New Rules for 2012

Started by c4v3m4n, December 16, 2011, 12:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

hawk_88

Just saw this, not sure I understand their explanation of the MPP system:

QuoteNext season the new trade screen will allow coaches to swap DPP players for a replacement in any of their available positions, provided you have another DPP player to cover them.

For example, if Brendon Goddard (listed as a midfielder and defender) is in your midfield and you want to trade him out, until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Goddard from your midfield, switch another mid/def player (say, Bryce Gibbs) into the middle and trade in a defender.

You could do this last year could you not. The only different I can see here is that you can make the swap via the trade screen where as before you had to swap on the team management page before starting your trade.

^ Exactly what I thought too. I was thinking that I must be slow and missing something.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 16, 2011, 12:48:12 PM

QuoteNext season the new trade screen will allow coaches to swap DPP players for a replacement in any of their available positions, provided you have another DPP player to cover them.

For example, if Brendon Goddard (listed as a midfielder and defender) is in your midfield and you want to trade him out, until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Goddard from your midfield, switch another mid/def player (say, Bryce Gibbs) into the middle and trade in a defender.

You could do this last year could you not. The only different I can see here is that you can make the swap via the trade screen where as before you had to swap on the team management page before starting your trade.

They haven't explained it correctly. This is a better example:

If  you wanted to trade out Dane Swan (listed purely as a midfielder) from your midfield, until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Swan from your midfield, switch a mid/def player (say, Brett Deledio) into the middle and trade in a defender.

More flexibility. Great idea IMO.

hawk_88

That makes much more sense!!

Why would they use Goddard as an example? That is just plain stupid!

c4v3m4n

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 16, 2011, 01:07:21 PM
That makes much more sense!!

Why would they use Goddard as an example? That is just plain stupid!

Maybe its a strategy to confuse alot of the coaches.  :o

bomberboy0618

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 16, 2011, 12:53:35 PM

If  you wanted to trade out Dane Swan (listed purely as a midfielder) from your midfield, until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Swan from your midfield, switch a mid/def player (say, Brett Deledio) into the middle and trade in a defender.

Im still lost. Why can you swap Swan into your defense?
Sorry if I am being a little thick.

You can't swap Swan into defence.

Say you have got Swan in the mids, and Goddard in defense.

Swan and a defender get injured, so you need to trade them both out - normally requiring 2 trades.

Now you can move Goddard into the middle into Swan's spot, and trade Swan out for any defender.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 16, 2011, 01:24:37 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 16, 2011, 12:53:35 PM

Im still lost. Why can you swap Swan into your defense?
Sorry if I am being a little thick.

This all takes place when trading.

You can now use an MPP as a third party to trade a midfielder for a defender, a midfielder for a forward, a ruckman for a defender etc.

Think of it like this, look at this example team:

Backline: Deledio, Newman, Murphy, Suckling, Lower, Heppell, Toy
Midfield: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Griffen, Boyd, Pavlich
Forward: Franklin, Cloke, Goodes, Chapman, Sylvia, O'Keefe, Mzungu
Ruck: Sandi, Cox

With the new rules, you can trade out Swan for a defender, as long as you have a mid/def MPP.

So for example I could trade Swan out, place Deledio into the midfield and then bring in Fisher.

Now it would like:

Backline: Newman, Fisher, Murphy, Suckling, Lower, Heppell, Toy
Midfield: Pendlebury, Ablett, Deledio, Griffen, Boyd, Pavlich.

Another example, you could trade Boyd out, place Goodes in the midfield and bring in Stevie J.

So now it would look like:

Midfield: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Goodes, Griffen, Boyd
Forward: Franklin, Cloke, Stevie J, Chapman, Sylvia, O'Keefe, Mzungu.

That help BB?

Purple 77

Thats a pretty cool change.

Gotta love SC  :)

demon_spud

A FWD/MID link example, would have made more sense considering the backmen suck and there are more guns with the mid/fwd link.

And using a Premium as well, guess they had to use a name people know, than a rookie with a link which would make more sense for a real Super Coacher.

Concerning the new rules, the league matches could start earlier in round 1, than having coaches trying to sort out teams for the rnd 11,12, and 13 byes.  Now you have to use your trades, possibly 6 burnt just to try and solve this issue.

Another solution would have been leaving the league teams to only 16 allowing these bye rounds to be left out of the league matches.

Mid season and injuries and players heading off to Arizona will be interesting, (Swan and Pendles off for a 3 week R&R during this period, try covering that...)

2012 will not be the end of the real world just the fantasy footy one. I look forward to the pain and the rants this is certainly going to create when everyone starts coming back to the forums and not just us Coachers with withdrawal symptoms.

Perhaps they are just trying to look after the $50k chasers than the bragging rights of friends and peers who are trying to beat each other in leagues.

Saying all this however, will make team planning a lot more interesting to get the best players(scorers) to get you up to and through these rounds.  Which will make teams more unique, then having the cookie cutter teams and put the Serious back into the free 'give-me' trades and extended benches that they did last year to make things easier.

coolfugitiv0

I believe we missed an important piece of this. So much for losing his DPP.

tferrier18

This is going to be bloody hard...
You can plan your team to be like m0ntys round 11 team without having to cop any byes, but thats all good and well for round 1. You start down/upgrading players in about round 7 - last year I had my team pretty much finished by round 11 (with the exception of a few more upgrades/injury trades (that weren't entirely necessary e.g. lower > fisher, heppell > suckling etc))

After round 11 I waited until r 14 to trade again, whether or not this was because I had no dosh or was just content with my team I can't remember (but i think it was the latter).

So you can say that you'll have a round 1 team that won't have any doughnuts in round 11, but you'll be trading players in and out and if you stick to the round 11 no-byes guide, you'll be very restricted because come round 12 and 13 you'll have even more of these players in your team.

I was going to trade my way through these rounds, but the thing is...you'll have to be trading out players that you've just traded in because most rookies will have been upgraded by then and its way too late to start upgrading your team after/during these byes. shower!

enzedder

the new trading flexibility with mpp means that by the end of the year many teams will be a carbon copy of each other IMO...more so than previous seasons.

ossie85

I like how they used Gibbs as an example of a MPP... gives me hope!