Rate my Team

Started by LachbobFistyboy, December 21, 2011, 12:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LachbobFistyboy

DEF: Goddard. B, Deledio. B, Birchall. G, Glass. D, Tarrant. C, Stratton. B, Tomlinson. A Ellis. B, Lockyer. J
MID: Pendlebury. S, Mitchell. S, Gibbs. B, Christensen. A, Melksham. J, Gaff. A Smith. C, Kavanagh. E
RUC: Leunberger. M, Jolly. D Rowe. S, Stephensen. O
FWD: Franklin. L, Fyfe. N, Rioli. C, Siposs. A, Porplyzia. J, Dixon. C, Folau. I Dick. B, Frank. A
Rem. Salary Cap - $23,400

Feel free to offer suggestions as I'm open to any opinions you've got.

Luigi197

I wont be able to comment on the rookies, as i haven't done enough research, but i'll do my best for the rest.

Risky and iffy back line, and could go all wrong if not careful. Glass is not the best SC scorer, while Tarrant isn't great at all. Since youve got Birchal, i advice downgrading Stratton to help with finances.
Melksham and Gaff i think would be better off replaced with some of those star rookies.
I just traded out Jolly, however he could do OK. definitely watch his pre-season, otherwise their's West.
Siposs and Falou i am not sold on either, as they dont bring a whole lot of SC points. watch their pre-seasons.
And you would be better off a star rookie instead of Dick.

6.75/10 :)

LachbobFistyboy

Thanks Luigi, I've made some slight modifications based on suggestions, as well as looking into some of the rookies (admittedly however there is still quite a bit of risk with the four Giants players) and of course given the fact that there is still so long until the season starts I'm not doubt going to change it over and over again.
DEF: Goddard.B, Deledio. B, Birchall. G, Duigan. N, Tapscott. L, Clarke. M, Tomlinson. A Ellis.B, Lockyer. J
MID: Pendlebury. S, Mitchell. S, Gibbs. B, McGlynn. B, Christensen. A, Coniglio. S Smith. C, Kavanagh. E
RUC: Leuenberger. M, West. T Stephensen. O, Rowe. S
FWD: Franklin. L, Rioli. C, Brown. J, Garlett. J, Gunston. J, Porplyzia. J, Patton. J Kennedy. A, Frank. A

Remaining Salary Cap: $19,800

LachbobFistyboy

Although Patton is out until May so I'll be starting A. Frank and leaving Patton in the reserves

Torpedo10

I woudn't even pick Patton now, Not that I was going to pick him :P.

cdonny

No go with Patton, in a few years he will be a monster - but no first year KPP takes the world alight! Teamed with his injury, much better options to free up cash... maybe upgrade Garlett?

Rioli is an interesting one, I had him all year - sometimes I loved the dude, sometimes his dodgey body broke my heart. Be warned, is made out of paper.

At a guess, do you go for Carlton? the interesting picks in Duigan, Garlett and even Gibbs (not DPP anymore) make me think this... probs better options than all 3.

Glass and Tarrant are risky also... I'd pick Robbie Tarrant over his brother.. and he isn't even a sure thing to get a game. MUCH better options.

Ringo

Backs Pretty Standard 
Mids Not sure on Gibbs as mid only for SC this year maybe look at Murphy or other similarly priced prems instead
Rucks Bit of a risk here with both Stephenson and West Possibly look at Giles as an option.
Forwards as has been said dice Patton from the start due to injury and look at other options and use Patton as a forward downgrade target when he commences playing.  Maybe Zorko but watch pre season for rookies form. Agree with what has been said on Garlett but it may pay off.

Overall probably 7.5/10

LachbobFistyboy

Thanks for everyone's opinions and suggestions they've been great help. I'll keep updating here as I make changes to my team so feel free to offer advice or feedback.

cdonny I don't go for Carlton, I'm a hawthorn supporter but I see where you were coming from, I do agree that both Duigan and Gibbs are interesting however I'm just hoping they pay off - I'll make my decisions once I see them play some more in the NAB Cup.

I've only made slight changes today, mainly in the forward line - the rest of my team remains untouched ... yet.
My forward line is now: Franklin. L, Rioli. C, Milne.S, Brown. J, Darling. J, Porplyzia. J, Smith. D (Kennedy. A, Frank. A)

SAMCRO

Quote from: LachbobFistyboy on December 23, 2011, 08:08:12 PM
I'm a hawthorn supporter

Me too, but I think you've got too many... Have you thought about the byes at all?

LachbobFistyboy

Looking through my team for the first time since before Christmas break - I agree with SAMCRO that perhaps I have to many Hawthorn players and that I will be in a bit of trouble come the Hawks bye rounds. Just having a quick look today I thought of a possible replacement for a Hawk player but I'm not 100% sold on it.
I could trade out Cyril Rioli ($540,100) for Collingwood forward Travis Cloke ($529,800) which will free me up $10,300 to possibly upgrade other less than key forwards.
My only problem with this is that Cyril can bring in huge Supercoach scores, and other weeks can perform less than stellar, however the same can be said about Cloke who can fire one week, and be extremely inaccurate the next.
Any advice about this decision would help me greatly ... Rioli v Cloke?

LachbobFistyboy

Or perhaps even Rioli ($540,800) for Jack Riewoldt ($441,600) which would free up $99200...

Damoz Merry Men

Keep in mind Patton isn't going to be playing Round 1. Rioli is a risk, I would recommend upgrading to him from a Rookie closer to Finals, as it's when he plays BEST. Don't waste your money on Dick. Seek alternatives, such as J. Brown (if you got the cash)

LachbobFistyboy

No drastic changes have been made to my team since last post but I thought I'd resubmit my team to hopefully get a fresh point of view and a new set of opinions as I have really taken on board the brilliant advice previously offered. Naturally this team will alter still as NAB Cup starts and I get a chance to see how to rookies play in contrast to other potential players - but as of now my team is:

DEF: Goddard.B, Deledio. B, Birchall. G, Duigan. N, Tapscott. L, Clarke. M, Tomlinson. A (Ellis.B, Lockyer. J)

MID: Pendlebury. S, Mitchell. S, Gibbs. B, McGlynn. B, Christensen. A, Coniglio. S (Smith. C, Kavanagh. E)

RUC: Leuenberger. M, West. T (Stephensen. O, Rowe. S)

FWD: Franklin. L, Cloke. T, Milne. S, Brown. J, Darling. J, Porplyzia. J, Smith. D (Kennedy. A, Frank. A)

Salary Remaining: $11,400

PICCOLLO

You've got alot of 2nd year/ midpriced players in there.  What are you hoping to get from them?  Unless you see significant improvement eg. 10-15 sc points above their current avg then it is probably best not to pick them.  Milne, duigan, darling and tapscott need to go.  The rest is good ( I like birchall selection).  Gibbs probably not a good idea, now he is against the midfield heavyweights.

hibach

duigan has recently undergone minor surgery to remove loose cartilage from his knee

scrap him