Main Menu

Byes Strategy

Started by Ringo, December 23, 2011, 09:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonsOfZeus

i dont think its at all necessary to plan to heavily early on. however obviously dont have to many in one position. upgrading the rookies and planning byes come round 5-10 is going to be the hard part.

BGK

Quote from: 2 on December 31, 2011, 06:33:34 PM
There is a way to avoid the dreaded 0.

In rounds 12 and 13 all you have to do is utilise the new trading system for all three trades each week. It's simple once you have worked it out. Just shuffle and replace as needed.

There is a way. Not sure I want to use it. I'm also not sure your way is the same way as we all know about. Maybe you need to expand on your thoughts and let us in on your little secret.

Miss Pies

Quote from: bestguykai on January 02, 2012, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: 2 on December 31, 2011, 06:33:34 PM
There is a way to avoid the dreaded 0.

In rounds 12 and 13 all you have to do is utilise the new trading system for all three trades each week. It's simple once you have worked it out. Just shuffle and replace as needed.

There is a way. Not sure I want to use it. I'm also not sure your way is the same way as we all know about. Maybe you need to expand on your thoughts and let us in on your little secret.

Unless you use the ruck strat  I really cant see a way, I mean even if you moved around DPP's from positions other than ruck you still need to bring down 2 11's 12's and 13's on the pine from that possie anyway. So what would be the point if the the bench is already full.

But by all means as bestguykai stated ..tell us how it's done we'd all love to know :)

PICCOLLO

If you start with 10-10-10 and make 2 trades to counter r11, then you get 8-11-11, then you make 3 trades to get 11-8-11 then you make three to get 11-11-8.  It means using both ruck sub positions every round obviously and mpp is the only way to acheive that.  Am i missing something?  That is the only way to avoid zeroes

Ziplock

I'm not sure- sounds about right though. I'll try to figure it out when DT/SC open- it's a bit too confusing figuring it using the fp :P

Miss Pies

Quote from: PICCOLLO on January 05, 2012, 03:46:55 PM
If you start with 10-10-10 and make 2 trades to counter r11, then you get 8-11-11, then you make 3 trades to get 11-8-11 then you make three to get 11-11-8.  It means using both ruck sub positions every round obviously and mpp is the only way to acheive that.  Am i missing something?  That is the only way to avoid zeroes
That's the only way I know of too PICCOLLO (my fav DBZ char lol).
I posted the ruck strat in more detail on the DT board.
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45456.0.html

Hoggyz_a_legend

Would you advise against having an 8/11/11 structure going into round 1? I only need to switch two players from round 11 to round 12 and I'm set. I just don't know if I should stick with my current formation or not.

Ringo

Would not set up 8/11/11 structure from Round 1 unless it is the best team you have put together.  No need to leak points in the early rounds because you set up for byes from Round 1.  Still have not got the 8/11/11 structure to work out either.  Doing more experimentations but for it to work you need a Ruck DPP and unfortunately most of these seem to have bye in Round 13. Once I stumble/develop the strategy that works will post here.
So to answer your question I would advise against it unless it suits your team build.

BGK

I'm almost 100% positive that we can't avoid 2 donuts (unless you use the R/F strategy, which i wont touch with a 10 foot pole) during the bye, and that's best case scenario. Tell me the last fantasy season that went to plan.

Colliwobblers

i think it is widely accepted that there will be donuts no matter what the only choice you get is when to eat them. Ringo's plan is right and as mentioned later if you upgrade downgrade prior to the byes as you SHOULD just do so maintaining ringo's structure.

This will minimize the donuts but i think nothing can completely eliminate them. Me I will structure my premiums around the byes take the best rooks and sort it out as i get closer to the bye rounds and as i trade the rooks out and upgrade.

Ringo

Quote from: bestguykai on January 06, 2012, 03:03:21 PM
I'm almost 100% positive that we can't avoid 2 donuts (unless you use the R/F strategy, which i wont touch with a 10 foot pole) during the bye, and that's best case scenario. Tell me the last fantasy season that went to plan.
If you set up with 2/3/4 - 2/3/3 - 2/1/1 - 2/4/3 = 8/11/11 (in the format of R11/R12/R13) structure and suits your team you will only get one donut in Round 13. (You need to sub one from each line in round 12 to Round 11 teams)

BGK

Quote from: Ringo on January 07, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
Quote from: bestguykai on January 06, 2012, 03:03:21 PM
If you set up with 2/3/4 - 2/3/3 - 2/1/1 - 2/4/3 = 8/11/11 (in the format of R11/R12/R13) structure and suits your team you will only get one donut in Round 13. (You need to sub one from each line in round 12 to Round 11 teams)

But you will also get one on round 12.

In round 12 you need to trade 1 from you backs, 1 in mids and 2 in forwards.

In round 13  you need 2 in backs, 1 in mids and 1 in forwards.

Ringo

You are correct as I have just found out by experimentation. If you set up as follows 2/3/4; 2/3/3; 0/2/2; 3/3/3 giving you a 7/11/12 structure. No trades for Round 11. Trade one from each line to Round 11 Teams giving you a structure 3/2/4; 3/2/3; 0/2/2; 4/2/3 = 10/8/12 Both Rucks from Round 13 play and you avoid donut.
Will cop a donut in Round 13 as you can not use DPP as most of the DPP Players have a bye in round 13.

PICCOLLO

Fact is there is only one way to avoid donuts and that's through ruck dpp stratergy!  Even then you must have rucks that can be interchanged between the positions (eg. two fwd/ruc etc)  it is a sound tactic but there may not be two players that fit the bill that will actually be playing!!  Throw in injuries and you're coping serious donuts.  The only viable tactic is to start with 8-11-11 or 8-10-12 and upgrade/downgrade when the opportunites present themselves in that period.  That way you have no donuts for 11 and 12 and cop 2 in 13.  Why is this better than copping one donut in two rounds?  Well, by round 13, your team will be stronger and more able to cope with the donuts without dropping your score too low.

Anyone else saying they have another way to avoid donuts hasn't thought things through.
I'd like to think the organisers would fix this by extending bench because it kinda sucks except for the fact we're in the same boat.  There is going to be a very realistic chance that come the bye rounds, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to avoid a donut.  That said, there is no real point in worrying too much about them as long as you keep in mind 8-11-11 or 8-10-12 when you reach r11

Ringo

You are correct there is absolutely no way with the current rules set up to avoid at least 2 donuts during byes.  As you say it will be good if the organisers recognize this and maybe play an 18 team game for byes rounds but not hopeful.

Beginning to think the best strategy unless rules change is to set team up to how you want it and cop what donuts come during byes rather than weaken team by trading out for the sake of avoiding donut. Any trades done should be to strengthen Team.