(Updating..) Luigi 2012 - Italian Stallions ( PLEASE )

Started by Luigi197, December 13, 2011, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAMCRO

Agree with you on Lake, too cheap to ignore if he can get back to his best form.

Interesting ruck combo, I like it. Just be wary of Roughy though, watch his pre-season.

Can't really fault the rest.

Luigi197

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 21, 2011, 12:15:22 PM

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, Z. Dawson, B. Lake, A. Tomlinson
(J. Webberley, M. Talia)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, K. Lucas, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard
(S. Docherty, D. Zorko)
RUC: J. Roughead, T. West
(J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, C. Dixon, A. Saad
(B. Smedts, S. Rowe)

CASH LEFT: $71,600

A lot of the pre-season has progressed, any updated thoughts on my team!

I thank you in advance for the assistance in my team. It is really appreciated :)
Luigi.

nas

Roughy would be my concern in the ruck, Broughton will he go to the Mids? Fyfe just returned to training, Porps shoulders, > concerns IMO & to use one of you quotes>>> I'm not too sure about starting 2 rookies in your backs, plus there is marty clarke, when you already have Shaw..

Broughton & Dawson applies if you stick by that.

Luigi197

Quote from: naste on January 24, 2012, 06:54:07 PM
Roughy would be my concern in the ruck, Broughton will he go to the Mids? Fyfe just returned to training, Porps shoulders, > concerns IMO & to use one of you quotes>>> I'm not too sure about starting 2 rookies in your backs, plus there is marty clarke, when you already have Shaw..

Broughton & Dawson applies if you stick by that.

Isnt it good if Broughy moves to the mids? unless he moves there in SC as well.
ss u think having all Roughy, Fyfe and Porps as injury clouded is a bit too much?

and very good pick up naste! i failed to realise they were both from the same team as havent looked at my team in a while. still in 2011 mode... -.-

so who would you want me to keep out of the 3 injurers? and who to replace the ones i ditch with?
if brough does move to mids in SC, easy premium replacement, but if he stays defence, i'll trade Dawson. ideas for his replacement?

THANKS! :)

nas

Broughton might go to the mids game time, but talk is Bally will get a go > Scotland to consider then,  Porps should watch the NAB with keen interest to see how it goes (shoulders), Roughy well Will he go straight to the Ruck or will he be eased into it? Fyfe well just see how he is travelling >> Ask Valk our FF Fremantle guru for updates. Valk always has his fingers on the pulse & also would help you re Broughton & Dawson

Luigi197

we've always loved Valk! :D i shall talk to him.

wait, what about Luke Ball?

and yeah i guess for a lot of my players i have to wait until the pre-season to further assess.

thanks! :)

nas

Luke Ball shoots your theory down as then he is with Pendles.

alexross

Quote from: naste on January 24, 2012, 07:18:20 PM
Broughton might go to the mids game time, but talk is Bally will get a go

Is he is talking about Ballantyne??

nas

Quote from: alexross on January 25, 2012, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: naste on January 24, 2012, 07:18:20 PM
Broughton might go to the mids game time, but talk is Bally will get a go

Is he is talking about Ballantyne??

Yep seen somewhere in the papers, no link but will put it up if I find it.

Luigi197

Here is my updated team. I have put further thought into it, and have done a bit more research. This is what i currently think I will enter into SuperCoach once it is opened tomorrow.

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke
(B. Ellis, J. Bootsma)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Watson, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard, S. Docherty
(T. Sheridan, A. Sexton)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, T. West
(J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, D. Petrie, J. Brown, A. Fasolo, J. Porplyzia, T. Adams
(S. Rowe, H. Crozier)

CASH LEFT: $178,800.

Now I am sure more changes will be made before round 1. NAB Cup form will be taken into consideration for almost everyone. Training updates i have not seen too many of myself, so any comments about how they have been training will be taken into consideration. Enough research into the draft has led to my current rookies, although if it turns out there are different rookies that play round 1, i am sure i will want to put those ones in over my current selections. I have made sure that i have an even enough spread of byes, as the bye structure is currently at 10/9/11 for this team. For DPP selections, B/C and C/F have gone into consideration. I feel at the current time, that is enough to cover my team. Interesting point outs is the unique selection of Fasolo, the re-newed hope of Clarke, Lake, Porplyzia and Brown. Pendlebury has left the team as i feel his price tag his just too high. I have also contradicted previous thoughts, going with a 3 roookie midfield. I feel that is risky, and if they are all not playing round 1, one of them will be upgraded to a unique mid-pricer. I dont completely know my aim with my rucks, but that combination seems quite popular, and only pre-season form will be able to help me choose my rucks. So i have made many changes since my last team.

I thank you in advance for the assistance in my team. The help is really appreciated :)
Luigi.

Luigi197

badsetanta

rowe and crozier wont play early and you'll be rolling donuts when fasolo or adams doesnt play

Luigi197

Quote from: badsetanta on February 01, 2012, 09:27:09 PM
rowe and crozier wont play early and you'll be rolling donuts when fasolo or adams doesnt play

Hmm...

Rowe is mature aged, thats why i have picked him. But i am not sold on any of my rookies until deadline day in 52 days from now. It is true that i will want people who will pay early on.
Fasolo not playing? I know he is a risky unique, but i stil would've thought he would get game time at the Pies?
What do you think of Christensen? I think he might be a better alternative?
And is McDonald maybe a wiser choice than Coniglio? (just taking a stab)

Cheers :)

badsetanta

rowe is injured, unlikely to play from the start, keep him for a downgrade later

Luigi197

Quote from: badsetanta on February 01, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
rowe is injured, unlikely to play from the start, keep him for a downgrade later

Cheers. was un-aware of that injury