Started by Yoshi, December 10, 2011, 11:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THOUGHTS

lock
currently in FP team
wait for NAB
BURNT me way too many times (no)

Yoshi

Just been looking through some of the forward scores from 2011 & noticed from rd 13 Robbie Gray avg 96.8 with a lowest score of 78 & high of 131. He also had 5 over 100 scores in this time.
I know he plays for Port which throws most people off along with past injuries but if he stays fit could possibly be a smokie for 2012.
Just wondering people thoughts going by his 2nd half the year scores.

RiOtChEsS

been on most pplz radar for a couple of years now like Dangerfield as a breakout player... take some cojones to pick him

ronl

He's let me down a couple times, don't think I'll give him a chance to make it three.

CuStArDaRm

This kid definitive is a gun in the making but as you say he plays for port. If they look like having any improvement I may consider him but they are fvckin terrible so hard to pick him.
After that game against the Dons where he had 40 posi's and 4 goals I am super tempted.
Cant see any reason why he couldn't keep his late season form other than Port being sh!T so as is he isn't in my team.

Doyle

He's a talented player who just hasn't performed consistently. Hopefully he can have a solid year averaging 90+ and I might consider him the year after next

me

thoughts on this guy? there doesn't seem to be any mention of him and doesn't feature in any draft teams at all?

he had a top year last year, finally got his body together and played a lot through the midfield, and ended the season strongly. really tempted to take a punt on him, seems very gary ablettesque (small forward moving midfield and tearing it up) and should average 90+ u'd think, especially if port can be more competitive

elephants

Too many forwards for me. Already having problems fitting all my wanted players in as well as rookies.

Virgil

I think Robbie's got about as much upside as any of the other C/F players available, but those of us who've been playing for a few years will be wary of Robbie because he's burned us before.  I do agree with you though that I think he has finally gotten himself right.  Primus has done good things for him and I honestly expect him to be right up there in terms of top forwards for 2012.  There is a lot of value available this year though, and his bye is a bit awkward depending on who else you want.

ronl

Robbie has burnt me twice.  No way.

Chopps

nah not for me, have seen him burn others and i am not that confident picking him plus i have more options that put him out of contention

Windigo

He still upped his average last year. I too expect that to improve again. I've never had him in my team so I've never been burned by him. But I know enough to think you'd be sweating on every game if you had him in from the start.

bowyanger

locked in

played international rules so is at peak fitness

DT-SC

averaged 81.8 over 21 games, yeah not bad but not brilliant...... however over the first 7 games he averaged a low 62 and over the remaining 14 rounds he scored: 100, 83, 35 (terrible), 85, 89 92, 102, 120, 105, 85, 78, 90, 78, 131, 102 ...averaged= 92! they are some impressive numbers IMO (barring the 35) .....he tonned it up 6 times over the 14 games..... ive never been burnt by him so he is currently sitting in my forward line (5 F) 
if fit, with and improving side i believe he can average around 85-90, keep in mind the tons didnt come against top 4 material but the likes of, freo, essendon, lions, st kilda, melbourne twice

just wanted to start a thread ;D

Football Factory

He has this most annoying habit of chewing on his mouthguard   >:(  . He shows patches of brilliance and then ...........

Windigo

A must watch. Is he a Mid/Fwd?