Started by lucky94, December 14, 2011, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is he worth a shot?

yes
shortlist
wait for NAB
NO

sliced ham

that will be a no from me. cant see him doing well this season, struggling to be in best 21 now i would think, i dont think they missed him last year.

kilbluff1985

Um yeah we missed his and Dempsey's run heaps last year if he shows form he will be in the best 21

Colliwobblers

definately fit and in form he is in the best 22, and 09 and 10 years were super, if he comes back to be even close to that form he is a bargain worth having, so only question is durability and whether he starts out rond 1. personnaly i think if he played games 1 through 8 then was re-injured and achieved close to his previous averages, he would be the best cash cow in your side.

No for me based on my forward line already having christensen and zaka on his round 12 bye round. i dont want more than 2 premium/keeper players in any position (1 in ruck obviously) on the same bye round until after the byes.

I won't be picking any midpricers i dont hope to have as keepers. windy is tempting tho even as an expensive cash cow, but the downside is he could be an expensive cashcow failure. And the bye thing....

yorgis

Anyone considering Jason Winderlich ??? I know he only played 4 games last year but surely he must be worth a look at, at

only $ 246,000 and an average of 87 in '10  bonus of being an mpp F/C

Football Factory

I was flicking through the 2012 afl prospectus before and came across a table on least durable players Winderlich was 20th overall in the competion having played 98 of 231 games.....

elephants

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 21, 2012, 03:19:34 PM
I was flicking through the 2012 afl prospectus before and came across a table on least durable players Winderlich was 20th overall in the competion having played 98 of 231 games.....
Yeah this does it for me not for me. Who was the least durable player?

PurpleArmy

I'm gonna say Scott Gumbleton

Off Tap

I've been playing DT for 3 years now and it took me that long to realise to keep clear of guys with bunge knees. When they come back they aren't the same and have a tendancy for soft tissue injuries during the first year.

Same goes with Hayes from the Saints. At his price he would be a definate if not for his dodgey knee.

pavs nose

win - der - lich my balls

yorgis

thanx for that FF, but you'd think a sucker would eventually get an even break, but yeah steer clear i guess. 

itchytradefinger

Steer clear. Remember this year you only have 2 bench spots. We all got spoiled last year. I love the bloke but he's not going to come in and kill it. Won't finish top ten mids and wont make enough as a cash cow. No, no, no.

Football Factory

To be fair i dont think it takes into account the fact they might have missed games by not being in the best 22 etc...... I say this because.

Cameron Wood is the least durable 58 of 181  durability.. 0.32

Mitchell Brown   43 of 133     durability  0.32

Leigh Adams    44 of 129       durability  0.32

Matthew Warnock    55 of 157                0.35

Courtenay Dempsey   54 of 153              0.35

Waters ... Grimes....Drummond...Higgins etc dont even make the list of 25

Goodes  300 of 341   durability 0.88   , J.Selwood, Bolton, Judd, Pendlebury  ....most durable top 5

Off Tap

Windigo

Wouldn't you get Zaharakis before Winder?

pavs nose

Quote from: Off Tap on January 21, 2012, 05:30:14 PM
Quote from: pavs nose on January 21, 2012, 03:49:52 PM
win - der - lich my balls

So that's a yes then?

no that was just my pathetic attempt at humour. it is a no from me.

i have ruled out injury prone players all together this year.