Second Team! Thoughts?

Started by Galea89, December 15, 2011, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galea89

2ND TEAM HERE

TEAM NAME: galea
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, B. Waters, N. Grima, P. Davis, D. Connors (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio (A. Morabito, D. Shiel)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, M. LeCras, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Patton (J. Porplyzia, A. Saad)
CASH LEFT: $47,600

This was my first crack at making a team for DT. It seems ridiculously good for a first team. Any thoughts?

Torpedo10

Yes it is quite good but like every team it needs a little work. I would be careful around Shaw and Connors. You never know when Shaw will do somthing stupid . Connors is more of a risk the could pay off but still be careful. Midfield is good but I think that you choice on one player may be risky, I think it would be better to take Rockliff and leave Murphy. I think that this will be the year Rocky extends he average to greater heights. Rucks are good but HMac is risky as Goldy might take the ricks and leave HMac in the forwardline. I would get West and dump HMac.Forwards look great. An overall score out of 10 from me is 8.5.

Ziplock

taking a quick stat check on grima, he's undervalued, but not a player I would be choosing.

not a fan of lecras in 2012 to break out again.

Galea89

Cheers guys. Well my thoughts were that even though H-Mac and Goldy will be battling for points, H-Mac is cheap and has been decent in the past. I will upgrade once he rises but he will be enough for the part of the season. My forward line strategy has been to lock down the essentials in Franklin, Cloke and Brown (Cheap risk), and then to pick guys that will rotate through the midfield being Fyfe, Lecras, Christensen. As for Murphy, I think his hitting his prime, Judd will always cop the extra attention and Murphy is a warrior. Rockliff and Redden both had awesome years but they were breakouts. Im not taking anything away from them but I want to make sure they can back it up before i jump on at premium price. Murphy is proven and will only get better again with another pre season. :)

Fyfe_gun

Ridiculously bad first team

nah man its your first but plenty to improve on

Galea89

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 16, 2011, 12:33:16 AM
Ridiculously bad first team

nah man its your first but plenty to improve on

rofl alright bro name the areas that are bad you noob. Post up your team bloke!!

Galea89

TEAM NAME: Galeaz
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, T. Armstrong, N. Grima, M. Clarke, P. Bower (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, M. Robinson, D. Martin, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (S. Clifton, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $10,100

What do you guys think?

dubizzy

i like it all but your forward line especially.

Galea89

Quote from: dubizzy on December 23, 2011, 05:54:20 PM
i like it all but your forward line especially.

Thanks bud. Im still contemplating whether i should drop either H-mac or Kreuzer and run with giles as second ruck until i can determine which premium ruck to go for. It will give me cash to play with. IMO the 2 best rucks will be 2 of either Cox, Sandi, Leunberger, Mumford, Goldstein and McEvoy, and there all pretty equal atm :S Time will tell which 2 to run with

popedelio

great team!
Ideally i prefer more money in the bank, because for upgrading and any screw ups early in the season (serious injuries) so that you can alter your team without too much trouble. $100k is a nice amout though i set my team up for $200k+.
I havent checked how you set your team up for the byes but you wanna make sure when you do some trades in rd 8/9/10 your team is bye friendly come to rds 11/12/13.

trjd81

Personally I would dump Bower and Porps.  Bower was lucky not to get de-listed, and Porps is too expensive.  Look at downgrading to rookies and perhaps saving the cash.  Or downgrade 1 and upgrade M Robinson to Buddy?

Colliwobblers

be wary of weakening your rucks any further how many points will it cost you if you do while you work out which premiums to run with.

I have hmac and sandi, with the obvious two rooks, kruezer can he be counted on for strong scoring week in week out until you upgrade him or a rook?

Can hmac for that matter?