(Updating..) Luigi 2012 - Italian Stallions ( PLEASE )

Started by Luigi197, December 13, 2011, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Hippo on December 14, 2011, 12:25:21 PM
hahaha he is a low price for a reason! because hes shower and can't stay on the field!!!

Gumby breakout yr...please!

rest of the team is pretty good buyt i would change Jolly too someone higher with the money left... his best is behind him

Gumby's had a few injuries, only playing 5 games in his first 3 years at AFL level due to injury.
But the Bombers have held onto him. They obviously rate him.

Luigi197

I will have to look very closely at Gumby's pre-season training. It is a risk and can be easily changed.

What are the best ruck combinations and why?

Luigi197

Ringo

With Rucks I am looking at who has the best pre season out of Berger, Cox, Sandi and Mummy to pick 2 prems to go with Giles and Stephenson on my bench -  Only problem being byes with Brisbane GWS and West Coast all having byes in Round 11.  May need to look at R/F DPP with Kreuzer, Clark or Petrie for cover.

Luigi197

ATM i haven't put a whole lot of thought into it, but i know i should.

Ideally, i will want at least one B/C link, C/F link, and R/F link. meaning i have one of those in each respected position.
That would help me cover for injuries, general soreness etc. but for the wicked 3 bye rounds, are there league matches or not? If there are, i will have consider more than just MPP links, i will proobably have to watch the amount of players from each team; plus if there are league matches, and the only way to really cover for the doughnuts effectively is to do to m0nty's idea in the blog, then im not sure i want to go to all that effort. If there are no league matches however in the 3 rounds of byes; i think just MPP should help me cover 0's enough.

?

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Ringo on December 19, 2011, 10:55:18 PM
With Rucks I am looking at who has the best pre season out of Berger, Cox, Sandi and Mummy to pick 2 prems to go with Giles and Stephenson on my bench -  Only problem being byes with Brisbane GWS and West Coast all having byes in Round 11.  May need to look at R/F DPP with Kreuzer, Clark or Petrie for cover.

Cox/Mummy
Cox/Sandi
Sandi/Berger
Mummy/Berger

Still some pretty decent combo's. I myself will be watching Berger and Sandi closely this pre season.

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 19, 2011, 11:19:40 PM
ATM i haven't put a whole lot of thought into it, but i know i should.

Ideally, i will want at least one B/C link, C/F link, and R/F link. meaning i have one of those in each respected position.
That would help me cover for injuries, general soreness etc. but for the wicked 3 bye rounds, are there league matches or not? If there are, i will have consider more than just MPP links, i will proobably have to watch the amount of players from each team; plus if there are league matches, and the only way to really cover for the doughnuts effectively is to do to m0nty's idea in the blog, then im not sure i want to go to all that effort. If there are no league matches however in the 3 rounds of byes; i think just MPP should help me cover 0's enough.

?

Yep, League matches are on during the byes. We get three trades to work with however during each of those weeks.

Luigi197

What seems to be the most popular approach then to deal with the byes?

Take it as it comes and make use of the three trades.
Prepare with MPP
Prepare with m0nty's structure thingo mentioned in the blog.
Multiple of above?

------

I think Sandi's toe issue is starting to bug me, and i also think that maybe, just maybe, his time is up...
Mumford i think looks good, as does Petrie.
Apparently Berger wont get much game time, let alone SC points, and i think i must agree.
Cox seems more likely...

Ringo

Use a combo of the above still trying to worlk out the best way to go whether 8/11/11 as per monty or come up with own variation based on team structure.

Do not know where you are getting Berger will not be getting game time.  Even though Brisbane recruited Longer and Hudson Berger was always going tio be the first ruck for the season.

Luigi197

Quote from: Ringo on December 20, 2011, 11:40:16 AM
Do not know where you are getting Berger will not be getting game time.  Even though Brisbane recruited Longer and Hudson Berger was always going tio be the first ruck for the season.

Woops. my mistake, i was thinking Longer instead of Berger!! :-[ :-[ sorry

Yeah. Berger i think would be a good idea as well.

Luigi197

I still am baffled in how to deal with the byes, because i really dont want to re-organise my team for round 1, just for the byes, with this 8/11/11 structure. I'd rather work with MPP, but not sure if that will be as affective, and if everyone else will be doing it...

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 20, 2011, 11:50:25 AM
I still am baffled in how to deal with the byes, because i really dont want to re-organise my team for round 1, just for the byes, with this 8/11/11 structure. I'd rather work with MPP, but not sure if that will be as affective, and if everyone else will be doing it...

This is just my two cents, but I'm only going to organise my starting keepers for the byes. I plan on having most of the rookies downgraded/upgraded by then.
You don't necessarily have to have your entire team planned out for the byes from round 1 - just a few players.

