Sidebottom combo.

Torpedo10

Quote from: HarryStar on December 28, 2011, 11:34:44 PM
Great to see some handy advice being given out Torpedo. 2011 was my first year also and I didn't really have much of an idea, but I had fun.

I have a question for you ... do you think there will be any 2nd year players who will elevate themselves to premium status in 2012?
I think there are a few. If you count Shuey as one altho I don't he should be one to go 90+ average this year. Heppell will come to Premium standard. I think Swallow will blossom and score well altho I wouldn't start him. Conca and Polec still have a few years to wait. A guy I think will go up and average 70-80 this year is Sam Reid from the Swans, Shows good signs of kicking bags of goals and big marks, Another one to look out for is Jason Tutt. He could lift his average and do 85+ average if he gets a good amount of games. Overall I think the only ones that I have seen that show big signs of going to Premium status in 2012 are David Swallow, Luke Shuey and Dyson Heppell with Sam Reid and Jason Tutt averaging around 80. Conca and Polec will most likely average around 65-70.