Main Menu

smokies

Started by vitch, December 18, 2011, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

Quote from: MURRIMAGIC on December 18, 2011, 11:00:15 PM
Quote from: bowyanger on December 18, 2011, 10:06:57 PM
JLewis, XEllis, CYoung, MBailey, LLowden, RSchoenmakers, MHallahan & AFrank

Frank is another Isaac Smith, someone with pace skills and efficiency, but can he fit in the 22? It will depend on how long they carry Chance Bateman I think?

ISmith is a pure winger...up and down the ground and has some height, when playing the game have you noticed how tall wingers are now?

Amos is too short to play wing, Changa the last few years has played a tagging role in the side because of his great fitness base , understanding of the game and he still has some toe.

I wouldnt think Amos would be a substitute for Changa, I see him to step up when Sizzle goes down, as we all expect but dont want to happen

Hill would be vying for this position also

Theres a few players actually in this situation = good competition = perform or your in the magoos

Bruest
Osborne
Wanganeen
Generally the crumbers in the FWD line/ Half Fwd line if Sizzle goes to the guts or does a fetlock

Hawthorn is swimming in FWDS now Gunston has come over

chatters24

I know that no one will be considering him, but Pearce Hanley from Brisbane. A defender who averaged 80 last year after 22 games and only 34 games in his career. Now thats a true smokey!

Matty411

Sssshhhh chatters - don't let the Lion out of the bag - keep him on the DL

chatters24

Dont worry matty, its a long way until the start of the season! The average person on here will make another 638 changes to their team before the first bounce of the season!

elephants

Nice stat chatters ;) Hanley is just on the outer of my team but could be in come round 1...

chatters24

vitch

Quote from: chatters24 on December 20, 2011, 03:33:58 PM
I know that no one will be considering him, but Pearce Hanley from Brisbane. A defender who averaged 80 last year after 22 games and only 34 games in his career. Now thats a true smokey!

yeh, these were the sort of smokies i was fishing for, thanks chatters - food for thought.

Matty411

Also, one could look at Jed Adcock - he was on my 'never again' list after his injury prone-ness and inconsistencies were exposed this season...

But upon closer inspection it seems that he may not be a bad pickup again... Allow me to explain.

He only missed 2 games the whole season, despite fighting a hand injury in the middle of the year.

From round 10-17 his scores dropped by an average of around 30 - but can most likely be attributed to his hand injury and also the loss of Merrett in the backline required him to play down back and more shutdown roles as opposed to the half back flank role he excels in.

If he is fully fit by rnd one I think he could average 95+ with the recruitment of Docherty in the backline and with Merrett and Lisle in the team.

Thoughts?

Windigo

Holding onto my ultimate smoky for myself.  ;)

Ziplock

adcock was playing with a broken hand for like 4 weeks :P

elephants

I considered adcock but then went with a took and spent the dough on my midfield.

vitch

Quote from: vitch on December 18, 2011, 11:23:41 AM
who at your club, maybe someone a little left field, do you believe to be ready to show the world what they've got in 2012 ?? personally at the Bombers I believe Jake Carlisle is going to be something very special  ;)

now with only 2 weeks to go before the nab cup starts (can't wait) I would't mind giving this topic another airing to see if the pre season has unearthed any "smokies" to watch out for. As the Bombers training season have all been closed, i'm hearing everything second & third hand, so nothing to add from the there.

AndrewY

How about Harry  OBrien taking over some of the running back role post Neon Leon.

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on December 21, 2011, 03:22:17 PM
Holding onto my ultimate smoky for myself.  ;)
Who Myers ?   ;D

elephants