Started by lucky94, December 14, 2011, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is he worth a shot?

yes
shortlist
wait for NAB
NO

lucky94

Can any bombers supporters with some insight let me know if he is going to be ready for round 1? If so, i think he is almost a lock in my team, anyone else considering him atm?

CuStArDaRm

Only ever averaged over 90 once in 9 seasons and + coming off serious injury a no go for me.
At his price there are better options imo, I would probably pick about 6 or 7 rookies who will average as much as he will at a third of the price.

Having said that is he named only as a mid? If he is named as a fwd as well not a terrible option if he cracks 90.
Still think there are better options in the mid range.

Personally I am seriously looking at puting Zaharakis fwd a little more expensive but will definately improve on his average of last season and I wouldnt want both of them in my fwd line.

lucky94

Yeah good points made mate, and yes i was talking about in my forward line as he is listed on fanplanner as a m/f I wouldnt bother with him in the midfield. I think you may have just talked me out of him, defianetly on my radar though.

egosbar

better options out there , he will get injured for sure , not in my side

nostradamus

I've just noticed that Winderlich is now listed as a c/f

He's in Essendons best 22 and on track for a return in round 1......at his discounted price do you think he's worth a run in your team as a forward?

Last year was ruined by injury, but :    2010    19 games   87.7 ave
                                                     2009    18 games   94.1 ave

Food for thought  ;)

Torpedo10

elephants

Maybe for me. Not in my team now but knocking on the door very hard.

ronl

We've been told to expect a "super-strong, super-fast, kick-ass" Essendon next year.  Not quite sure how Winderlich is going to fit into the scheme of things out at Windy Hill with all that macho stuff going on.  But, being a C/F and at a good price he does make some appea,l expecially if he has a strong NAB cup.

elephants

Whaat? 200k + ? jog on. I thought he was rookie price.
No.
No.
No...

Torpedo10

I think that if he is under 270k then should be very close to anyone's team. If he was rookies priced Le he would be in every team. He averaged 88 in 2010 I think.

elephants

No for me. Injured very often. Might not even be fitting in to a midfield so quick and so young which is what the dons and sculpting. Also prone to the vest. Not worth the 200+k I'd spend it elsewhere and get Porps or Zorko who for almost 200k less will average about the same. It's a known fact that players struggle after 12 months off.
Pass. Pass. Pass.
(this means very little he could well be in my team cone round 1 at the rate my team is chopping and changing ATM :P)

chatters24

Winders will play every game.... if fit. He'll score really well..... if fit. He may actually get a crack in my team..... if fit! Get my point?

DT-SC

ok we know his story.. 27 years old had last season ruined by ACL injury previosly averaged 87.7 (19 games) and  94.1 (18 games) in 2010 and 2009. a key in essendons team, his speed was his weapon and it may have been effected by the injury
BUT he is serious value, priced at just $246,100 (without discount which he should get) DPP MID/FWD
yeah he's not very durable but who cares he if he averages 80-85 and misses a few games

i'll personally watch his NAB to make sure he is moving well and still has pace, if he does he will be hard to go past

elephants

Wait for NAB but super unlikely. Brown and Christo as mid price fwds already!!

ronl

He can be a damaging player when he's on song, but he's simply too inconsistent and, as we know, incredibly injury prone.  I'd like to say yes, but, no.