Whoa! no comment on the new DT 2012 rules??!?!

Started by j959, December 16, 2011, 09:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

I wasn't on much today but thought there might be at least some chatter about the new DT 2012 rules??

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=127309

Extract:

The new trading system will allow two trades to be completed at a time, and up to three in the bye rounds (rounds 11, 12 and 13).

Most interestingly, after coaches became more familiar with the role of the dual position player (DPP) in 2011, coaches will be allowed to move DPPs as part of a trade without having a matching DPP in the other position.

Furthermore, in good news for compulsive Monday morning traders, there will be a 'reverse' feature in place right up until each round's lockout. This will reverse all changes made to your team during the week - including trades, captain and vice-captain choices, emergencies and substitutes - and return it to what it was at the start of the week.
The other major changes to the structure of the Dream Team for 2012 are as follows:

-    Squads will revert to 30 players per team (down from 33 in 2011).
-    Head-to-head leagues will increase to 18 teams to reflect the AFL.
-    Head-to-head leagues will start from round three and run through to round 19. Each team plays every other team once before the league finals start in round 20 and conclude in round 23.
-    League games will continue through rounds 11-13, even with six teams having their mid-season bye in each of the three rounds.
-    Total trades will remain at 24. An additional trade (up to three each week) will be available in rounds 11, 12 and 13. A maximum of two per week as usual (from the total of 24) is available for every other round.

Wes Mantooth

Are you serious? these new rules are terrible esp changing/reversing trades.

Losing interest in DT already.

j959

Fyfe_gun

This is ridiculous. The people at Virtualsports have waaay too much time on their hands. Cant DT just have byes during bye rounds. You can still submit at team for that week but it doesn't count towards total score

CuStArDaRm

yeh its a bit farcical. Its either they have too much time on their hands or not enough. Seems a bit of a rush job to me.
As Ive said in another post It's clear that they have decided to play through those rounds because then the Heraldsun and the like still have heaps of traffic going through their websites/papers.

Non league matches at the start is fine for them coz people are obviously on there finalising teams.
There is a million other options that would have been better, wouldn't of been hard to say something like only 15 to18 players count for those bye rd's or something like that.

Ive heard probably 10 better ideas posted hear but I reckon they have gone to extremes both ways. The reversing your trades thing is fine but kind of a cop out. And then you have these byes which any Jo Blow that likes a bit of fantasy fun and are not hardcore, will just not give a fvck.

Very messy and rushed imo.

I mean even hardcore players like us dont want a complete head flower. That said we have a few months yet sure we will all figure out by then. Good LUCK!

DT Gun

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on December 17, 2011, 12:11:44 AM

Grow up its not that bad. If your in a good league then it wont change a thing cos no1 will trade early anyway. if they do trade early your in a shower league and should win anyway

Miss Pies

The new rules don't phase me. If anything it will make for better strategy coming into the tripple bye rounds. As for the reverse/undo feature well I think it is a good thing as it allows you to test certain strategies out before you seriously put them into play.
The people that did a panic trade and regretted it later well the rules are on your side. However it still won't stop them from panic trading come Thurs 5pm teams named.

Kuruki

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on December 17, 2011, 12:11:44 AM

Why is changing reversing trades a bad thing?? Everything else like captain pick and substitutions can be changed up untill lockout, why not trading also?.