My Team!!! a comment would be nice

Started by R.Griffen, December 21, 2011, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

TEAM NAME: Superstars
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, J. Grimes, S. Burgoyne, B. Lake, D. Connors, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, A. Morabito (C. Wingard, L. Sumner)
RUC: B. Renouf, H. McIntosh (T. Derickx, J. Giles)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, C. Rioli, J.Carlsile*, J. Porplyzia A.Tomlinson (S. Day, S. Gumbleton)
Cash left $115,200
* Jake Carlsile only DEF so far but hoping he is FWD and DEF

Fyfe_gun

There are way too many unique picks which leads to too many risks. Can you explain to me why you have Shaun Burgoyne, B.Lake, B.Renouf and Rioli when no-one else does?? And why you don't have players like Deledio, Stephenson ect.

You don't have to be unique to be succesful at DT. It doesn't matter if you start with the same team as others because what decides the winner is the risks you take during the year.

Also i belive you only have 6 FWDs which could alter your score

rebird

You need at least 13 keepers that will play every game, at this stage. So you are taking gambles on Grimes, Hayes, Renouf and Rioli all of whom have past injury clouds over them.

Ideally, all your bench players need to be Rookie priced. Therefore Docherty, Wingard and Day are being ‘wasted’. At this stage Rookies are a bit fluid, until after the NAB Cup, consider Sierakowski/Wilkes/Bugg/Talia/Mohr/Hombsch, Sheil/Mitchell/Miles/Zorko and Zorko/Cameron/Saad.

If you downsize those three bench players you will probably have enough to upgrade one or two of your keepers.

R.Griffen

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B.Lake, H. Shaw, J. Grimes, D. Connors, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, B.Smedts )
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (L. Sumner, A. Morabito)
RUC: H. McIntosh, B. Renouf (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
FWD: C. Rioli, J. Porplyzia, M. Pavlich, A. Tomlinson, S. Johnson, L. Franklin, J.Carlslie (S. Gumbleton, S. Day)
CASH LEFT: $17,900

Thinking of Down grading Gummy to Haynes Sam Day to ????? L.Sumner to Mitchell

I have Renouf becuase he is now a number 1 ruckman

Jukes

Def: Few too many mid-pricers imo, if you're going mid-price defence you MUST have Waters.
Mid: Good guns and rookies, but is lacking very important B/C and C/F DPP links which are NECESSARY.
Ruc: I'd dump Renouf for a rookie like Jenkins/Redden then upgrade McIntosh to a gun.
For: Porp is a waste of $$$ at 200k, Rioli unique but nice, Carlisle and Gumbles a risk, and imo Gumbles at 165k is too expensive for a bench spot.

Rate mine: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45276.0.html

Fyfe_gun

renouf isn't no.1 Lobbe is and Renouf knows that

R.Griffen

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 21, 2011, 11:24:46 PM
renouf isn't no.1 Lobbe is and Renouf knows that

I went back and changed my team a bit have done no upgrades yet
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, J. Grimes, S. Burgoyne, B. Lake, D. Connors, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (A. Morabito, D. Zorko)
RUC: H. McIntosh, B. Renouf (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, C. Rioli, J.Carlsile, J. Porplyzia, T. Walsh (M. Panos, B. Ah Chee)
CASH LEFT: $250,500

R.Griffen

DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Waters, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (A. Treloar, S. Kerridge)
RUC: H. McIntosh, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, A. Saad, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, M. Panos)
CASH LEFT: $2,300

Please tell me how my team is looking

maanco

looks pretty good
Very cheep rucks.
Im not sure that Coniglio and wingard are worth the coin but they could be worth it.

what do you think of my team http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44864.0.html??

Eagle

worried about your rucks, can see you losing at around 100points some weeks to the more experienced combos. agree with maanco,
Quote from: maanco on January 17, 2012, 02:47:01 PM
Im not sure that Coniglio and wingard are worth the coin but they could be worth it.

save some cash getting others like shiel and upgrade your rucks is my opinion, also cheaper backs than buntine (morris?) couls also save you cash. not sure how much improement we'll see in heppell though..

premiums all round are good choices although definitely avoiding carrazzo after being burnt whenver ratten felt like tagging someone with him!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 17, 2012, 02:01:49 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Waters, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (A. Treloar, S. Kerridge)
RUC: H. McIntosh, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, A. Saad, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, M. Panos)
CASH LEFT: $2,300
Please tell me how my team is looking

Hi R.Griffen some comments as requested on your team,

DEF: Very Strong - downgrade buntine to Mohr and save yourself $70K Mohr is a great pick you will see in nab cup.
MID: Great 4/4 setup great premiums barlow is a must, kerrige im not sold on and coniglio and wingard must look super impressive in nab cup to justify the money you spend extra on them, again there is the opportunity between the two to save another $70K here, options would be, shiel (a must) mcdonald, clifton, mitchell, so many more.
RUCK: suicidal - i am not sure how many extra points you will score elsewhere on the ground due to having stronger lines due to the savings in the ruck but i predict you will lose to other teams with 2 premium /2 rook rucks on average 50 points every round in the ruck! not a fan of the rookie ruck setup but hey it could work out for you, one thing is for sure you wont be the only one doing it.
FWD: Very strong again. too strong :) no idea who panos is.

In summary I would downgrade the 3 expensive rooks use that cash , downgrade waters and or goodes (makes a good upgrade target) to rooks, and use all that money to get you either 2 premium rucks or at least 1 premium ruck and HMac who isnt a bad call.

Otherwise great side. Great premiums picked and good structure apart from my "personal" fear of the ruck setup. Good luck.

R.Griffen

who is a cheap FWD that I dont have???? (for Saad)

R.Griffen

DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, H. Shaw, D. Heppell, M. Docherty, T. Mohr, S. Morris (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, D. Pfieffer (A. Treloar, A. Miles)
RUC: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands ( J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, D. Zorko, M. Panos (S. Rowe, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $45,300

My updated team how does it look

boschie12

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 18, 2012, 02:33:27 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, H. Shaw, D. Heppell, M. Docherty, T. Mohr, S. Morris (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, D. Pfieffer (A. Treloar, A. Miles)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, D. Zorko, M. Panos (S. Rowe, T. Walsh)

Looks a lot better now with aleast 1 premium ruck, just got to get ur rookies right at the start of the season,

Scrads

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 18, 2012, 02:33:27 PM

Backs: Carrazzo a good unique, the rest are good but i think including Deledio would be beneficial.

Mids: cant fault at all,it goes without saying that you need to monitor the rooks through the NAB and round 1 selection

Rucks: Sandi is a semi-risk this year but could pay off well, same with Hmac

Forwards: Pretty good, id be wary about Fyfe because of an interruapted preseason, and i think SJ is almost certain to dip a fair amount sometime during the year so maybe a better upgrade target.

Overall 8.5/10