Fyfe or Beams

Started by stew42, December 13, 2011, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to pick in ma forwards???

Fyfe
Beams
Both :)

stew42

Whadda we reckon fellas? Fyfe and Beams both had fairly epic years in 2011, Beams averaging 101, Fyfe averaging 98

Is Beams firmly in the Pies best midfield (which has Swan, Pendles, Thomas, Ball to name a few)
Fyfe is definitely in the best 22. Will Lyon give him a Riewoldt-esque role, being a forward that moves into the mids occasionally?
Collingwood and Freo both share the same bye round, so no impact there...

At this point I am leaning towards Beams

valkorum

Why not have both in your team ;)

stew42

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 01:05:31 PM
Why not have both in your team ;)
I've worked with my forwards a bit.
Due to cash, it's gone from Franklin, Fyfe, Cloke, Adams
to
Franklin, Beams, Fyfe, J Roo
Any better?

valkorum

I dont like J Roo.  Dangermouse at $3k more could be a good option.  Looks like he was starting to get more midfield time this year.

stew42

Just realised I could go Knights. Would he do better than D-mouse?

valkorum

Knights and Dangermouse are both better options than J Roo (IMO)

Holz

if gibbs and hartlett aren't backs im thinking it might an idea to load the forwards this year

Franklin, Cloke, Sidebottom, Beams, Robinson, Brown, Rookie

the only problem is the byes and i would be tempted to drop cloke before the other 2.

To answer the question Beams or Fyfe for me beams all the way, im worried about freos injured players coming back, the only reason i would choose fyfe over beams is if fyfe has a huge nab or the fact cloke and side bottom are also in consideration.

Flame

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 01:40:46 PM
I dont like J Roo.  Dangermouse at $3k more could be a good option.  Looks like he was starting to get more midfield time this year.

Agree with Valk, but I thought he talk up Fyfey a bit more!!!

valkorum

Quote from: Flame on December 13, 2011, 06:35:41 PM
Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 01:40:46 PM

Agree with Valk, but I thought he talk up Fyfey a bit more!!!

Keeping low key during pre-season (like I did last pre-season) ;)

elephants

I'd like to say both but I'm only going with beams.

Holz

I just want to higlight his 123 average from his last 5, not bad for a 21 year old forward. I was going to make a huge risk and pick him in my  mid im a little annoyed that most people will have him. I was leaning on taking a risk and not going fyfe in the hope he would only average around 90 but im now thinking of going both and sidebottom. I will have to drop cloke but DT is all about getting as many gun mids as possible.

elephants

Beams isn't in my team despite what I wrote earlier. With Cloke, Steve J and Sidebum in my fwd line and Swan, Pendles and Jewlood in my midfield he won't fit in with the byes.

Doyle

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 01:53:22 PM
Knights and Dangermouse are both better options than J Roo (IMO)

The Dangermouse isn't very consistent, whereas in 2010 JRoo had some ridiculous 100+ point streak. I'd rather JRoo if he is fully fit which he wasn't this season 

Chopps

why did beams miss so many games?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on December 14, 2011, 09:12:38 AM
Beams isn't in my team despite what I wrote earlier. With Cloke, Steve J and Sidebum in my fwd line and Swan, Pendles and Jewlood in my midfield he won't fit in with the byes.

would you go beams over cloke though, cloke is obviously more volatile and you could pick him up cheap at some stage after the bye, thats my reasoning for beams over cloke. Also i think beams could average potentially simular to gibbs this year.