Previous topic - Next topic

thoughts on dean cox for 2012

past his prime
4 (66.7%)
ripe for 2012
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

starz

what are peoples thoughts on dean cox for 2012. will he produce like he did in 2011 or will natunui and his age be a burden in his scoring potential

Windigo

I reckon he'll go alright again.

Best season in recent years and I think that it will continue into next season.

But Burger is looming as a force for next year.....

Holz

will do alright but at his price i dont see any value in him, really cant see him lifting his average.

ronl

I feel this season he'll reach a "tipping point" which will signal a future downward slide. Gone are the days when Cox/Sandiland was  an automatic lock and load.  The young guns are coming and, in fact, have already arrived.

Roy.G.Biv

Quote from: ronl on December 07, 2011, 07:47:50 PM
I feel this season he'll reach a "tipping point" which will signal a future downward slide. Gone are the days when Cox/Sandiland was  an automatic lock and load.  The young guns are coming and, in fact, have already arrived.
+1

Doyle

Everyone ruled him out this year after an average year last year, people will be proven wrong again, he's just a champion player and age doesn't stop him

Holz

Quote from: Doyle on December 07, 2011, 09:42:58 PM
Everyone ruled him out this year after an average year last year, people will be proven wrong again, he's just a champion player and age doesn't stop him

he was cheap this year, do you think he will average more this year?

Ziplock

a lot of good Dters didn't rule him out. Personally, I jumped on him at his price, and was rewarded. But, he's pretty gamned over priced this season, as holz said can only really go down from here. I would prefer to punt on someone like Mcevoy who could up his average, than cox, you might lose 5-10 points or so, but you can make that up with the money saved.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 07, 2011, 10:28:11 PM
a lot of good Dters didn't rule him out. Personally, I jumped on him at his price, and was rewarded. But, he's pretty gamned over priced this season, as holz said can only really go down from here. I would prefer to punt on someone like Mcevoy who could up his average, than cox, you might lose 5-10 points or so, but you can make that up with the money saved.

i agree actually most people in my leagues started with dean round 1. I doubt many will this year.

DT Gun

i hope people dont pick cox. Peoples reasons for not picking him are, 'he is getting old, the rise of nic nat, he is past his prime'

I think people know deep down he is the best, but are looking for a reason to justify picking a young up n comer.

Boomz

Quote from: DT Gun on December 08, 2011, 02:21:09 AM
i hope people dont pick cox. Peoples reasons for not picking him are, 'he is getting old, the rise of nic nat, he is past his prime'

I think people know deep down he is the best, but are looking for a reason to justify picking a young up n comer.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion... The facts are he is past his prime & is bound to slow down soon so it's arguably safer to pick a younger ruck like Leuenberger over him.

DT Gun

how is he past his prime if last season was his best season ever averaging 107?
And its safer to pick leuenberger with hudson now in the team?
WCE isnt changing its ruck stratergy it worked amazing this year.

You cant tell everyone here cox will slow down and when?
Did Robert Harvey slow down at 30?

To say Leuenberger is a better pick is a rediculous statement.

Love how you say, 'The facts are he is past his prime'. What facts?
The fact he had his best Season to date last year?
The fact that he said this year he is the fittest he has ever been in his life?
The fact he averaged 10 more than any other ruckman in dt?

You my friend have no idea at all.

Boomz

Quote from: DT Gun on December 08, 2011, 02:33:42 AM
how is he past his prime if last season was his best season ever averaging 107?
And its safer to pick leuenberger with hudson now in the team?
WCE isnt changing its ruck stratergy it worked amazing this year.

You cant tell everyone here cox will slow down and when?
Did Robert Harvey slow down at 30?

To say Leuenberger is a better pick is a rediculous statement.

Love how you say, 'The facts are he is past his prime'. What facts?
The fact he had his best Season to date last year?
The fact that he said this year he is the fittest he has ever been in his life?
The fact he averaged 10 more than any other ruckman in dt?

You my friend have no idea at all.

Prime as in prime age. Go back and watch him towards the end of the year and tell me he is "the fittest he has ever been"... Not worth that price to me.

DT Gun

Towards the end of the year he had a few knocks (normal in contact sport), Ankle, Back and Ribs i think...... And in his last 6 games still averaged 96......

There is not a prime age for a footballer, every footballer is unique and has a different prime age and you cant put your finger on when that is.

Ziplock

I agree with this to a degree. I can't see cox having a didak or lake like slide this year, infact I would be ridiculously surprised if it happened. However, I'd  be wary about starting any player Cox's age, with his years in the system, after as you said a 'career best season'. It's more likely than not he'll either average over 100, or close to it, Leuen I would be a little worried about picking due to Hudson, as you pointed out, but someone like Mcevoy is, as a premium ruck, a more valuable choice. Or Sandilands, based on his underpricedness. Cox sliding 5 points will hurt if someone like Mcevoy rises 5 points.