(Updating..) Luigi 2012 - Italian Stallions ( PLEASE )

Started by Luigi197, December 13, 2011, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

((UPDATING ON FUTURE POSTS))!!!

Hey everyone! Luigi is back and ready for the 2012 season! Here is my first draft for my team. I chose my premiums with my current knowledge and prediction of next year's forms; but the rookies are not all that good. For the rookies i literally looked at a few websites and saw the names they suggested. I didn't really read up on the rookies, i just got some to fill the spot that wouldn't look to embarrassing for my first draft. So please point out better rookie suggestions, and also suggest reasons why some that i chose would not do to well, backing yourself up with some stats or facts about the team they play in or the players themselves. I have tried not to pick too many GWS players, but if you feel that there are some must-have's, that i don't have, please feel free to point them out. I have only chosen 1 or 2 mid-pricers, as i am unsure of them, and don't really see any gold-mine mid-pricers to get with my current knowledge. I am always a bit iffy about the structure of my team, so please put some suggestions of better structures. Also, i have not put any consideration into Dual-Position players, and the byes.
So please feel free to add in any information that i must be aware of as a 2012 SuperCoach contestant. I finished ranked 7702 last year.

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Adcock, C. Yarran, D. Heppell, A. Tomlinson, B. Ellis, A. Forster
(B. Mihocek, M. Talia)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, S. Coniglio, D. Tyson, B. Crouch
(H. Crozier, J. O'Meara)
RUC: D. Petrie, D. Jolly
(B. Longer, T. Derickx)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Pavlich, L. Jones, J. Patton, J. Porplyzia, B. Kennedy
(J. Murdoch, D. Zorko)

CASH LEFT: $1,236,700

Thanks in advance, Luigi :)

---EDIT--- PS: Once i receive enough replies to fully grasp the tactics for season 2012, i will start actively responding in other threads as well :)

coolfugitiv0

I'd jump on Big Jon Brown. He's cheap, he's a proven performer, and he's had a full pre-season for the first time in a while.

Maybe consider upgrading some of your defenders? You have a fair amount fo cash left over, another premium would be good, what about Deledio or Goddard?

Hippo

You dont earn interest on that cash left!

Luigi197

Hmm... Jono Brown would be tempting, since i do have the cash, and i am starting a lot of rookies.
And come to think of it, I probably should use the cash on one of my defenders but I don't think i have any faith in St Kilda, so i think Ellis for Deledio sounds good.

Quote from: Hippo on December 13, 2011, 05:56:39 PM

And what would this mean?

----

Thanks! :)

Luigi197

Quote from: Hippo on December 13, 2011, 05:56:39 PM
And what would this mean?

----------------------------------------------
oh right... i get it.. ;)

You want me to use the money.
on to it! :D

Doyle

Crouch from Adelaide? He's not going to be playing until next year as he is only 17. Spend a bit of that cash around and then I'll give a proper analysis  ;)

Ringo

Interesting set up Luigi - If looking at upgrades and this is just my opinion I would not start the season with Goodes.  As we know he comes home with a wet sail so is the perfect upgrade target so long as timing is right,  I reckon from Round 9 or 10.

Luigi197

Quote from: Ringo on December 13, 2011, 07:09:33 PM
Interesting set up Luigi - If looking at upgrades and this is just my opinion I would not start the season with Goodes.  As we know he comes home with a wet sail so is the perfect upgrade target so long as timing is right,  I reckon from Round 9 or 10.

I see what you are saying.
I believe that IS what he does, but sometimes i do like to hope of a change.
But since everyone else i imagine is doing the same, than i guess i should as well.

Luigi197

OK So i have updated my team by using the cash, and taking in any points mentioned,

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, C. Yarran, D. Heppell, B. Stratton, A. Tomlinson
(S. Docherty, M. Talia)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, S. Coniglio, D. Tyson, C. Wingard
(B. Moles, H. Crozier)
RUC: D. Petrie, D. Jolly
(B. Longer, T. Derickx)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, L. Jones, J. Patton, S. Gumbleton
(J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy)

CASH LEFT: $122,300

Newly made thoughts?

Ringo

I still think starting 3 rookies in the mids is a risk.  As I have said in other posts watch the pre season and select based on form and team selections. You may come up with better and cheaper options than Wingard or Coniglio.

Giles or Stephenson would be a better ruck prospect than Longer as I do not expect him to get much game time at Lions with the trading in of Hudson to support Berger.

Probably also not fussed on Gumbleton but stranger things have happened in SC

Ziplock

someone said before that gumbleton went into surgery again...

coolfugitiv0

Ziplock

I heard he had like recent shoulder surgery or something... if it was the back surgery, then that's old news... 

Luigi197

Yes I agree, Gumby is an interesting option. I have chosen him for his low price, and because he has had surgery in order to get rid of his niggling problems. I am pretty sure therefore that would allow him to get a pre-season under his belt, and hopefully have a breakout year.

Starting 3 rookies is a risk, and therefore i think i will trade Tyson to a mid-pricer. So if that mid-pricer fails, i can downgrade him if needs be, otherwise i will watch his price rise. Any midfield mid-pricer suggestions? Currently thinking Kane Lucas?

And yes Ringo, i think i now agree with Longer not getting enough game time, and since you mention two possibilities there, i will also take out Derickx, as i don't think he will get game time either.

Hippo

hahaha he is a low price for a reason! because hes shower and can't stay on the field!!!

Gumby breakout yr...please!

rest of the team is pretty good buyt i would change Jolly too someone higher with the money left... his best is behind him