Updated Team Titanz

Started by Phasir, December 20, 2011, 05:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasir

Titanz Competition: Dream Team, coached by Phasir. Salary cap left: $205,300.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Hamish Hartlett, Jack Grimes, Tim Mohr, Kyal Horsely
Luke Brown, Thomas Bugg

Scott Pendlebury, Tom Rockliff, Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Dustin Martin, Dylan Shiel
Tom Mitchell, Shaun Edwards

Shane Mumford, Nic Naitanui
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Steele Sidebottom, Jason Porplyzia, Dayne Zorko
Tommy Walsh, Billie Smedts

Just wondering what other people think of my team.. not the most analytical team ever but I do like all these players & think that this team will score pretty decent numbers. :)

GABBAS

Try using the new updated fan planner I have a feeling that you used the "old" prices. Quite challenging I think u might find :P

Phasir

....back to the drawing board  :-\

Nails

Quote from: Phasir on December 20, 2011, 06:12:50 PM

That's why I waited for the official team picker... Too much work only to find you need to make 800K cap space

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45333.0.html - you can find the team I made there, I think you'll see players cost quite a bit more than in your original plans.

Phasir

Quote from: Nails on December 20, 2011, 06:15:49 PM
Quote from: Phasir on December 20, 2011, 06:12:50 PM

That's why I waited for the official team picker... Too much work only to find you need to make 800K cap space

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45333.0.html - you can find the team I made there, I think you'll see players cost quite a bit more than in your original plans.

Okay, remade the team with new prices :)

TitanzCompetition: Dream Team, Coached by Phasir. Salary cap left: $52,400.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Jack Grimes, Phil Davis, Marty Clarke, Tim Mohr
Billie Smedts, Luke Brown

Scott Pendlebury, Joel Selwood, David Mundy, Michael Barlow, Kyal Horsely, Adam Treloar
Dylan Shiel, Tom Mitchell

Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Ahmed Saad
Tommy Walsh, Dayne Zorko

theflyinghawk

Defense looks solid but phil davis is not for me i think there are better options out there for his price range.
Nice midfield mundy nice unique who could average 100 this year.
Same ruck setup as i have atm and i think its the best value this year
stacked forward line and i think this is where your defense is being caught a bit short, i would maybe go sidebottom to brown and then see if you can get davis up to waters.

Hope this helps

valkorum

I dont like the 1 premium and 3 rookie rucks.  I am a huge fan of 2 premium rucks as they will play all year (unless they get injured) where as a rookie ruck will most likely not play all year.  Its hard work bashing against the big bodies of Sandi, Mummy, Goldstein, Cox, McEvoy etc etc and they will be rested. 

I hear you cry "ZAC SMITH PLAYED 20 GAMES IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR"

Yes, he also only averaged 70 points for the season and only got 100+ 3 times (103, 106, 107).  A premium will average 90 which is 440 valuable points across 22 games.

rebird

Quote from: valkorum on December 22, 2011, 12:40:34 PM
I dont like the 1 premium and 3 rookie rucks.  I am a huge fan of 2 premium rucks as they will play all year (unless they get injured) where as a rookie ruck will most likely not play all year.  Its hard work bashing against the big bodies of Sandi, Mummy, Goldstein, Cox, McEvoy etc etc and they will be rested. 

I hear you cry "ZAC SMITH PLAYED 20 GAMES IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR"

Yes, he also only averaged 70 points for the season and only got 100+ 3 times (103, 106, 107).  A premium will average 90 which is 440 valuable points across 22 games.

1. Giles is older than Z Smith and has already had 1 year with GWS.
2. If he can even average 60 points the $200,000 you saved (which would have gotten you say Bellchambers) can be 're-invested' for a return of  an additional 40 points, so you're at least 10 points in front according to your calculations.

This is a rare opportunity to implement the 'bargain ruck' strategy, with both Giles and Stephenson looking likely starters.

Hippo

^ yeah i agree with this 100% and obv is my train of thought.

Imagine you have Giles and O avg 80 for the yr as starting ruckman and your playing one of them each week - with a 5th Prem mid that no one has.... you will easily make up for the dif.

I dont get the set and forget ruckman! whats the dif with upgrading a ruckman compared too a BACK/MID/FWD.

i go into each yr with no rules other than the Higgins rule (but this is a new rule for after the last 2 yrs)

What i like to do is find the value and where it lays. Last yr it was the back rookies and i had 3 starting, lucky this turned out to be the case.

Next yr it is the rucks. The value positions change every yr so by having a Ruck rule on yourself you are potentially blinding yourself from value... which = Cash, and generating cash is how you win this thing

Phasir

TEAM NAME: Titanz
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, T. Mohr, B. Smedts (S. Morris, L. Brown)
MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, B. Gibbs, M. Barlow, K. Horsely, D. Zorko (D. Shiel, K. Stevens)
RUC: S. Mumford, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, S. Clifton (T. Walsh, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $19,600

New team, still have the bargain rucks but Hmac so not going with the bargain rucks anymore since at his price Hmac was too hard to resist :P