Main Menu

Welcome Zac Dawson

Started by valkorum, December 13, 2011, 12:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Fremantle has selected Zac Dawson with their pick in the PSD.  (Will post article when it becomes available)

j959

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 12:04:46 PM
Fremantle has selected Zac Dawson with their pick in the PSD.  (Will post article when it becomes available)
do you really want him that much valk??!  ???

did i hear the rumours correctly - just under $3mill over 3yrs?!??!  :o

valkorum

I am actually happy with this pick as he is (imo) an upgrade on Grover and he will be around longer.  I heard $1 million over 3 years.

j959

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 12:35:51 PM
I am actually happy with this pick as he is (imo) an upgrade on Grover and he will be around longer.  I heard $1 million over 3 years.
sorry, I lost my mind for a bit - that's what i heard too - $1mill over 3yrs, but still - where does that put him in relation to what Fyfey would be getting?? you'd give a fair premium to Fyfe over Dawson yeah??  ???

valkorum

Fyfe is a 2 year player where as Dawson has played for 5 years (and 3 grand finals).  $300k a season is not a lot for that type of player with his experience.  Dawson plays a role which is what Ross will want from him.  Fyfe will prob earn more (in time) than Dawson but for now Fyfe is still a youngster developing his game.

chatters24

Dawson still remains the easy whipping boy of the AFL it seems, however I thinks its uncalled for. He has got the experience that many 28 year olds don't have. His been dragged through the mud, played on monsters and played in the one game that every player dreams of, more than once! I think he's worth the money!

Cicjose

Im not convinced of his ability.....

however if he can make our defence stronger with his ability 1 v 1 and allow us to make the next step who knows

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on January 09, 2012, 02:19:38 PM

however if he can make our defence stronger with his ability 1 v 1 and allow us to make the next step who knows

Is there anyone's ability your convinced of?

Cicjose

Pavlich up forward

Tom Hawkins

Travis Varcoe

Scott Thompson......

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on January 09, 2012, 03:17:17 PM
Pavlich up forward

Tom Hawkins

Travis Varcoe

Scott Thompson......

Tom Hawkins - are you kidding me?  Hawkins plays 1 good game in the grand final and all of sudden he becomes a star.  He was nearly dropped - even Chris Scott admitted that after the grand final.

the flying hawk

a win for Freo Zac Dawson will bulk up the defense and Dawson was smart he left a sinking ship

valkorum

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 02:58:19 PM

And I did mean anyone from Freo - not the competition.

Cicjose

Nat Fyfe

Hayden Ballantyne

Pavlich

Sandilands

Mundy

Silvangi

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 06:06:27 PM
Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 02:58:19 PM

And I did mean anyone from Freo - not the competition.

To be fair it's a tough question. There aren't many at freo that jump out at you as convincers ;)

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on January 09, 2012, 06:49:22 PM
To be fair it's a tough question. There aren't many at freo that jump out at you as convincers ;)

Go back to your champagne Ele :P