WXV: EurAsia v AAP Alliance

Started by ossie85, December 14, 2011, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

really admire the effort c4!

Well if it was the AAP alliance thing, it would only concern 2 coaches and the rest couldn't care less to be honest, so i would MUCH prefer c4's way.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 23, 2012, 05:57:42 PM

Well if it was the AAP alliance thing, it would only concern 2 coaches and the rest couldn't care less to be honest, so i would MUCH prefer c4's way.
C4 is suggesting doing both purple :)

C4 in regards to the AAP vs EurAsia match do they pick players first and then the states pick players that are remaining and can't pick players taken by either AAP or EurAsia?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 23, 2012, 05:59:42 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 23, 2012, 05:57:42 PM

C4 is suggesting doing both purple :)

C4 in regards to the AAP vs EurAsia match do they pick players first and then the states pick players that are remaining and can't pick players taken by either AAP or EurAsia?

Correct CF. The order in which the teams would be picked would be: AAP, EUR, QLD/NT, NSW/TAS/ACT, ABOR, INT, WA, SA, VICC, VICM. I think that would be the fairest.

Ringo

Quote from: c4v3m4n on May 23, 2012, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 23, 2012, 03:57:56 PM
Wouldn't Nick Riewoldt be in the tassie team since that's where he was born?

It seems you're right. Obviously the lists I used were wrong. That's annoying.
Depends what the rules are State of Birth or State/Club recruited from in Riewoldts case from Southport.

Good work C4 though and obviusly some discussion on some positions but most obvious.

ossie85

I like it C4, glad for you to do the organising!

Perhaps some form of compensation points for teams that can't field a XV?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on May 24, 2012, 02:30:23 PM

I like it C4, glad for you to do the organising!

Perhaps some form of compensation points for teams that can't field a XV?

I'd be very surprised if teams can't field a XV. However, I was thinking that for this, we would relax the laws on players playing out of position. But ONLY if don't have enough players for that position.

For example: QLD/NT might not have 4 playing midfielders, so they would be able to select any other player to play in the midfield without consequence.

But on the other hand, Vic Metro couldn't have Jobe Watson play down back as they have plenty of midfielders to choose from.

In the coming week, I'll try to organise lists of players by state, but for those players where I can't find where they were born, I'll just use the state from  which they were drafted from. Fair enough?

Quote from: Ringo on May 24, 2012, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on May 23, 2012, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 23, 2012, 03:57:56 PM
Wouldn't Nick Riewoldt be in the tassie team since that's where he was born?

It seems you're right. Obviously the lists I used were wrong. That's annoying.
Depends what the rules are State of Birth or State/Club recruited from in Riewoldts case from Southport.

Good work C4 though and obviusly some discussion on some positions but most obvious.

NRL use the state from which they were drafted from, whereas AFL use they state in which they were born. So, obviously we'll use the AFL rules.

Master Q

Need to look at that International team! A lot of mistakes  :-X

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Master Q on May 26, 2012, 04:19:27 PM

You would think so, but in fact there isn't.

All of those players listed are players that have been born in a country outside Australia OR had at least one of their parents born outside Australia.

Master Q

Quote from: c4v3m4n on May 26, 2012, 06:06:58 PM

All of those players listed are players that have been born in a country outside Australia OR had at least one of their parents born outside Australia.
Oh so that's what qualifies them...

Holz

thats interesting, i guess that would mean i would be an international player. I thought it was nromally just if you we born outside australia.

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on May 26, 2012, 07:47:31 PM

thats interesting, i guess that would mean i would be an international player. I thought it was nromally just if you we born outside australia.
I'm an International too. :D

ossie85

Announcement of Head Coaches for EurAsia v AAP Alliance

Undefeated for the year, and the top point scorer, Sao Paula coach CROWSFAN has been named Coach.

More controversely named as the EurAsia coach, as his team sits outside the eight, is Seoul coach OSSIE85. The ladder is dominated by AAP Alliance coach, and Seoul has scored 75 more points than the next best total points scored (Beijing).

Each coach will name a squad of 20 prior. The 5 remaining players will be eligible to play in other representative matches.

The Representative rounds will be held over Rounds 12 and 13.

C4, if you wouldn't mind, will let you organise the others!

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on June 04, 2012, 01:15:00 PM
More controversely named as the EurAsia coach, as his team sits outside the eight, is Seoul coach OSSIE85.

I call rigged. jk :P

I'll start working on the other representative matches today and tomorrow.

Firstly, is everyone happy with the following:

1. There will be 8 representative teams: VIC Metro, VIC Country, SA, WA, NSW/ACT/TAS, QLD/NT, Aboriginal All-Stars, Rest of the World.
2. There will be two coaches for each team, meaning that everyone gets a chance to be involved in the representative matches.
3. Coaches will be aligned with teams at complete random (using random.org)
4. Teams will be placed in two pools (VICM, VICC, SA, ROW in pool 1, and WA, NSW/ACT/TAS, QLD/NT, Aboriginal in pool 2) and the matches will be chosen at random.
5. Teams will be chosen in the following order: AAP, EURO then QLD/NT, NSW/ACT/TAS, ABOR, INT, WA, SA, VICC and finally VICM. I feel this will be the fairest as QLD/NT and NSW/ACT/TAS have very limited squad choices.
6. I will develop squad lists, based on a where the player was born. However, if I cannot find where he was born, then it will be based on the state where he was drafted from.
7. The Rest of the World team will be made up of players that were born in a country outside Australia OR had at least one of their parents born outside Australia.

Think that covers all points. :D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ossie85 on June 04, 2012, 01:15:00 PM

Announcement of Head Coaches for EurAsia v AAP Alliance

Undefeated for the year, and the top point scorer, Sao Paula coach CROWSFAN has been named Coach.

More controversely named as the EurAsia coach, as his team sits outside the eight, is Seoul coach OSSIE85. The ladder is dominated by AAP Alliance coach, and Seoul has scored 75 more points than the next best total points scored (Beijing).

Each coach will name a squad of 20 prior. The 5 remaining players will be eligible to play in other representative matches.

The Representative rounds will be held over Rounds 12 and 13.

C4, if you wouldn't mind, will let you organise the others!
Damn. Just missed out.

CrowsFan

In reality it's 750 points BB so not like you were all that close