My First Team!

Started by Linzo, December 21, 2011, 08:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzo

Thanks heaps for your input Cdonny....a few risks but I'm trying to make it as balanced as possible this year....had shocking backs and weak mid to start last year and it put me behind very quickly! Hope Sandi can get it down to Barlow a lot....Hayes a risk that could pay off......Swan or Ablett.....not sure.....looking forward to 2012!

Linzo

Tweaked a little bit.....just wanted set and forget rucks....

TEAM NAME: Maximo123
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, P. Bower (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, T. Cotchin, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, D. Shiel (H. Crozier, J. McDonald)
RUC: S. Mumford, A. Sandilands (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $38,400

Any thoughts?

ronl

Yes, I'd be wary of Chappy.  Thought he definately was pacing himself last year and only giving 100% in the big matches.

Ringo

This is just personal but I would not be taking a risk on both Grimes and Lake coming back from long injury lay offs, I would only take one and in fact currently have Lake in my Planning team.
Watch rookies and lower priced players in pre season especially Bower to see how being used.

As you wish to set and forget Rucks you may have to re think as Sandi, Mummy and Stephenson all have the bye in Round 12.  You may wish to look at Berger, Cox who have byes in Round 11 or McEvoy who has bye in round 13 as replacement for either Sandi or Mummy.

Linzo

Thanks for that, here's a revised...any thoughts?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, P. Bower (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, D. Shiel (H. Crozier, J. McDonald)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, M. Hurley, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $5,900

Linzo

Tried Shaun Burgoyne in backline....thought Lake & Grimes too injury prone

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Burgoyne, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, P. Bower, S. Docherty (S. Morris, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, T. Cotchin, L. Hayes, D. Shiel (T. Mitchell, J. McDonald)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, M. Hurley, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $6,900

What do you think? Will the byes affect my team in any way?

lozza63

Hey Linz.

Backs - like the inclusion of Burgoyne, i have him in my plan team, although Buntine at D4 seems too light on?

Mids - Cotch and Hayes - just doubt they'll be top 15 mids this year? I'd probs go with one and spread the cash elsewhere, no need to stack the mids.

Rucks - nice and solid (the Giles/Stepho combo looks a must have).

Forwards - Hurley seems bold, but hey why not? Gee Porps, if there is someone who is more injury prone than him? Just too risky at 229k - guess i'll have to watch his pre-season, maybe he'll be fine?

I havent really sat down to think about the byes too much - i think that you go with the best possible side as in the end they all play 22 games maximum.

Linzo

Hey thanks Loz for your feedback!

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Burgoyne, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, P. Bower, S. Docherty (S. Morris, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, T. Cotchin, L. Hayes, D. Shiel (T. Mitchell, J. McDonald)
RUC: S. Mumford, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $20,900

Just playing around a bit......I kinda of recall last year that the person coming first after round one had a very stacked midfield....so I'm trying to head that way at the moment......

Ringo

Just be careful with this strategy that you do not weaken other lines too much am concerned with defence with Burgoyne at D3 leaving you a little weak. Defence is your weak area at the moment and why I only give 8.5/10

I have been playing around as well as I want to have a strong mid and this is where my team sits at the moment.
Structured as 8/11/11/ for byes as well Zorko and Brown in mids give me the 2 DPP links to assist as well with byes etc.
Please feel free to comment on this team as well.
TEAM NAME: Circles Underdogs
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, B. Lake, B. Ellis, B. Smedts (S. Morris, J. Allen)
MID: J. Selwood, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Bolton, M. Barlow, J. McDonald(D. Zorko, L. Brown  )
RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, J. Brown, A. Christensen, J. Moore, M. Panos, A. Saad (D. Pfeiffer, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $28,000

Linzo

Thanks Ringo......I've gone 8/10/12....looking to target round 12 and 13 for final upgrades

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Burgoyne, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, C. Wingard, A. Morabito (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, I. Maric (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, P. Chapman, D. Zaharakis, J. Porplyzia, D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $99,600

This is the strongest starting team with Byes in mind......what do you think? Any individual players here that could be a bit dodgy?

Ringo

Reasonably strong team.

Do you wish to take advantage of Dual Position Players.  I know we can use the trade room but also we can use as in previous years to move to meet needs,  Your Team has strong DPP in both Defence and Forwards but no link to mids.
My strategy and you can tear to shreds if you like is to select the best performed DPP Rookies in the pre season and have on my bench in mids Currently Zorko C/F and Brown C/B.   This will then allow me the flexibility of movement to mids if needed of prem forward/defenders and save trades.

Looking at what I perceive are areas of weakness is Maric as second ruck but you have cover in Giles in Stehenson if goes wrong.

I also have a minor concern with both Grimes and lake coming back from injury watch both in pre season.

Also personal but I now target Goodes as an upgrade target after Round 10 as he traditionally starts slowly but comes home with a wet sail  eg last year averaged 95 SC points for first 11 games but 126 SC points for last 11. But in saying that can not argue with 95 points from round 1.

Linzo

Thanks Ringo

Your team does look great. Even though people are doubtful on Jude Bolton, I think he's a good unique.

Yes I may have to look at DPP bench rookies. Heppell did me well last year and I need to learn to save more trades!

The Byes are doing my head in! I'm trying to get the strongest starting team possible, keeping in mind the donuts and also a strong midfield!

Maric and Lake are bugging me, but they are priced so well! Will have to wait and see....

Ringo

Bear in mind you do not need to set up teams for bye from Round 1.  Just have it set prior to byes. Still playing round with my teams like all of us and regardless of desired structure will be putting out the strongest team I can from Round 1 and then trading rookies as required to achieve my desired bye structure,

Footyrulz

Quote from: Linzo on January 02, 2012, 09:29:07 PM
Thanks Ringo......I've gone 8/10/12....looking to target round 12 and 13 for final upgrades

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Burgoyne, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, C. Wingard, A. Morabito (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, I. Maric (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, P. Chapman, D. Zaharakis, J. Porplyzia, D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $99,600

This is the strongest starting team with Byes in mind......what do you think? Any individual players here that could be a bit dodgy?
defence is a bit weak. Mabye downgrade 1 of grimes, lake, burgoyne, buntine and clarke and upgrade another
Mids and foward are good but a bitworried about maric.

Linzo

Guns & Rookies here we go!

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Scotland, H. Shaw, G. Johncock, M. Buntine, B. Ellis, B. Smedts (J. Lockyer, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, S. Thompson, D. Shiel, D. Zorko (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
RUC: B. McEvoy, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, P. Chapman, B. Harvey, D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad, S. Clifton (M. Panos, S. Rowe)

Any thoughts? Adelaide players picked for favourable draw....