GWS Rookies

Started by Tom_16, December 19, 2011, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_16

Hey guys i know its very very early to be talking about rookies but i'm wondering how many GWS rookies we should have in our teams next year. Will sheedy be more or less likely to change his team around week to week than Mckenna was last year? Should we limit the number of GWS rookies in our teams and if so how many? (I currently have 5 in my Fanplanner team) Thanks guys feedback would be most appreciated.

Up to 6 rookies i reckon.
I think you will find the young players will be rotated by sheeds.
What GWS rookies do you currently have in your side ?

Matty411

The only ones I'm currently truly considering are Giles, Shiel, Miles, Reid (if was listed as a Defender) and Mohr.

Also, Clifton, Bugg and Buntine may go okay. But with so many seasoned players hanging around (Ward, Scully, Power, Brogan, O'hAlpin etc) the young blokes will be rotated a LOT in the first year, which makes it hard to lock any in apart from the obvious ones...

oc16

i think 5 is a good number, but probably better to have 1 or 2 more. U should have about 2 in ur backline including the non starters, as well as 2 or 3 in ur mids, 1 in ur rucks (Jonathan Giles), and 1 or maybe 2 in ur forwards. it does depend on the structure of ur team though, and how u plan to make it work

Tom_16

@4820 the GWS rookies currently in my team and Buntine, Mohr, Miles, Giles and Patton. I am considering putting Hoskin-Elliot in my mids for some DPP but i dont want too many GWS rookies. 5-6 GWS rookies seems about my limit as i agree with matty411 that they may be rotated a lot.

Jukes

I have Patton, Giles, Shiel, Cameron, Bugg and Buntine at the moment, also looked at having Miles and Mohr.

Hippo

Quote from: Jukes on December 19, 2011, 02:45:14 PM
I have Patton, Giles, Shiel, Cameron, Bugg and Buntine at the moment, also looked at having Miles and Mohr.
you will set yourself up to be burnt with 8 GWS rookies

i wouldn't even have 6

demon_spud

I currently have Mohr and Giles.  I don't consider these as Rookies, since they have been playing league games and aren't 17 year olds

I don't think I will even take any of the ones from the draft considering you can get better mature agers at lower prices.  Last year Swallow and Smith were worth the extra costs, this year I don't think so.  Patton as a FWD you will most likely only get 100k out of him.

Perhaps I will look at Shiels depending on his form in NAB as well as his likelihood of getting enough games before their bye to trade out.

I learnt my lesson last year by having too many GCS that didn't perform; Coad, Matera, and Dixon with Stanley and Harris being mature ages being better deals at lower prices.

Matty411

agree with you there demon...

I'll most likely settle with Mohr, Giles, Shiel and maybe another 1 of Reid/Miles/Clifton/Treloar - 4 is a good number...

with the rotations I think 1. some of them won't make that much cash and 2. it will take some ages to make enough to trade up e.g. dion prestia - eventually did quite well but missed massive chunks of season and frustrated the hell out of his owners.

Tom_16

Yeah good point demon_spud i might drop patton in the fwd line as 164k (according to the fanplanner) is a lot of money for a rookie forward. Who would you replace him with in the fwds though? my other rookies are Saad (dont know much about him, Tommy walsh, zorko is in my mids and porplyzia (even though he isn't a rookie he is priced as one).

Holz

Quote from: Matty411 on December 19, 2011, 01:13:47 PM
The only ones I'm currently truly considering are Giles, Shiel, Miles, Reid (if was listed as a Defender) and Mohr.

Also, Clifton, Bugg and Buntine may go okay. But with so many seasoned players hanging around (Ward, Scully, Power, Brogan, O'hAlpin etc) the young blokes will be rotated a LOT in the first year, which makes it hard to lock any in apart from the obvious ones...

im thinking the same Giles, Shiel, Reid and Miles/Clifton/Tyson

demon_spud

I'm currently considering Sam Rowe and shortlisted Saad as well and Porp (non rookie), there are a few others but it will come down to where they will be playing and how their pre-season goes.

Also have to consider the bye situations a little further as I've currently fielding too many rnd 12 players.

Doyle

elephants

I have...

Bugg, Shiel, Ugle, Giles, Buntine.

Buntine not as popular as I thought. Reasons behind this?

Ziplock

word on the street is that he isn't that much of a prolific fantasy scorer :P