Jonathan Brown

Started by Ringo, December 05, 2011, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/126846/default.aspx

For those that are interested and wavering whether to take the risk on Brownie this year.  Should be a lock from round 1.

Ziplock

had him locked for a while ringo :P

valkorum

His price makes him rather juicy

Hippo

hes in mine without a second thought!

been having this discussion with some other mates who wont have him because they think hes injury prone, but these same dudes will have and do every year put Rioli in their team

charliesheen

Quote from: Hippo on December 05, 2011, 05:03:51 PM

been having this discussion with some other mates who wont have him because they think hes injury prone, but these same dudes will have and do every year put Rioli in their team

:D

meow meow

I bought him twice last year and I can't bail on him now and watch him play 22 @ 100.

Dudge

By reading that, u would think he would be a lock in abig percentage of teams. As long as he stops that kamikaze running back into packs stuff. Mind u, it goes to show how courageous he is.

valkorum

By injury prone you mean people hitting him in the face by accident.   That's real injury prone if you ask me.

tferrier18

100% locked in my team, you'd be crazy not to have him...he's probably not essential, because there's value everywhere..but he will save you roughly 150k

AndyJ

No Mitch Clark = No injuries. I'm not bitter or anything.

meow meow

McPharlin hasn't retired and he is sharpening his knee as we speak. Lyon is bringing in Dawson to be the enforcer in case that tactic doesn't work. Nobody messes with Zac.

RiOtChEsS

games since 2001... 22,16,15,14,14,10,22,21,22,16,10 not a lock for me...

Ziplock

MY BACK IS SO ITCHY.

that is all.

tferrier18

Quote from: Marcz on December 05, 2011, 08:10:47 PM
games since 2001... 22,16,15,14,14,10,22,21,22,16,10 not a lock for me...

Yeah but his averages since '05 (not including last year are 114, 140, 111, 100, 99 and 97.

Let's be honest and say that each year you probably punt on 1 or 2 mid pricers to break out and score like a prem. Most of the time they don't and you end up trading them out, without them having gone up all that much in value.

Even if Brown doesn't play a full season, he'll more than likely score like a prem up until that point so you'll be able to sideways him to a prem.

So, what's to lose? You get the security of a high scoring mid pricer (which is what you want out of a mid pricer) and if he goes down, you sideways trade (trading is usually expected of mid pricers anyway) and if he plays a full season then you get a prem for next to nothing.

- From '05 he's averaged 110, so he should be priced roughly at 550k-580k. There's great value in Browny, even if he doesn't last I reckon.

DT Gun

Quote from: valkorum on December 05, 2011, 06:42:44 PM

By injury prone you mean people hitting him in the face by accident.   That's real injury prone if you ask me.

I think if someone plays 182 games out of a possible 242 there is a fair case to be made about him being injury prone. If you go by those stats, he misses on average 6.5 games per season.