In need of advice ! Help me please!!!!!

Started by hotmail2, December 09, 2011, 12:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotmail2

Hey guys would you please give me some feed back as this is my first attempt for next year and how important is multi position players as i have tried to fit a few in to try and avoid to many trades thanks look forward to your comments  8)

TEAM NAME: brads boys 2
DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, B. Waters, J. Bennell, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, H. Scotland, A. Goodes, M. Barlow, J. Brennan (C. Wingard, D. Smith)
RUC: T. West, M. Kreuzer (I. Maric, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. LeCras, M. Clark, L. Henderson, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (I. Folau, T. Elton)
CASH LEFT: $4,900

Ziplock

the annoying thing is, we can't figure the importance of mpp until we find the rules for the 2012 season with the byes. If they don't modify the rules, mpp and choice trading will factor in hugely. If they modify them enough for those 3 rounds, they might be essentially useless. Personally, I'm not going to try and base my team around it until I find out the specific rules.

onto your team I guess :P

Backs: I rate them down to water. Gibbs is a beast, same with Goddard who is underpriced. Shaw will be quite unique after burning a lot of coaches this year which could give you the edge, while lids could really step his game up with more midfield time as he's been earmarked to have. Bennell is a no-no imoI had him in 2010, and while I dunno about his on field game, he's a dt spud. Far better off using a rookie, or punting on like connors/ lake.

Mids: Ok, you've gone way too DPP heavy imo. At this stage, you need maybe one link in your mids to your forwards and backs. Swan and ablett I obviously rate, and Barlow at his price + the discount he should get, makes him a damn good pick. I'd be wary of both scotland and goodes' age/ over pricing, although their both beasts, you should really try to cut your risks as much as possible, especially considering goodes typical slow start and strong finish. Brennan seems to be solid for 80s, and I suppose there's a possibility of a 2nd break out year for him, but at his history, pricing and age there are probably better options (to establish he wont slide imo, but I don't see him lifting hugely).
Rucks: West- with monty taking out his discount, or the majority of it, I don't see the same value, especially with the recruitment of stephenson. Kreuzer I rate, but a lot of people don't- he's under priced, a first draft pick and imo can seriously fire this season. I think that maric is too pricey for a third ruck who won't play, especially as you have a dpp link with kreuz. Either put in stephenson, redden, or just some bottom priced rook.

Fowards: Franklin I rate. Fyfe, is fine enough as a pick, I'm just sick of deterring people from him, but ftr I can see him sliding. I put Lecras in the same place as Brennan, maybe a slightly better pick as he is younger, but still dont see a breakout as super likely. Clark I would be really wary of at a new club, and apart from the one year when he carried the lions ruck, has never been a prolific DTer. Henderson is pretty left field :S looks like a kpp forward, and his scores and pretty terrible... does not sound nice to me... Mora and porps I rate if, or close to, rookie priced.

honestly, that's a pretty bad team man. You've gone way too dpp heavy in the mids which will cost you. You've got a lot of mid pricers that are far more likely than not to fail, but I understand if you want to hold them. That being said, cut Bennell and Henderson now- they're deadweight, and probably downgrade maric.

DPP is good, but not at that level of sacrifice.

hotmail2

Hey fellow dt hopefulls let me know what you think of my team thanks appreciate it
Cheers , brad

TEAM NAME: brads guns
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, C. Pedersen, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (N. Brown, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Gibbs, M. Barlow, L. Shuey, L. Dunn (S. Coniglio, T. Mitchell)
RUC: S. Jacobs, M. Kreuzer (B. Longer, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, M. LeCras, P. Ryder, P. Puopolo, J. Brown, J. Patton (A. Morabito, I. Folau)
CASH LEFT: $500

hotmail2

Cheers for that , appreciate your imput , do you think its wise not to have a premo ruck?? cox , sandi golds etc and go with lower priced for possible upgrade later?

Cicjose

Pederson tears up VFL level but hasnt started well at AFL level

Gibbs should be in your backline
Lynden Dunn is not automatically chosen in melbourne's best 22

I dont see lecras, ryder or puopolo going into premium status and there are better choices than folau

7/10

you didnt have to make a second thread for a second team.......

mods please merge hotmail's threads into one

Ziplock

I can see value in it if you use the cash appropriately. Hmac is probably better value than west, and from memory, cheaper as well.

mmmm, to demonstrate the value of a bargain ruck line, check out the mock team I posted here

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45079.30.html

so yeah, I wouldn't say necessarily wise- for instance sandi is pretty undervalued, but it can work if you get your mid pricers right :)

hotmail2

ok made a few changes lets c what you think , cheers!

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, M. Hurley, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (N. Brown, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Goddard, M. Barlow, L. Shuey, L. Dunn (S. Coniglio, T. Mitchell)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, S. Sidebottom, P. Ryder, P. Puopolo, J. Brown, J. Patton (A. Morabito, I. Folau)
CASH LEFT: $12,100

hotmail2

ok updated hope its a bit better but who really knows ..... right lol

TEAM NAME: brads boys 2
DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, B. Waters, A. Toovey, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, B. Goddard, M. Pavlich, S. Sidebottom, M. Barlow (C. Wingard, D. Smith)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, J. Trengove (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, M. LeCras, P. Ryder, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (I. Folau, T. Elton)
CASH LEFT: $600

Ziplock

Quote from: hotmail2 on December 09, 2011, 01:44:01 AM

ok made a few changes lets c what you think , cheers!

