My First Team!

Started by Linzo, December 22, 2011, 08:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzo

TEAM NAME: Black Lotus
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, P. Bower (W. Sierakowski, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, C. Judd, T. Cotchin, M. Barlow, J. Winderlich, D. Zorko (H. Crozier, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, I. Maric (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $200

My Upgrades during the year would be -
Backs - Clarke, Bower and maybe Lake
Mids - Windelich(Unique), Zorko
Ruc - Maric
Fwds - Porp & Saad

This would eat up about 16 trades, if I double trade. Any thoughts?

popedelio

Solid Team!
Most people are going to hate that you picked up juddy due to the fact he is only a premo and not a super premo aka GAJ, Boyd etc. Though there is nothing wrong with it, he will just become your 5/6 midfielder.

I'm not really much of fan of marty clarke because of job security. I'm not really sure where he fits into collingwods best 30 even. Lake is always a risk because of age, though it is quite possible he can average 75+ and bring in some cash.

The rest of the team is fine though personally i prefer more money left in the till, somewher between $100k-$150k is handy

Phasir

There's not really anything specifically wrong with this team, because it is a pretty decent team, only problem I see is the average age of your players..
Carrazzo, Lake, Judd, Sandilands, Johnson, Goodes, Pavlich, Brown, Porplyzia.. all are getting on in their careers & have no upside, but if you're a fan of these specific players then nice job, if you're going for a very technical team based around upside/age then you'd want to lose 4-5 of these guys just for value/money.
but if you're planning on upgrading them later in the year to super-premos then fair enough, otherwise watch out for falling prices.. other than that, nice team

Ziplock

I would be losing Judd, carrazzo and porps (due to his 200k price tag), almost certainly. Judd isn't a DTer, and I can't see that changing, while carrazzos best DTing stats yo-yo from year to year- he's not exactly young any more, honestly if I had to pick an average for him this year I would punt on 83. Johnson is certainly overpriced, and you'll be able to pick him up cheaper as the season goes on and he bottoms out- same with goodes who historically finishes seasons harder than he starts them.

I think Phasirs general analysis is a bit one-dimensional however. There's clear upside in an underpriced sandilands, and brown, if nobody else.

lake... is an interesting choice. I have no idea how it'll pan out- I hope it'll work for you, I'd probably consider him myself but he's just not slipping into my structure at the moment.

Dropping porps to a rookie would be my first plan of action, then upgrading Judd to a higher scorer- Pendles if you want to go high class, Ablett for a little discount, or Selwood for a lot cheaper.

I would be more concerned of Bower's JS than Clarkes. Bower only just managed to stay on the blues list, while collingwood went out of their way to trade Clarke back onto theirs.

However, your forward line is a little aging. There's quite a few young dpp midpriced prospects shooting up for the forward line (Martin, Sidebottom, Robinson etc.), I'd consider dropping stevie J to one of them to free up a little cash here and there, so you can get someone who has a bit more potentional than carrazzo. 

I quite like the pick of cotchin in your midfield.

Phasir

I personally have Brown in my team & believe he will improve from vastly from last year, steering clear of Sandilands though, he's a big guy who's occupation's wearing him down.. he's had hot spots & joint problems for the last few years, pretty doubtful he'll get back to his dominant 100's.

Linzo

TEAM NAME: Maximo123
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, P. Bower (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, D. Shiel (H. Crozier, J. McDonald)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, M. Hurley, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $5,900

A few changes....any thoughts?

PowerMan

Quote from: Linzo on December 26, 2011, 10:10:01 PM
TEAM NAME: Maximo123
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, P. Bower (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, D. Shiel (H. Crozier, J. McDonald)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, M. Hurley, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $5,900

A few changes....any thoughts?

Probably wouldn't have Grimes & Lake both in the same team, that is super risky.
M Murphy is a much better option than Juddy. Likewise Lenny hayes over Winderlich.
I'd probably say no to Hurley as well, he'll be more of a SC player this season

trjd81

I would lose Hurley, Bower, Porps and one of Barlow/Hayes.  Downgrade 2 and upgrade 2.  Maybe downgrade Hayes and Porps to rookies and upgrade Bower and Hurley to Scotland and J. Brown?  Scotland has played all games 2 years in a row, so with Grimes and Lake, you have some stability.  J. Brown is killing it on the track at the moment.  Like the selection of Martin - he should average near 100 this year - possibly be the Nat Fyfe of 2012...

Overall about 6.5/10

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Linzo on December 22, 2011, 08:11:27 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, P. Bower (W. Sierakowski, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, C. Judd, T. Cotchin, M. Barlow, J. Winderlich, D. Zorko (H. Crozier, T. Mitchell)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $200

My Upgrades during the year would be -
Backs - Clarke, Bower and maybe Lake
Mids - Windelich(Unique), Zorko
Ruc - Maric
Fwds - Porp & Saad

This would eat up about 16 trades, if I double trade. Any thoughts?

I am not sure clarke will get a run in the pies starting side?
carrazo is he the best choice at premium money?
would love to see grimey do well at the price but watch him through nab cup and keep reading before you lock him
same with lake awesome value but huge risk or is he ?
i dont think judd is a popular choice better in SC than DT but who knows.
cotchin another unique pick not for me tho, martin maybe? or anyone
barlow is a lock, but winderlich is another stroke of genius or disaster watch him closely before you lock
cant much fault your fwd line except maybe goodes is a slow starter? how is sydneys draw i'd check that.
ruck maybe a little weak, but i think a lot of us will scimp on it with such great rooks to cash up and upgrade in a short amount of time...

Ziplock

I think clarke will. He played for collingwood before, and only stopped for personal reasons, to return home. Then collingwood went out of their way to pick him up again, and trade him from GWS. Sounds to me like they want him bad.

Linzo

DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, P. Bower (W. Sierakowski, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, M. Barlow, J. Winderlich, J. McDonald (H. Crozier, T. Mitchell)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $17,400

Tweaked a little bit.....do my Rookies look kinda ok?

Colliwobblers

saad, zorko, giles, stephensen, smedts, clarke, mcdonald - I have al them and they seem to be very popular, not sure on our others.

A lot of guys are getting on Docherty, a little dearer but DPP. Tmitchel from Syd and Spurr from FREO I hear a lot of guys talking up also.

Really until they go through nab cup and become "must have rooks" we wont know who we going to line up on the pine for sure

Phasir

doubt Spurr will get games this season unless he blows the NAB apart

Linzo

DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, M. Clarke, W. Sierakowski, B. Smedts (J. Lockyer, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, D. Pfeiffer, D. Shiel (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, B. Harvey, A. Saad, D. Zorko, T. Dickson (M. Panos, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $124,300

Guns n Rookies.....what do you think? Pfeiffer has C/F amd Brown C/B for flexibility....

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Linzo on January 05, 2012, 11:23:09 PM
DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, M. Clarke, W. Sierakowski, B. Smedts (J. Lockyer, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, D. Pfeiffer, D. Shiel (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, B. Harvey, A. Saad, D. Zorko, T. Dickson (M. Panos, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $124,300
Guns n Rookies.....what do you think? Pfeiffer has C/F amd Brown C/B for flexibility....

DEF: strong def, you have 3 premiums on the same bye tho which means a donut.
MID: strong well done, pfieffer needs to be promoted off the rookie list so maybe go another there.
RUCK: solid
FWD: solid but i dont rate harvey for DT or SC so maybe look at sidebottom or zaka or definately MARTIN

goos strong well balanced side, watch your rooks and all rooks through nab cup, dont worry too much about dpp just plan a little for the byes and have the best premiems and rooks you can have,

good luck and god work on the team