(Updating..) Luigi 2012 - Italian Stallions ( PLEASE )

Started by Luigi197, December 13, 2011, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badsetanta

yeah definately christensen over fasolo

you cound pick up shiel from gws cheaper and could score well

Luigi197

Quote from: badsetanta on February 01, 2012, 09:41:55 PM
yeah definately christensen over fasolo

you cound pick up shiel from gws cheaper and could score well

Thought so.

wow. so many options form GWS. should investigate that. especially in NAB cup.

badsetanta

dont forget about james mcdonald too...a must have at 106k
a safer bet than most of the first rounders

Jay

Quote from: badsetanta on February 01, 2012, 09:48:18 PM
He's 37????

badsetanta

i dont care if he's 47 , he'll play and he will score

dont get him then see how u go 8)

Luigi197

Quote from: Jayman on February 01, 2012, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: badsetanta on February 01, 2012, 09:48:18 PM
He's 37????
Valid point(s), i am seriously considering him.

The fact that he is 37 however i think does not matter, as the young guns want to have experience around them, so he will play. Plus they didn't sign him for no reason, otherwise they could've nabbed someone else that actually wouldve played.
And previous years has shown he can play fair footy, and at such a cheap price with that experience, a must have as his value with flyyy (up btw ;D).

Luigi197

Here is my updated team. I have put further thought into it, and have done a more research.

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, M. Clarke, P. Bower, S. Docherty
(B. Ellis, J. Bootsma)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Watson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, J. Mcdonald
(C. Wingard, C. Smith)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, T. West
(J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, D. Martin, J. Brown, L. Dahlaus, J. Porplyzia, B. Dick
(D. Zorko, S. Rowe)

CASH LEFT: $45,000

A few questionable picks whom I would like commented on: Bower at 157k, Dahlaus at 355k, and Dick at 119k.

I thank you in advance for the assistance in my team. The help is really appreciated :)
Luigi.

Jay

Hey mate...you've got a good team, few little things you can work on, ill break it down by position (i wont comment on rookies because there are a lot of ??? until nab

Def: not to sure about birchall or broughton....maybe grab grimes and heppel instead of these 2??? Will free up cash as well, h.shaw is also a good option for your backs...

Mid: good mids!!! Might be some better premium option than swan and watson....pendlebury/murphy/jelwood/priddis...but your just spitting hairs there

Ruc: i have leunberger, think he'll be a star this year and fairly unique...west is an interesting one...your sort of in between going for the premium/mid-price structure......and the premium/rookie structure..........choose which structure you wont and then either upgrade west to mcintosh or downgrade him to a rookie (maybe rowe and then get a better fwd rookie)

Fwd: dahlhaus and dick are interesting ones, dick may be worth the punt but lukey is just a bit too expensive at this stage, money could be spent better else where IMO

Would you be able to have a quick look over my team? http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46721.0.html

Luigi197

Cheers Jay! :)

Come NAB cup i will decide on Broughton and Birchall, but i certainly agree that Grimes and Heppel would free up cash. Not completely sold on Heppell yet but will see. Oh, and i dont have Shaw because i already have Marty Clarke. I think that having both i think would spell trouble.
I like my mids, Watson is the only one that could potentially change.
I think wanting a certain structure shouldn't matter, as long as it gets you the points. So as Berger is a must have, and West being pretty much the only functioning ruckman at the Cats, i think he is gold.
Dahly is my unique at the current time. I was debating whether to find money and to upgrade him to Petrie, but i think i wanted a unique in there, but NAB Cup will assist me.

Cheers, I will rate your team shortly :)

Jay

No probs mate

IMO heppel will gun it this year, has bulked up alot and can only get better! I have shaw and clarke and im not worried but its up to you :) i agree your mids are good and dont get me wrong jobe is a gun but imo there are better options out there, maybe go priddis, just as good (probably better) and still fairly unique. Yeah i agree your rucks will score some good points, and unique!!! If you got faith in west then by all means, lock him in :D i suggest christensen instead of dahl, still unique and at same price but will be a better point scorer this year imo. Yeah all you can do now is wait till nab mate, thats what ill be doing, and im sure a heap of changes will come after that :P

Best of luck

P.S wouldnt get petrie ;)

Luigi197

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: badsetanta on February 01, 2012, 11:17:30 PM
i dont care if he's 47 , he'll play and he will score

dont get him then see how u go 8)

i'll pass thanks  ;)

Luigi197

Jay

Backline needs another mid-pricer just to break it up a bit, maybe brian lake???

Still a few ??? around west and roo but you obviosly have faith in them.

Good luck :)

Luigi197

Have updated my team again :)

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, B. Ellis
(B. Smedts, J. Bootsma)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, K. Stevens, C. Smith
(D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, T. West
(J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, D. Pfeiffer
(D. Zorko, S. Rowe)

CASH LEFT: $14,800

I thank you in advance for the assistance in my team. The help is really appreciated :)
Luigi :)