WXV: EurAsia v AAP Alliance

Started by ossie85, December 14, 2011, 07:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

An original idea started by our European counterparts!

At some point in the year - depending on what the fantasy roster looks like, we should have a 'state-of-origin' exhibition match.

EurAsia:  Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, New Delhi, Berlin, London, Dublin, PNL and Moscow

AAP (Africas, Americas and the Pacific) Alliance: Cairo, Cape Town, Mexico City, New York, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aries, Wellington and Pacific Islands

Open to ideas on how it should work :) I'm thinking that at the half-way point in the season, the highest EurAsia and the highest AAP coach on the ladder, get the opportunity to pick a team not just from their squad, but from the 9 squads in there conference?

Hmmm?

Maca24

Like that idea Ossie... sounds sick :)

CrowsFan

Sounds pretty interesting ossie. I would be up for that :)

Purple 77

cool idea!

But i think the other coaches in the teams should have more input, instead of one coach deciding

Maca24

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 14, 2011, 08:17:38 PM
cool idea!

But i think the other coaches in the teams should have more input, instead of one coach deciding
Best coach picks IMO. everyone doing it would be messy...

Purple 77

Quote from: Maca24 on December 14, 2011, 08:21:33 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on December 14, 2011, 08:17:38 PM
cool idea!

Best coach picks IMO. everyone doing it would be messy...

Well yeah, but 16 coaches wouldn't give a crap then  :-\  ;)

FisherSaints

I had an idea in my head earlier that in the bye rounds they play. Thoughts, do its a bit harder

CrowsFan

Just noticed ossie you forgot to put London Royals in the list of teams up there.

Another thought you could do is split it in to 4 regions of...

Asia
Tokyo Samurai
Beijing Bear
Seoul Magpies
New Delhi Tigers

Europe
Berlin Brewers
Dublin Destroyers
PNL Reindeers
Moscow Spetsnaz
London Royals

Americas
Mexico City Suns
New York Eagles
Toronto Wolves
Sao Paulo Pumas
Buenos Aires Armadillos

Africa and the Pacifics
Cairo Sands
Cape Town Cobras
Wellington Warriors
Pacific Islanders

Then during the 3 bye rounds of 11, 12 and 13 you can play a round robin tournament where each team plays the other teams once each. And then getting a winner from that. Thoughts?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 14, 2011, 08:39:23 PM
Just noticed ossie you forgot to put London Royals in the list of teams up there.

Another thought you could do is split it in to 4 regions of...

Asia
Tokyo Samurai
Beijing Bear
Seoul Magpies
New Delhi Tigers

Europe
Berlin Brewers
Dublin Destroyers
PNL Reindeers
Moscow Spetsnaz
London Royals

Americas
Mexico City Suns
New York Eagles
Toronto Wolves
Sao Paulo Pumas
Buenos Aires Armadillos

Africa and the Pacifics
Cairo Sands
Cape Town Cobras
Wellington Warriors
Pacific Islanders

Then during the 3 bye rounds of 11, 12 and 13 you can play a round robin tournament where each team plays the other teams once each. And then getting a winner from that. Thoughts?

Along with the locational theme, you could split the teams like this too...  ;)

Animals

Beijing Bears
Seoul Magpies
New Dehli Tigers
PNL Reindeers
New York Eagles
Toronto Wolves
Sao Paulo Pumas
Buenos Aires Armadillos
Cape Town Cobras

The Rest

Tokyo Samurai
Berlin Brewers
Dublin Destroyers
Moscow Spetsnaz
London Royals
Mexico City Suns
Cairo Sands
Wellington Warriors
Pacific Islanders

I'm not sure which I prefer in respect to two or four teams but a good lively "state of origin" comp could be fun.  :D

Also, on the coaching idea, instead of having the top placed coaches build a team, how about we all vote for a coach, like a people's choice award?

bomberboy0618

I think everyone should have an input. I wouldnt really care about a team that I didnt help pick :/

FisherSaints

I think everyone chooses there best player then change it to make a team, add more

MajorLazer

I think that the idea could work but be kinda tweaked.

The top coaches from each team become team captain who end up with final say over which players make it. Their choice of how to pick the players, could choose as a team or just choose individually.

Think that could work better.

PowerBug

The top coach gets to pick 2-3 other coaches to help with team settings maybe. :-\

Out of all the ideas i like CF's the best, with the four regions.

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on December 15, 2011, 05:03:43 PM
The top coach gets to pick 2-3 other coaches to help with team settings maybe. :-\

As do i

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 15, 2011, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 15, 2011, 05:03:43 PM

As do i

Creating a decent team with all the byes would be challenging with 4-5 teams. I'd be leaning more towards just splitting into two, or even splitting into 3 teams of 6.  :)