2012 W15 Pre-season Challenge Cup

Started by c4v3m4n, December 07, 2011, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothead

The Wellington Warriors have announced there Team for there inaugral match in the new World 15s competition we haqve taken the opportunity of it being the preseason competition to name a few younger players that may not be named as much through the regular season.

Backline: Alex Rance, Mitchell Golby, James Hawksley, Brandon Ellis
Midfield: Lenny Hayes (C) , Marc Murphy (VC), Isaac Smith, Elliot Kavanagh
Forwards: Jared Brennan, Robin Nahas, Taylor Walker, Patrick Wearden
Ruck: Jonathon Giles
Bench: Gerrick Weedon, Travis Colyer
EMERGENCIES: Leroy Jetta, Hamish Mcintosh, Sam Shaw

Justin Bieber

Quote from: pothead on March 01, 2012, 06:43:48 PM
The Wellington Warriors have announced there Team for there inaugral match in the new World 15s competition we haqve taken the opportunity of it being the preseason competition to name a few younger players that may not be named as much through the regular season.

Midfield: Lenny Hayes , Marc Murphy (C), Isaac Smith, Elliot Kavanagh

I thought lenny was your captain?

pothead

Quote from: whatlez on March 01, 2012, 06:45:41 PM
Quote from: pothead on March 01, 2012, 06:43:48 PM

Midfield: Lenny Hayes , Marc Murphy (C), Isaac Smith, Elliot Kavanagh

I thought lenny was your captain?
sorry got it mixed round accidentally  ::) but its fixed now 

c4v3m4n

Really apologise for my absence in the last few days with the friendlies so near.

Right, to business.

Friendlies MUST be finalised by midday TOMORROW. Gives me time to organise the games on here.

Team sheets MUST be in my 7:00pm TOMORROW NIGHT Melbourne time. If any sheets are recieved after the deadline, or if none have been recieved, your team will forfeit the pre-season friendly.

As ossie as mentioned in the PM, you are to name 4 defenders, 4 midfields, 1 ruck, 4 forwards, 2 free choice players in your team sheets.

An amendment on the emergency rules for the pre-season friendlies has been made by myself, you are to name not 3, but 6 emergencies. The main reason is because I'm not 100% sure if Champion Data are providing statistics for all the regional matches.

Now...something ossie hasn't mentioned...

...for the pre-season friendlies, I have opted to trial a very hotly debated rule....the sub rule!

From the W15 Rule Handbook: One of your emergencies is nominated as a Sub. You can activate him at anytime provided he HASN'T played yet. He can replace anyone on the field (whether they have played or not) but if they have played, you'll lose that players score.

- Subs can go on in any position, but only half the score counts if they play out-of-position.

- If your sub is activated as an emergency, you no longer can activate him as a sub.

- If your sub replaces your Captain, your Vice-Captain's score counts as the Captain's score.

So for all those people that have already listed their team sheets, you'll need to update them with 3 more emergencies and a sub. If you do choose to activate a sub, then you'll need to PM me as I'm looking at providing "live scores" over the weekend.

As for the scores, well....the games will be provisionaly based on DT scores provided here on FanFooty. Once the Herald Sun provide the SC scores from both matches (usually the week after the NAB Cup Final), I will update the matches and provide final scores.

Now, if a game hasn't been covered by Champion Data for whatever reason, then you're emergencies will come into play.

Anyone have any issues, questions or concerns, just pm me and I'll help sort it out.

Oh and I'd appreciate it if you could all PM me your team sheets as well for the weekend.

Thanks,

c4.

c4v3m4n

MajorLazer

C4, just making sure you know, I'm assuming Meow and I are going head to head this week in the friendlies. I will post my team in a sec.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: MajorLazer on March 01, 2012, 10:53:29 PM
C4, just making sure you know, I'm assuming Meow and I are going head to head this week in the friendlies. I will post my team in a sec.

Sweet. No worries. ;D

MajorLazer

Cairo Sands

Backs: T.Hunt, J.Laidler, D.Connors, S.Dempster
Mids: J.Redden (c), L.Montagna, C.Masten, S.Wellingham
Ruck: T.Goldstein
Forwards: L.Adams (vc), J.Hill, C.Dell'Olio, S.Phillips
Utilities: A.Woodward, C.Stiller

Emergenices: 1. S.Hogan, 2. A.Tomlinson, 3. Jacob Brennan, 4. J.Sheahan, 5. S.Hampson, 6. J.Cripps

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MajorLazer on March 01, 2012, 11:15:41 PM
Cairo Sands

Backs: T.Hunt, J.Laidler, D.Connors, S.Dempster
Mids: J.Redden, L.Montagna, C.Masten, S.Wellingham
Ruck: T.Goldstein
Forwards: L.Adams, J.Hill, C.Dell'Olio, S.Phillips
Utilities: A.Woodward, C.Stiller

Emergenices: 1. S.Hogan, 2. A.Tomlinson, 3. J.Brennan, 4. J.Sheahan, 5. S.Hampson, 6. J.Cripps

Why Brennan on the bench?

MajorLazer

Knew there was another Brennan. :P

This is the WC one. Jacob Brennan.

Justin Bieber

CrowsFan

Updated my squad to having 6 emergencies, including a sub :)

meow meow

Quote from: whatlez on March 01, 2012, 11:28:11 PM

I don't think it would matter too much, considering i have 0 of my best 15 playing.

MajorLazer

Quote from: meow meow on March 01, 2012, 11:44:02 PM

I don't think it would matter too much, considering i have 0 of my best 15 playing.
I'm just happy I had enough players that are playing. :P

meow meow

Quote from: MajorLazer on March 01, 2012, 11:45:48 PM
Quote from: meow meow on March 01, 2012, 11:44:02 PM

I'm just happy I had enough players that are playing. :P

I could field 2 different teams, even with some of my stars (Beams, Brown, Christensen, NicNat) not playing. Thats what we in the biz like to call depth, doges.