Previous topic - Next topic

THOUGHTS

lock
currently in FP team
wait for NAB
BURNT me way too many times (no)

Ziplock

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 14, 2012, 07:59:23 PM
He shows patches of brilliance and then ...........

chews on his mouth guard again?

Football Factory

Quote from: Ziplock on January 14, 2012, 08:04:24 PM
He shows patches of brilliance and then ...........

chews on his mouth guard again?
BINGO !!!!!   .......pmsl.... :P

PurpleArmy

He has this most annoying habit of chewing on his mouthguard   >:(  . He shows patches of brilliance and then ...........
Haha! I know hey he must go through so many in a season, everyone will notice it next time he lines up for a goal

Purple 77

hmmm, seems an interesting unique. Obviously if he keeps up his form from his second half of the year then he is a mighty good find. Well, you would think Port Adelaide would improve a little right? Then surely he could start scoring better in that case

Manbearpig

Port shares a bye with Hawthorn, Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda. There's no way I would pick Gray over Franklin, Martin, Robinson and Riewoldt.

jballstars

wouldnt touch him with a 10ft pole mate ever ever ever

Colliwobblers

Hearing a lot of good things about him, seeing him in teams, expecting him to lift his average, yet still have so many better options, pass for me

elephants

Quote from: Manbearpig on January 15, 2012, 12:45:08 AM
Port shares a bye with Hawthorn, Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda. There's no way I would pick Gray over Franklin, Martin, Robinson and Riewoldt.
Don't do it often but in this case i must...
+1

Windigo

The much maligned player from Port Adelaide enjoyed his most successful season yet. Managing 22 games and a healthy 82 dream team point average.

Only one of a very select few you would even dream of picking from Port. But if Gray has full bill of health leading into round 1 and some solid NAB performances you could do a lot worse than picking this bloke.

Stats:

Age: 23 ~ So young yet he has been talked about for so long....Well it seems that way.  ::)

Draft Pick: 55 ~ Fairly high and Port should be delighted about the bargain they got themselves.

Matches 2011: 22 ~ Career best in terms of just getting out on the field. Only 2 Port players to play every game...How's that for irony! :P

Disposals Per Game 2011: 18 ~ Very good considering he started the year more as a FWD.

Position: Forward/Midfield ~ Can it get any better? I'm considering getting him as an unique Mid/Fwd option.

Player Type: All rounder (Pressure Has No affect on him) ~ Slays goals, get's the hard ball and 4 tackles a game. 89% of ball use was under pressure......   ::)

Fan Planner Price: $402, 000 ~ This is very tempting IMO. Cheaper than say a Zaha...

Draw Difficulty: 3rd most difficult

"Expert" Opinion: Potential gun who could be a great unique option.

Prospectus Rating: Unique Gem!

Scores to take note of: 100, 102, 120, 105, 131 & 102.

Champion Data Player Rating: Above Average for his DPP spot.

Slow start to the year but in the second half he slayed. From 13 he scored at least 78. I think this was when he began playing in the middle.

At Port last year he was ranked number one for score involvements and scoreboard impact. When he was moved into the guts he gathered at least 19 possessions every game.

Chance of me getting him:

~ If Primus has half a brain he would see that Gray slays in the midfield and make him play there full time and rest up forward. Much like D-Mart.  ;) If I see that in NAB....It's a done deal.  ;)

Will I get Him? ~ 6.5/10. It depends where he plays. But I think for how good he could be. His price is pretty decent IMO.

8)

The F.A.R.K.

Id say he has round a 15 to 20% chance of making my team. He has serious body issues and i dont mean a bung shoulder or knee he gets general soreness after just half a game of football. This has been a major problem during his career and there fore he has had to play a mixture of mid time and fwd time. To score well he needs to play mainly mids and i really doubt his body could cope

MGK1

mezzoculo

Quote from: MGK1 on January 31, 2012, 05:43:24 PM
Ill pick him if he plays without a mouthguard.

I'll pick him when he doesn't play for Port...

Windigo

I'll pick him if he slays at a 100+ average during NAB.

Colliwobblers

good write up again windy, wish you would do a LOT more, but you just added another one to my nab cup radar. thanks.

Colliwobblers

you sold me on GRay for SC my friend but then I find he is 490K omg, what a shame, still went both trengove and armstrong for my SC hoping to see some others from you given the quality of your first 3.....