GnR v MidPrice

Started by Matty411, December 14, 2011, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which structure will you be using in 2012?

Guns n Rooks - Traditional, Tried and True
8 (25.8%)
MidPrice Team - Too many good midpricers to go past
3 (9.7%)
Mixture of Both
20 (64.5%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 28, 2011, 05:52:46 PM

Matty411

This is one of the first questions we must ask ourselves upon the eve of 2012. This decision will be detrimental to the success of your team and chances in the upcoming year. There has been much debate over this in the past and divides DT and SC coaches alike as to which is the best structure to use.

Ziplock

midprice ftw!

when I say midprice though, I'm not going to be forgoing like the goddards, franklins, swans necessarily... I'll just be sliding in midpricers inbetween them :P

I have  fair few targets for the fwds, and heaps for the mids.

Capper

I would like to think that i will be going with Guns and Rookies but it always end up using the left over money on upgrading rookies to mids.

Give me strength next year but would like to think of going GnRs

jamster

ziplock, who are your mid pricers?

Ziplock

CuStArDaRm

I would say Ill have a mix of both.......but be careful dont get caught up in strategy it can be a trap!

There is no need to pick one or the other or the other, just concentrate on getting as many players in your starting team that you can who potentially will still be there round 22 (or however many rounds there is this season) baring injury and form and hopefully with some cash in the kitty. 
Personally when looking at mid pricers I think to myself can this guy be or is he a DT/SC slut?

Its all about whats out there and there is plenty of mid pricers to consider including guns who were injured or out of form and the influx of mature age rookies looks great.

So without actually "picking a strategy" at the moment I have a mixture of both seems to be options everywhere this season more so than last year.
As i said dont lock yourself to a strategy pick whats in front of you and see what you have turned out with.

Don't mean to preach and this is a fair question just having my 2 cents coz' I have mates who every year say to me "oh Im going to get heaps of these types or that before they have even looked at the players at all and I keep trying to tell them don't lock yourself into anything coz' than you narrow your options.

Including the likes of N Roo and Lake I have 15 prems atm with 200k in the kitty. if by season start its still above 100k Ill be happy.

jamster

ziplock, ill message you my mid price pick if you give me one of yours?

Impromptu

Generally, I'm a GnR person (Guns and Roses?)

Actually, I've always been a GnR person, but I see merit in a MidPrice strategy in 2012 or a mixture, but it really depends on how many trades we are allowed in the bye rounds and how many on the bench...

2012 will be the most anticipated DT/SC year for a long time, mainly because No Locks in Rucks, No Locks collectively in Backs ie premiums, GWS players, the impact of GWS opponents...

I guess there is no signature on FF... :(

Ziplock

nah jam, I'm holding them closish to my chest :P

Matty411

Good on ya Ziplock. Nothing in DT is sacred anymore. We do all this research and get a unique team were happy with then someone comes out and exposes them to the world lol with all the tips and advice not to mention 'cheat sheets' going round, is it even possible to have a unique team, or a Smokey?

egosbar

jamster ill give you a mid for a mid , messaged though send one through , i dont want to give mine out too public although they always get out dont they haha, you dont hear nothhing for months on a player you think is ripe and bam couple of days before opening his name is plastered in a post by some idiot and then twenty comments on him

elephants

Mixture.
Guns and Rookies is the tested and proven way but there are midpricers to jump on this year no doubt.

Jukes

I only really have two mid-pricers in my whole team, that is Zaharakis and Sidebottom. Guns n rooks is the way to go for me this year, put in several mid-pricers last year and it dented by scores a bit.

Just discovered the beauty of guns n rooks as a matter of fact, had Mitch Clark, traded him down to Jeremy Cameron, which allowed me to trade Waters up to Shaw and then LeCras up to Franklin. And I still have 72k in the bank

Chopps

I believe a mixture of the two is the best way

Ziplock

I' with chops :P

Quote from: Matty411 on December 15, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
Good on ya Ziplock. Nothing in DT is sacred anymore. We do all this research and get a unique team were happy with then someone comes out and exposes them to the world lol with all the tips and advice not to mention 'cheat sheets' going round, is it even possible to have a unique team, or a Smokey?

lol, I reckon aye. But mine is more of a personal reason- I'm positive the league I'm in with my mates stalk me like a boss on this forum, and I wouldn't put it past any of them to make an account on here just to get a good idea of my smokies :P