Players Captain Choice 2012

Started by Legs, December 16, 2011, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legs

I've put together a little research on 2010-2011 top captain choices with stats weighing up games missed and 135+ scores.
If You feel I have missed anyone feel free to add them.

In 2011 I pretty much stuck with Gablett or Pendles or Swan. What are your plans in 2012 for captain choice?
Are you going to stick with the easy targets or do you have a unique premium up your sleeve that will excel in 2012?

Torpedo10

I'll probably pick the captains depnding on my Overall rank, Eliminator position and League position. I am hoping to go with a Midfield looking like this. Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Dayne Beams, Tom Mitchell an the two bench players are Dayne Zorko and Elliot Kavanagh or Dom Tyson. In that position I would probably go GAJ most of the time and Rocky for the Unique but this will probably change but for my team I think GAJ and Rocky are already locks in my team. I think that Selwood, Barlow and Beams have a few competitors for their position in my team so this Midfield will probably change before Round 1 2012.

Holz

I will be starting Ablett and probably swan, if i get both i just go with whoever is higher ranked in higher in calvins captains from dt talk.

If i dont have swan, ablett will be captain everyweek

nostradamus

At this stage l'll be starting Swan, Pendles, Ablett and Selwood

The choice for captain will be between Swan and Ablett most weeks, and will come down to opposition (scoring history) and form.......but am sure there wiil be some weeks that l go for Selwood or Pendles

Torpedo10

Can't belive how underrated Rocky is  :o :o :o. I can't wait to start 2012 and have Rocky captain and he will show you how much of a gun he is!

Legs

He's not underrated just not in the mix yet. This could be your unique premium?

I'll be sticking with Swan or Gabblet unless come round 5-6 there is another stand out.

Legs

Quote from: nostradamus on December 16, 2011, 06:20:07 PM
At this stage l'll be starting Swan, Pendles, Ablett and Selwood

The choice for captain will be between Swan and Ablett most weeks, and will come down to opposition (scoring history) and form.......but am sure there wiil be some weeks that l go for Selwood or Pendles

Selwood Profile 2010-2011;
2011 - missed: 6
135+ - 2
2010 - missed: 1
135+ - 2

BGK

Not sure if Swanny missed 3 games last year bro? I seen to remember only 1.

Legs

Quote from: bestguykai on December 16, 2011, 11:49:19 PM

He missed round 7 then round 12 and 13 with his trip to Arizona :)

The_Captain

Pretty sure either round 12 or 13 was the collingwood bye. so he would of only missed 2 games for the year.

BGK

Quote from: Legs on December 17, 2011, 01:35:01 PM

Round 7 and 13 were the Collingwood Byes. If your research is counting the byes as missed weeks, then you need to go back and fix the rest of your table to include everyone's byes.

Legs

Quote from: bestguykai on December 17, 2011, 02:02:47 PM
Quote from: Legs on December 17, 2011, 01:35:01 PM

Round 7 and 13 were the Collingwood Byes. If your research is counting the byes as missed weeks, then you need to go back and fix the rest of your table to include everyone's byes.
It does include everyones byes already :) I counted the byes because I wanted to show how many 135+ in the entirety of the season for those players.
Cheers

BGK

I'm sorry but if it includes the byes how did Chris Judd and Bryce Gibbs miss a total of 0 games between them, when Carlton had 2 byes?

Ziplock

how did gibbs/ judd miss the byes then...?

BGK

Look im not trying to piss you off or anything. The research you have started is solid, you've just made some small mistakes. I think that it anything you can go a few more steps, such as how many 100+ games each player has scored over the last couple of years. You could go even further and average out scores for each opponent and even what grounds each player scores best at.