Hawthorn Structure

Started by Jalapeno, December 19, 2011, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalapeno

What are peoples thoughts on jumping on a mainly hawks defense? eg.. Birchell suckling ect.. Will they play high possesion footy again this year? Any idea 

bowyanger

I think they will continue with their game plan

Theres no sense making a big change now and you will see many teams follow this style of play.

Precision ball use from the back until it reaches the wing to make a quick attack much like soccer...I hate it...its heart in the mouth to watch, frustrating and degenerative to our great game...with Franks, Roughy, Hale and the sizzle to pick up the crumbs...why wouldnt they bomb it in long?....3 kicks....put the backline under pressure...much better to watch.....

but no

No doubt I will be tearing my hair out and asking for Clarkos head again next season...Hawks look sooo much better playing direct instead of this sideways crap...but......they do the sideways crap ok.

Birchall hardly ever kicks over 30m...when he kicks it further Hawthorn look so much better...Burgoyne  has precision footskills, Hodge can kick it 60m no more than 1m above the turf with pin point accuracy.
Gibson and even dare I say it...Murphy....have an ok DE.

Hawthorn have the skills to pursue this crap style of play from the back line, they will fine tune it & get better at DE

God I hope Im wrong

ronl

I guess we'll see in the NAB Cup whether the Hawks will loosen up their game plan this year.  If so, there'll be plenty of time to make allowances, won't there?  If they do go more direct next year you can remove Suckling, Burchall and Mitchell from calculations, I'd say.  You would think their possession count would drop markedlly.