Torpedo10s Helpful Thoughts!

Started by Torpedo10, December 23, 2011, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off Tap

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 26, 2011, 02:30:30 PM
Do you mean best value player from each club between the 200k-280k? If so I'll have a crack.

Yep. Any good DT side will find 2 or 3 of these guys who break out and stay in for the whole year, saving you trades while averaging over 90.

Shiels, Fyfe etc from 2011.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Off Tap on December 26, 2011, 02:27:12 PM
Torps, do you want to have a stab at listing a $200k - $280k player from each club?
I'll have a go at that ;)

Adelaide - Brodie Smith ($261,800) - most would say Porps here, but always massive concerns with his shoulder. Smith should improve his scoring in his second year running off the half back flank.
Brisbane - Joshua Green ($226,500) - plenty of promise in this youngster, just needs to get the games under his belt.
Carlton - Kane Lucas ($206,000) - has struggled with injuries in his career so far, but if he can manage those should do alright.
Collingwood - Brent Macaffer ($263,400) - had a poor 2011, but if he can force himself back in to the team and get back to his 2010 form would be a good pick.
Essendon - Courtenay Dempsey ($244,800) - coming off an injury so risky, but could pay off...
Fremantle - Dylan Robertan ($221,500) - not many to pick from for Freo. Robertan if given the opportunity should increase his scoring output.
Geelong - Nathan Vardy ($234,100) - Geelong need rucks, just needs to get fit.
Gold Coast - Hayden Jolly ($250,000) - so many to choose from, the trick is working out which ones will play the most. I think Jolly will get a good run in the side.
Hawthorn - Ben Stratton ($237,400) - no forwards or mids to pick from so had to choose a defender. This was the best they could offer...
Melbourne - Luke Tapscott ($256,900) - another season under his belt, should get better again.
North Melbourne - Hamish McIntosh ($273,500) - don't really need to explain this one...
Port Adelaide - Brent Renouf ($265,000) - should be given plenty of chances at Port who need a ruckman.
Richmond - Bradley Helbig ($226,000) - as far as I remember was the sub plenty of times, yet still averaged 45. Will score well if not the sub.
St Kilda - Jarryn Geary ($212,700) - not many options for the Saints...
Sydney - Tony Armstrong ($289,700) - technically not in the price range specified, but definitely worth picking
West Coast - Brad Sheppard ($253,700) - training very well in pre season from reports. Should be in for a good year from a high draft player
Western Bulldogs - Brian Lake ($255,200) - why not take the risk. Severely underpriced for what he can produce...

Not going to bother with GWS ;)
Honestly at this price range there really isn't much value at all, and even though I have listed players I would probably prefer to go with a rookie and save the cash...

Torpedo10

Do this on your own subject CF, Don't steal mine.  :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: Miss Pies on December 26, 2011, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 26, 2011, 01:37:00 PM
Well le I'd actually go towards Leuy and Jacobs( Which you don't have there). Jacobs leading ruck at Adelaide and so is Leuy should Dominate. With your second question would go Armstrong and 176k unless you don't have Waters in your team, If you don't I'd go Grimes but would rather have Waters than Grimes.
As far as I can see he does have Leuy
Quote from: elephants on December 26, 2011, 01:13:37 PM
Hey torps,

Which ruck combo would you run with?

McEvoy + Leuenberger
Jacobs + Mumford
McEvoy + Mumford
Or
Jacobs + McEvoy

Leaning toward Leu + McEvoy but currently have Leu and Mumford.
Thanks mate.
Also Armstrong and 176k
Or
Grimes and 136k
Thanks mate

Just saying
He doesn't have both as a pair there.

Miss Pies

Yup lol realized right after I hit post

CrowsFan

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 26, 2011, 03:29:06 PM
Do this on your own subject CF, Don't steal mine.  :P
Haha sorry I was bored :P
By the way I don't even play DT so you shouldn't listen to any advise I give ;)

bomberboy0618

Which horses should I be backing if I need some cash?

nas

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 26, 2011, 04:21:25 PM
Which horses should I be backing if I need some cash?

The ones that goes past the post first!!!

Ziplock

I personally would prefer caddy over jolly for GC cf :P

azza707

yeah caddy is apparently training the house down injury free and looks the goods so far in the pre season

elephants

sorry azza, but you have a source for this? Kinda want to know how he's travelling as i have him in a different competition..?

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 26, 2011, 03:46:55 PM
Quote from: Miss Pies on December 26, 2011, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 26, 2011, 01:37:00 PM
Well le I'd actually go towards Leuy and Jacobs( Which you don't have there). Jacobs leading ruck at Adelaide and so is Leuy should Dominate. With your second question would go Armstrong and 176k unless you don't have Waters in your team, If you don't I'd go Grimes but would rather have Waters than Grimes.
As far as I can see he does have Leuy
Quote from: elephants on December 26, 2011, 01:13:37 PM
Hey torps,

Which ruck combo would you run with?

McEvoy + Leuenberger
Jacobs + Mumford
McEvoy + Mumford
Or
Jacobs + McEvoy

Leaning toward Leu + McEvoy but currently have Leu and Mumford.
Thanks mate.
Also Armstrong and 176k
Or
Grimes and 136k
Thanks mate

Just saying
He doesn't have both as a pair there.
Yeah the problem with Jacobs and Leu is that they share the round 11 bye along with giles so i'd 3/4 rucks out and only stephenson playing so no deal there...

Torpedo10

If that if the case stay with Mummy and leuy. Will both have great seasons.

elephants

Cheers torps. Currently have McEvoy Burger as it's easiest for the byes but McEvoy could become Mumford.

Doyle

My question: is this the best way of racking up the posts? ::)

Torpedo10

It can be a good way of getting posts but it is also a good way to get answers. If you have a question ask. :)