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, M. Hurley, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (N. Brown, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Goddard, M. Barlow, L. Shuey, L. Dunn (S. Coniglio, T. Mitchell)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, S. Sidebottom, P. Ryder, P. Puopolo, J. Brown, J. Patton (A. Morabito, I. Folau)
CASH LEFT: $12,100

A lot better than your original team. Still some risky picks, but looks a lot stronger than originally. I hear a lot essendon fans really rate hurley, barlow and shuey are nice mid pricers, jacobs should be able to lift just a little more this year, sidebottom should be kept an eye on in pre-season, but if it looks like he's going to move into the mid even more sounds like a good pick. Ryder is nice as well, actually. Honestly, I like that team a lot. I agree though, lose dunn.

DT Gun

id drop hurley dunn kreuzer ryder puopolo, and i wouldnt pick shuey, he isnt gonna be a premium and he isnt gonna be a cash cow, he will be this awkward player that averages about 80-95 that you have to waste a trade on

DT Gun

ps drop longer for stephenson in your rucks

MTTY

Backs - Deledio, Gibbs and Shaw are all very good options to lead your defence. Waters could be a decent pickup, although beware of his injry history. The big plus is that you only have one injury prone player in your backline. Hurley is still developing as a KPP, and we haven't really had a glimpse that he is a good DT, the type of glimpse we had at times in scores by Jack Watts for example, however if you do pick Hurley he would be better served as a Forward to start as there are better options in defence. Buntine and Docherty both great rookie options, both should get games although i worry about GWS' policy on rotation (if they have one), also i see Buntine as turning out fantasy wise as either Toy or Heppell in his first year, Heppell is my prediction however. Morris is a solid option as a mature age player and coudl be dominant off the half back flank for the tigers. Nathan Brown is not suited to fantasy in the role he plays at Collingwood my advice is to look elsewhere.

Midfield - Pendlebury and Ablett are top gun mids, can't go wrong with them. I personally see Goddard better used as a backline player as there are better averaging midfielder than him. Barlow is a great addition based on his price compared to what he can produce. I don't like the pick of Dunn, he plays a tagging/KF role at Melbourne and that does not spell DT superstar. Shuey could go eitherway but for me at that price there are better options to consider. Coniglio and Mitchell both solid rookie options. Personally i would dump potentially Dunn and Shuey in place of rookies, at least one has to go i think.

Rucks - Jacobs is a very unique pick that i think will work very well. all though he isn't the best ruck, he is cheaper and could give you cash elsewhere and you could potentially upgrade to a fallen ruckman like Sandilands last year if need be. Kruezer is set to play as a KF mainly next year and in his first year in that role coudl reduce his DT scoring, however in saying that he could adapt very quickly and have a similar effect to Petrie. Giles and Longer are both good picks however i favour Stephenson in place of Longer due to the fact he may get more gametime and is cheaper.

Forwards - Franklin is a great choice even though he has a large susension record, he should be in the top 3 forwards in 2012. Chapman in my opinion will play a greater proportion forward in 2012 and after seeing him drift in and out of games playing mainly as one late last year i do not think he warrants selection for his starting price. The Sidebottom pick could go eitherway for me i am stayign clear as he played as what seemed to be a permant forward last year for Collingwood and can't see that role changing. Ryder once again another risky choice seeing as he struggled with consistency last season. Puopolo is priced awkwardly but as he showed last season he can score well, watch his pre-season closely. Brown is apparently having his best pre-season in 10 years, does that mean bigger DT score?? We will have to wait and see. Patton is a KPP, and they tend to struggle in their first few seasons, fantasy wise. But the one thing most KPP's aren't is Jon Patton, he is a massive unit and could be one that the rule doesn't apply to. Morabito very cheap and has a years experience compared to most rookies, could be a good pick. For me Falou isn't the greatest of picks especially as there are players like Zorko and Saad that you haven't picked.

hotmail2

ok have had a good think about this and think i have done ok here ? would appreciate your thoughts cheers! (a few adelaide players as they are the only team to play gws , gcsuns and port twice hoping this may get me some good scores ? thinking of sneaking tippet in , i know hes a real risk at the price but about time he broke out and a good draw helps! crows have port gws and suns in first 5 rounds so hope that gets me off to a big start .)

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, P. Hanley, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, P. Dangerfield, S. Coniglio (C. Wingard, T. Mitchell)
RUC: S. Jacobs, M. Kreuzer (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, N. Riewoldt, M. Hurley, J. Brown, J. Patton, A. Morabito (J. Porplyzia, A. Saad)
CASH LEFT: $5,100

Cicjose

gibbs no longer a backman apparently

j959

Quote from: Cicjose on December 12, 2011, 05:39:32 PM
gibbs no longer a backman apparently
ooh! am I gonna have to ride the Shaw rollercoaster early on??!?!   ;)