Unless of course your going mostly mid pricers, and then you may have to do a bit more thinking.

j959

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 13, 2011, 05:07:33 PM
TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Adcock, C. Yarran, D. Heppell, A. Tomlinson, B. Ellis, A. Forster
(B. Mihocek, M. Talia)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, S. Coniglio, D. Tyson, B. Crouch
(H. Crozier, J. O'Meara)
RUC: D. Petrie, D. Jolly
(B. Longer, T. Derickx)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, M. Pavlich, L. Jones, J. Patton, J. Porplyzia, B. Kennedy
(J. Murdoch, D. Zorko)

CASH LEFT: $1,236,700
Hey Luigi, i'm gonna be harsh!  ;)
(and you wouldn't want it any other way)   :D

-0.5 for Heater/Adcock combo - just way too unpredictable as your top 2 prem defenders - I get that you are going high-risk/reward but i've scaled the -1 taking that into account.  ;)
-0.25 for Coniglio/Tyson rookie costs - get that you want solid rookies but thinking that you may get better value for similar risk elsewhere - also kept in mind that this is prob just a structural thing for you so Conglio/Tyson interchangeable with whoever looks best pre-rd1, so scaled down from -0.5
-1 for starting ruck combo! Petrie may be solid but not a lot of upside this year imo. Don't think Jolly is worth the risk, think his time past and is on the downward slide
-0.25 Longer not going to be worth the 1st rd rookie premium (predict you will go Orren/Giles instead)
-0.5 Goodes/Pav start, may be better in-season pickups? - you're missing some C/F luv in this line too.  ;)

Total above nets you a harsh 7.5 - so you're looking pretty good but know you will make a thousand and 1 changes before rd1!  :o   ;)

good luck mate!

Luigi197

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, Z. Dawson, B. Lake, A. Tomlinson
(J. Webberley, M. Talia)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, K. Lucas, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard
(S. Docherty, D. Zorko)
RUC: J. Roughead, T. West
(J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, C. Dixon, A. Saad
(B. Smedts, S. Rowe)

CASH LEFT: $71,600

Thank you everyone for kindly putting in your thoughts. This is now my updated team with updated prices, and after taking into accounts most comments made (sorry if i either disagreed, or forgot some of the points mentioned in the editing of my team). Once again, i state that i do not know much about rookies, so if there are any that i must have in order to go with the flow, or if there are any in my current team that spells disaster, please feel free to point it out! Now before some of you rip apart my team, i will point out a few players that you may critisise, and why i chose them, but do remember that i may be wrong! Zac Dawson - New club, same manager, you cant get much better than that. He has high potential, and did show a lot of what he can do. I hear a good season from him. He his middle-priced, so he may end up getting upgraded. Brian Lake - At that price, hard to resist. He is a star player, we have seen what he can do, and with his injuries and bad seasons over and done with, this big boy may be back! Kane Lucas - Not completely sold on him, but is in a similar situation to Dawson, as he can rise in price, and can only improve on his good seasons for average SC points. Jarryd Roughead - Hawthorn are a team that is always improving. Roughead may not actually play ruck full time, but when he does, he is a big boy, so don't be surprised if he win a lot of ruck contests. Up forward, we've seen the damage he can do, no explanation needed. Trent West - He is now Geelong's number one ruckman i think it is safe to assume. With still a stellar team behind team, i think he will do the job both on the field, and with SC. With improvement, he will learn how to safely tap the ball to Selwood for example. Also; don't forget, that i did put a little thought into the byes. What i have done, is made sure that i have no more than 3 players from the one team, and i have ensure that i have all MPP's through Deledio & Docherty, Tomilson & Smedts, Fyfe/Martin & Zorko, and Roughead & Rowe. I have also gone close to m0nty's suggested 8/11/11, with 9/9/12.

I thank you in advance for the assistance in my team :)
Luigi.

Bloods

Backs: Pretty solid just not sold on Dawson

Mids: Can't fault good work

Rucks: Heard Roughy isn't going to be back untill round 6

Forwards: I think Browny is past it now there is more upside to some one like Mitch Robinson

9/10  8)

Luigi197

Dawson can be switched if really proves to be a disaster pre-season, but i see while you and others would not be sold on him.

Not Roughy :o Any one else heard of this!? Because if thats true, i might have to switch him to Cox, Sandi etc., but since that would remove DPP, i would have to switch Stephenson to one of the rookie R/F, even if they dont play.

Browny to Robinson would seem ideal at this moment in time, but i think i want to wait untill middle January, i think, untill i decide on players like Brown, Lake and Porplyzia.

Thanks!! :)