Torpedo10s Helpful Thoughts!

Started by Torpedo10, December 23, 2011, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: PurpleArmy on December 23, 2011, 11:42:38 PM
Rory Sloane?, 3rd year player, beefed up
Sloane will be a gun. I'd pick him up for 2012. Playing in a tean that faces Port, GWS and GC twice.  :o and doesn't play Hawthorn, Carlton or Collingwood twice.  :o

Torpedo10

Quote from: footy4life on December 24, 2011, 01:03:50 AM
Tony Armstrong? thanks in advance :)
Armstrong averaged well in the few games he played in 2011 with the Crows. I think he will get lots of opportunities at the Swans and he will score well.

Off Tap

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 10:38:42 AM
Sorry mate you misunderstood my answer. Start Pendles and then Upgrade another person in round 3. I can understand how you misunderstood but that is my real answer.
That still doesn't make sense. You're going to burn a trade/trades without any of your rookies reaching full price, in the 3rd Round?
Out of curiosity where did you finish DT last year Torpedo?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Off Tap on December 24, 2011, 09:33:00 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 10:38:42 AM
Sorry mate you misunderstood my answer. Start Pendles and then Upgrade another person in round 3. I can understand how you misunderstood but that is my real answer.
That still doesn't make sense. You're going to burn a trade/trades without any of your rookies reaching full price, in the 3rd Round?
Out of curiosity where did you finish DT last year Torpedo?
I would like to know that too Tap. Giving advise such as trade him in in round 3 after only 1 price jump would make me think he didn't finish too highly

Torpedo10

Once i think about it might not be the greatest advice I've given :-\ It was actually my first season of DT last season and only joined because a couple of my friends conviced me too. Finished around the 55k point so not the good but my highest was about 15k in round 14 I think. I still wouldn't start Swan.

Off Tap

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 09:39:57 PM
Once i think about it might not be the greatest advice I've given :-\ It was actually my first season of DT last season and only joined because a couple of my friends conviced me too. Finished around the 55k point so not the good but my highest was about 15k in round 14 I think. I still wouldn't start Swan.
Agree with you there, Swan is a bit pricey and looks good for an upgrade down the track if he has a lean patch. I had Pendles last year from the outset and I might again this year as well.

Torpedo10

Do you have any other questions tap? If you have a question/s just ask.

Off Tap

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 09:45:42 PM

How many GWS rookies are you going to run with this year?

Torpedo10

Quote from: Off Tap on December 24, 2011, 09:52:31 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2011, 09:45:42 PM

How many GWS rookies are you going to run with this year?
They are going to get rotate a fair bit so Buntine and maybe Tomas Bugg for you backs, Mids I'd go Tyson and either another top draft pick from GWS or a Kavanagh or Grigg. If you wanted the DPP go Zorko. In the fwds I might take Tomilson or Greene but more likely to take Kersten.If you would count Giles then I'd definitely start him.  Overall I'd have about 4 GWS rookies in my team.

elephants

Hey torps,

Which ruck combo would you run with?

McEvoy + Leuenberger
Jacobs + Mumford
McEvoy + Mumford
Or
Jacobs + McEvoy

Leaning toward Leu + McEvoy but currently have Leu and Mumford.
Thanks mate.
Also Armstrong and 176k
Or
Grimes and 136k
Thanks mate

Torpedo10

Well le I'd actually go towards Leuy and Jacobs( Which you don't have there). Jacobs leading ruck at Adelaide and so is Leuy should Dominate. With your second question would go Armstrong and 176k unless you don't have Waters in your team, If you don't I'd go Grimes but would rather have Waters than Grimes.

Doyle

If it was your first season of DT last year, starting to give out 'advice' in your 2nd year isn't the smartest of ideas  :-\

Like the saying that you wouldn't start of with Swan or trading him in during round 3...

Just learn a bit more, that's all I'm saying  ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: Doyle on December 26, 2011, 01:41:35 PM

If it was your first season of DT last year, starting to give out 'advice' in your 2nd year isn't the smartest of ideas  :-\

Like the saying that you wouldn't start of with Swan or trading him in during round 3...

Just learn a bit more, that's all I'm saying  ;)
I guess your right but I'm learning alot so anybody can ask me for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion. Have any other "Questions" Doyle?

Off Tap

Torps, do you want to have a stab at listing a $200k - $280k player from each club?

Torpedo10

Do you mean best value player from each club between the 200k-280k? If so I'll have a crack.