Gibbs MID only in 2012

Started by Hippo, December 12, 2011, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hippo

meow meow

I hope so. Can't have all of Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio due to the byes.

YEP, that's what it says about Gibbs. Mid only by the looks of it.

Sidebottom, Beams, Robinson, Winderlich have all been given MPP status as forward/mids.

Maca24

Don't know about beams or sidey, since most people will want Cloke.
I'll give Winderlich a look though  8)

Torpedo10

Dayne Beams is a DPP? If so he is a lock in my team.

PurpleArmy

Why dont they just put Goddard, Enright and Lids MID only too and we'll have no premos in the backline....stupid idea. Maybe Hodge will be back to DEF/MID then...hmmmmmm

meow meow

Lake had a holiday last year but he'll be back in 2012.

And let's not forget about Drummond.

People are still ignoring Scotland.

Also, who says Gibbs will be a mid? He might only be a Back.

PurpleArmy

Technically it doesnt say anything about him being MID at all, it just says Gibbs loses his DPP and can only be selected.......................................and then it stops. so he could only be a DEF next year

elephants

Good pick up PA.
Also morabito is just a forward.

Holz

Quote from: Maca24 on December 12, 2011, 05:22:57 PM
Don't know about beams or sidey, since most people will want Cloke.
I'll give Winderlich a look though  8)

beams averaged more than cloke, for me its an easy choice between the two beams locked and loaded.

It did say like hodge he lost his dpp which would hint he is only a mid. He really could be either or in fact even a forward, its for that reason he should never have lost his dpp. I have a feeling if he averaged 95 instead of 107 he wouldt have lost his dpp. I think VS saw his average and didnt want that from a defender so they will make him a mid.

I hope im wrong though, also im using DT stats as those scores will affect his postion as its a DT change causing the SC change.

Ringo

With Gibbs now Mid only is he a lock in mids. How do you think he will stack up against Ablett, Pendles, Swann and more importantly with Carlton Murphy and Judd.  Is he a definite mid for SC Teams?

Patrician

I can't see me picking Gibbs over Murhphy/Judd. He'd have to improve his average by a good 10 points to compete.

Torress

so we only get gibbs as a defender once (2011) - spewin!

but the article (i think?) doesn't say if he'll be a back or a mid? you would presume just a mid but i thought he played mostly as halfback in 2011 - could be just a back? i've heard somewhere deledio could be just a back also cos he played mostly on half backline? and the talk is he'll spend more time within midfield in 2012. (deledio locked in a big way)

i would not select gibbs if he is a mid only - fullstop.

coolfugitiv0

"Many coaches jumped on board dual-position players (DPP) last season - that is, players who can be selected in more than one position and can be moved on the field during the week.

Next season the new trade screen will allow coaches to trade players for someone in a different position - providing you have a DPP player to cover them.

For example, if you want to trade out midfielder Scott Pendlebury (for some reason) until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Pendlebury from your midfield, switch a DPP player who can play in the midfield (say, def/mid Bryce Gibbs) into the middle, and trade in a defender - effectively swapping a midfielder for a defender.

This presents a whole new set of possibilities and opportunities for smart coaches."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-2012-rules-revealed/story-fn88c7kz-1226223813665

Hmmmm...

Bluesman

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on December 16, 2011, 03:35:33 PM
"Many coaches jumped on board dual-position players (DPP) last season - that is, players who can be selected in more than one position and can be moved on the field during the week.

Next season the new trade screen will allow coaches to trade players for someone in a different position - providing you have a DPP player to cover them.

For example, if you want to trade out midfielder Scott Pendlebury (for some reason) until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Pendlebury from your midfield, switch a DPP player who can play in the midfield (say, def/mid Bryce Gibbs) into the middle, and trade in a defender - effectively swapping a midfielder for a defender.

This presents a whole new set of possibilities and opportunities for smart coaches."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-2012-rules-revealed/story-fn88c7kz-1226223813665

Hmmmm...
Understand what you're saying but probably a better example would be a dud rookie defender to swap for a gun rookie defender for example!

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Bluesman on December 17, 2011, 09:56:00 AM
Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on December 16, 2011, 03:35:33 PM

Hmmmm...
Understand what you're saying but probably a better example would be a dud rookie defender to swap for a gun rookie defender for example!

This is from the Herald Sun website, explaining the 2012 rules for the Supercoach season.
I put the important part in bold/underline, it says DEF/MID Bryce Gibbs.
They are saying he's still DPP...